It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Shooting confirmed at High School in Maryland, facility on lockdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You said it leaves poorer communities out, but that would be the definition of poorer community would it not? Seems to me they were not left out.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wonder if we'll find out this is another consequence of the justice dept. rules on eliminating discipline disparity?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
On left wing forums they are trashing the guy who stopped the shooter because "2 people still got shot". I guess in their perfect world, everyone would have been defenseless and just died.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You said it leaves poorer communities out, but that would be the definition of poorer community would it not? Seems to me they were not left out.

I was referring to that poster’s suggestion that parents could pay for these security issues and not have it be taxed.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree.

But if we're going to start awarding points to Trump and the NRA because an SRO did his job, that begs the question of how many points do we deduct when an SRO doesn't do his job.

Begging the question is a logical fallacy.

That being said, awarding points over the corpse of innocents is pretty disgusting behavior in general.

But it ok to use the kids from Parkland to score political points for the anti gun lobby?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

This is how it goes down...

A troubled guy? check. A kid that was bullied in school? check. An access to firearms? check. I sense the will be a rise in homeschooling.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The big question is why are these events happening in the USA in stretches like this with this kind of frequency . Why is it always the USA?
A. Too many guns in circulation and too easy for anyone to access them ?

B. Government running false flag operations via problem, reaction , solution in this country in particular in an attempt to confiscate guns altogether one day ?

C. Coincidence

D. It happens just as much in other countries but just doesn’t get as much media attention ?

A combination of some of these ?

Or something else entirely ?

I just can’t seem to shake the belief that America is the testing ground of the world for so much .. I wouldn’t be surprised if all these shootings are government sponsored false flag operations where heavy MK ultra mind control is used , and patsies are involved .

God knows at this point though .. everything about this world is just a big secret

edit on 20-3-2018 by freedom7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Kids are tired of getting bullied and have enough drugs in them to numb them out

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Shooter dead 2 injured

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
a reply to: toysforadults

are you trolling or being serious?

Stupid is as stupid does, eh?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

I agree.

But if we're going to start awarding points to Trump and the NRA because an SRO did his job, that begs the question of how many points do we deduct when an SRO doesn't do his job.

That being said, awarding points over the corpse of innocents is pretty disgusting behavior in general.

But it ok to use the kids from Parkland to score political points for the anti gun lobby?

Jesus, the whataboutisms....its never ending.

Nothing in what I said would lead you to ask that question. In fact, since you are from around here, I'd expect you to be pretty darned familiar with my tendency to be a foaming at the mouth, pro2A type of guy. I have 2 guns with me right now, actually.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Im not much of a conspiracy guy, but here we are having more and more frequent things pushing this agenda.

They say they want to save kids, but why arent we talking real solutions to stop shooters? Simple and cheap things like:

I thought we wanted to save kids? Why arent we taking the most common sense, cheapest and most IMMEDIATE measures we could implement TOMORROW to do so?

We arent doing these simple things , were just talking about taking guns, and youre telling me theres no agenda here?

The simple devices above keep a shooter locked in a room or in a hallway with no way to get into a room full of kids, and at the mercy of whatever armed professional is around.

Why, WHY arent these being MANDATED to be had in school like OSHA mandates safety measures for construction sites?

Why? because its not about the kids for the left, its about the damn AGENDA
Tools like these can just as easily be used by a criminal to barricade himself inside a room with hostages.

Also, there are many many doors in a school. How many metal detectors would be needed to cover each entrance? What about all of the metal objects that are not dangerous weapons, or are used everyday for teaching purposes.

I don’t think either of these ideas are cost feasible or effective deterrents of violence.

Not to mention that niether really address the actual problem of mental illness, prescription abuse, depression medications, and political organizations that are using social media, and MSM as a tool for driving a campaign that has people at eachother's throats for ideological differences.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I agree.

Why not accept the fact that the kids are pushing the agenda themselves? I mean really...they're old enough to buy guns, but not old enough to be taken seriously when they take umbrage at getting shot? Seriously?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
School Resource Officers (SRO's) are reactive solutions.

The only proactive solutions even being discussed are taking away guns, which is idiotic at best, because it only removes a tool and not the desire to cause harm.

I don't know the motive of the shooter, but I do know that it is a life wasted.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but it's hard to have 20/20 vision when our political leaders have their heads up their asses.

I hope the victims recover.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Sorry, it took me a bit to find it. Yes, it does seem a cheap rate for safety.

One thing that Tennessee lawmakers are agreeing on: something needs to be done about school security. A bipartisan bill has been introduced that would allow Tennessee school systems to hire off-duty law officers to reinforce school security measures. According to the bill officers would be required to be armed but it would be up to the districts if officers would carry rifles or whether they would wear uniforms. Up to two officers would be offered to a school from a designated list. The program would be funded using civil asset forfeiture money with the state paying officers $50 per school day and $50 for after-school events. Any additional money would come from state reserves.

homelandprepnews.com... ucture/

A Tennessee House subcommittee passed a bill on Wednesday that would allow school employees to arm themselves with a gun. The idea has been gathering speed since the Parkland, Fla. school shooting spree that left 17 students dead. State Representative David Byrd sponsored the bill. The proposal would give school boards and school directors the power to adopt a policy allowing selected school employees to carry a concealed firearm on school property. Byrd introduced a similar law giving that authority to certain school staff members in two rural counties. This new proposal would allow one school employee to carry a gun for every 75 students in the school. The person would need to complete 40 hours of training by either law enforcement or a certified firearms instructor.

edit on 20-3-2018 by TNMockingbird because: to add

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I agree.

Why not accept the fact that the kids are pushing the agenda themselves? I mean really...they're old enough to buy guns, but not old enough to be taken seriously when they take umbrage at getting shot? Seriously?
These kids are not driving this by themselves. CNN orchestrated an entire production and gave those kids talking points. The kids are def on board, but they did not organize any of this without professional help. They have the backing of an entire political party. The DNC is fundraising for them.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: ketsuko

I was referring to that poster’s suggestion that parents could pay for these security issues and not have it be taxed.

Most of the big inner city school districts will already have things like metal detectors. Door stops and other things are far cheaper.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I agree.

These kids are not driving this by themselves. CNN orchestrated and entire production and gave those kids talking points. The kids are def on board, but they did not organize any of this without professional help.

And not even all the kids are on board. You keep seeing the same faces over and over. A few, well chosen kids are on board.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So it could have been worse, the shooter was stopped by someone with a gun? A hero?

Obviously this messes with the narrative, so the family of the shooter should have a legal fund set up to sue the school, the hero who stopped him, the police, the state and of course Donald Trump. For millions in damages, and also possibly try to have criminal charges filed against everyone involved. The shooter is the victim.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are other poor communities that aren’t in the big inner cities. My home state of Texas has some.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join