It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Shooting confirmed at High School in Maryland, facility on lockdown

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
It's beginning to look like all this stuff is some covert plan at the second amendment. Perhaps Soros fueled. It's like once or twice a week thing now.

To me, I think we are possibly being groomed to *demand* the government has broader powers to confiscate guns. (I mean, I am not predicting that...but it seems to be what law enforcement and officials are *cough* hinting at.)

I noticed after the Parkland shooting that officials had this *excuse* that LE and the Courts have their *hands tied* when it comes to being able to confiscate weapons after they've received reports about threatening, violent, disturbed behavior.

I am curious if today's shooter was one of the students that had recently been reported for making threats. The threats were reportedly "unsubstantiated" and so their *hands were tied.*
edit on 3/20/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
Unfortunately, that is something that has not changed with time for the area.

It is still very much a rural town. Don't let its close proximity to Washington D.C. fool you. If it were not for the military base, there would not be much else for the people in the area to do. It has always been a place were crimes of passion ran fluid, and shootings for infidelity or a trampled heart were common.

I have spoken to a few folk from the area, they say that it was local and domestic. Nothing really newsworthy by their standards.

edit on 20-3-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It is always hard to raise your child independent of the grain.

I was lucky. I grew up in this rural area, outside of the wealthier citified area of Great Mills. Walking distance from the river, plenty of woods, and neighbors close enough to help if needed, but far enough away not to smell your farts.

I had two parents that worked outside the home. My father was big on education, and my mother was a nurse. They both worked for the military, so we had a little more than most. That already put us on the edge of being"different". So we were forgiven for having to follow the rules of the house and not the rules of the street.

I learned early in my life that you teach people how to treat you. I had a greater fear of getting an arse whooping from my Dad than from getting one in the streets, so I was never a push over and learned the way out of hell was to lead, not the follow.

You are right to teach your children about the pitfalls of life. They will be able to pull themselves out faster if they fall, because they won't waste their time digging in the wrong direction.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
At least in this case the resource officer had the balls to engage the shooter.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: toysforadults
what's the point of school kids obviously learn nothing and their life expectancy drops just by attending

Exactly, why are schools not putting metal detectors in yet? It is rediculous!! Just like going into a courthouse, you should have to go thought security. How hard is this to implement? How many more will have to die, before such a simple solution be put in place? Certainly it would at least be a deterant.

Its not hard to implement. Its a solution that doesnt involve changing gun laws though.

Im in Austin. Would be nice if our police state could catch one serial bomber...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: SailorJerry

I love this comment.

So smart to raise a discussion about other approaches to the issues involving school shootings.

I also think there is room to discuss metal detectors/backpack scanners (the expense is worth it if it means the Constitutional rights of others are protected), and school policy changes (for example, my son's school prohibits students from carrying bags and backpacks into their classrooms).

Absolutely and you get both your constitutional rights intact, and safer schools for children with ACTIVE methods to stop the action.

Add on to that more ACTIVE approaches to address the extreme bullying going on and you might not only drop the rates of gun violence in schools, you might drop the SUICIDE rates of teenagers.

Its obvious that bullying and the general nasty nature of teens these days to each other is contributing to both of these things heavily

Why arent people drawing this very clear conclusion?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

well one thing IS obvious, which is the topic of this thread, where is all the massive coverage? Why isnt it all over the news?

Simple it doesnt fit the narrative, there wasnt a bunch of kids killed and a good guy with a GUN put a stop to it before he could do it.

Its glaringly obvious whats going on , and it blows my mind that those on the left either wont admit it or cant see it.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

well one thing IS obvious, which is the topic of this thread, where is all the massive coverage? Why isnt it all over the news?

Because this shooting happened to have occurred in a school. His intent was to shoot his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. The school was an opportune place. It could have been at a McDonald's or a church parking lot. It just happened to be at a school.

You are right. They can't twist this one the way they would like. They have to use this one from a different angle.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, something else should ring through on this incident also. ...

Why did the shooter choose a school over "McDonald's or a Church parking lot"????

Because the shooter knew (or thought anyway) that no one at a school would be armed (i.e. "gun free" zones and all).

Turns out the shooter was wrong...DEAD wrong! (just how it should be!!!)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: iunlimited491

Your post deserves a thousand stars!

Too bad I can only give one.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthallThat school shooting last week in Birmingham HAD metal detectors but they weren't working. The MSM passed on the story because it would only hurt the school administrators and the teachers unions.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I wonder when CNN will be holding their town hall for the kids to discuss how their lives could well have been saved by a good guy with a gun?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

How big are your lungs? Pretty big I hope!

You're going to be holding your breath for a long time!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, something else should ring through on this incident also. ...

Why did the shooter choose a school over "McDonald's or a Church parking lot"????

Because the shooter knew (or thought anyway) that no one at a school would be armed (i.e. "gun free" zones and all).

Turns out the shooter was wrong...DEAD wrong! (just how it should be!!!)

Or the kid knew his target would be where he was when he was. You’d have to get pretty lucky to find someone just driving or walking around town looking for them. The school just happened to be the best opportunity for him to strike with confidence of mission success.

Edit: Also the kid was a senior so he would have had to known there was a Resource Officer on campus. They’ve had one ever since I was a junior in 97-98. He was more than likely overcome with sadness and rage. It’s no secret teenagers don’t manage their emotions well. The rage fueled the deed and the sadness caused apathy in regards to his own life. He probably felt like he didn’t want to live so didn’t care if he died in the process. He looked to be a small fella too and the guy he shot looked pretty stout. He knew he couldn’t beat him up but wished he could so shot him instead.
edit on 21-3-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

How big are your lungs? Pretty big I hope!

You're going to be holding your breath for a long time!

I suspect you are right... they are too busy railing against social media marketing at the moment. I guess not enough people died for them to care much about this shooting and it sure doesn't fit the liberal agenda they live by.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't think they are going to give up on the demonizing of guns part of their campaign. It is just that they are not going to be able to get enough people to play ball on this one because of the nature of the crime.

I know the area well, and if this had not happened in a school, no one would have heard a thing about it.

Someone shooting at a two timing lover was a regular weekend event in this area when I lived there.

Another reason for the media quiet is that this happened in a small military/rural, predominately white, middle class town, not as much to work with. Now if this had happened in Baltimore or Chicago the media would be pissing all over themselves and splattering us with their waste.

edit on 21-3-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Addendum

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Someone shooting at a two timing lover was a regular weekend event in this area when I lived there.

I can attest that this sort of thing is not uncommon around here. Accurate that if it would have happened outside of school it would have only made it to the local paper.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
maybe its not such a bad idea for teachers to be armed and trained. when this crap happens twice a week they should be.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Okay, so what's your point????

He was a heartbroken loser, who took a gun to a 'gun-free' zone...with an armed guard with a gun...and LOST.

What was the point again?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Okay, so what's your point????

He was a heartbroken loser, who took a gun to a 'gun-free' zone...with an armed guard with a gun...and LOST.

What was the point again?

Uh that his decision was not based on the school being a “gun free zone” which clearly it was not as there was an armed officer on campus but I digress. That is what you were implying in the comment I responded to. Forget it though it’s not that important and people like you and your pretentious condenscending tone are why all the good posters have left this place. You seem like a nasty person and I don’t want to engage with you any further.
edit on 22-3-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join