It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ignores national security advisors written briefing... DO NOT CONGRATULATE PUTIN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I forgive you, we all have our days. I wasn't about to take it to personally.
And as you said, I also thinks he takes advice from people. Just because he didn't take this advice doesn't mean he's completely irrational. After all, if he was that irrational he would just fire his advisors altogether. I just don't see a reason to deliberately provoke Putin.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I remember when I was serving in West Germany how folks like KGB officers were a concern, and our nation's enemy. Funny how one got elected again to run russia, and all the so called conservatives are now not so critical of the former KGB.

What happened - did the former KGB guy change, or did the conservatives in the US change?

I know this will bring up some automatic responses from both sides, but really consider the question.

Please don't side track this by attacks against me as being a leftist. Look up at what I wrote - I was the one serving. Not wrapping myself in the flag, just tired of knee jerk anger and emotional responses to discredit a post made in good faith. Or is that expecting too much, ATS?

edit on 20-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

OK. You add the Saudis. Trump made it clear there would be no more 'democratizing'/nation building by the U.S.. That the ME nations would have to clean their own house of radicals. The Saudis have done that more than any ME nation that I know of. (The Saudis are at odds with Iran as well). Nothing stays the same, I suppose.

The overview you pose is far from a given, from what I can see.

Rather than the concern you obviously feel, let it play out a bit further. I'm slightly more optimistic than you on that score. An unknowable future tends to draw out worst case scenarios. I never felt we would survive the cold war and somehow we did....

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hm. Let's see. In December of 2011, Obama's Secretary of State- in other words HRC- said:

After Russia’s Dec. 2011 parlaimentary elections, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called them "neither free nor fair." When Russian protesters took to the streets to protest those elections and Putin’s return to the presidency, Putin publicly accused Clinton of inciting the protests.

Despite this, what did Obama do four months later after Putin's election?

Obama congratulates Putin For election win

(post by conspiracy nut removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Hm. Let's see. In December of 2011, Obama's Secretary of State- in other words HRC- said:

After Russia’s Dec. 2011 parlaimentary elections, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called them "neither free nor fair." When Russian protesters took to the streets to protest those elections and Putin’s return to the presidency, Putin publicly accused Clinton of inciting the protests.

So she was in the right?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine
I don’t think he takes advice very often. But maybe he has a complete dislike for the “deep state” and wont take the advice they give him. And I won’t fault him for that. I do think his congrats of Putin didn’t help his case. He just gave the left more CO2 to use. Why would someone do that?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

But did his staff tell him in CLEAR BOLD LETTERS not to?
And what did Obama mean when he said after my election i'll have more flexibility?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I don’t think he takes advice very often. But maybe he has a complete dislike for the “deep state” and wont take the advice they give him. And I won’t fault him for that. I do think his congrats of Putin didn’t help his case. He just gave the left more CO2 to use. Why would someone do that?

I honestly think they would've criticized him either way. It is possible he's doing what he believes is best for the country, and not just playing partisan politics of some kind with this. It seems pretty standard for US presidents to call and congratulate Putin after he "wins" his "elections".
edit on 20-3-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Link is dead, BTW. But I'm quite sure it's filled with unnamed sources.
edit on 20-3-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
his supporters clearly believe "he knows more than most generals".

that's scary.

would a real patriot/american believe that? the responses in this thread are something else..

edit on 20-3-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

(post by conspiracy nut removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Because he promised to get the BEST People. So if he got the best people why does he just turn around and to the exact opposite of what his own advisers advise.

He got the best people , but he is the bestest .
edit on 40331America/ChicagoTue, 20 Mar 2018 21:40:46 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

that's scary.

would a real patriot/american believe that? the responses in this thread are something else..

You used "his supportors cleary believe he knows more than most generals",
where has one of his "supporters" stated that in this thread?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: knoxie

that's scary.

You used "his supportors cleary believe he knows more than most generals",
where has one of his "supporters" stated that in this thread?

Correct. Trump said that himself.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Well...what is the reasoning behind not congratulating Putin? Why did his team tell him not to?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Well...what is the reasoning behind not congratulating Putin? Why did his team tell him not to?

That's what I've been wanting an answer on from him too. I just don't see the reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join