It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Shooting confirmed at High School in Maryland, facility on lockdown

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Wow...sorry your feelers got hurted...after going back and editing your post (not once, but three times) to make more sense.

Forgive me, but I'm just sick and damn tired of punk rodents like this kid going and shooting up schools for the glory of it, to get in the headlines, lovesick or otherwise, and my usual jovial nature is sorely missing on subjects such as these. If that makes me a "nasty person" then I will gladly accept that!

Take care.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Okay, so what's your point????

He was a heartbroken loser, who took a gun to a 'gun-free' zone...with an armed guard with a gun...and LOST.

What was the point again?

Uh that his decision was not based on the school being a “gun free zone” which clearly it was not as there was an armed officer on campus but I digress. That is what you were implying in the comment I responded to. Forget it though it’s not that important and people like you and your pretentious condenscending tone are why all the good posters have left this place. You seem like a nasty person and I don’t want to engage with you any further.

Seems most likely he picked the school because he thought it was safer for him. A good guy with a gun stopped something much worse from happening. That's the real point.
edit on 22/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Its odd isn't it, when the SRO does their job in a fast and timely manner the shooting is pretty much off the TV by nightfall and on various message boards you only have a smidgen of the responses versus say broward county where the SRO failed, the Sherriff's department failed, the FBI failed, and the School failed. Then its 24 7 coverage for a while and still see people from that tragedy routinely getting air time, almost like Mmmm someone is pushing an agenda maybe?

Yes I was being sarcastic for most of this, its obvious that one department put an officer on the job that would protect the students, and another put people looking to retire on the job.

Just like any other job, having the right person on the job is far more important than the approved (insert favorite SJW cause here).

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Wow...sorry your feelers got hurted...after going back and editing your post (not once, but three times) to make more sense.

Forgive me

All that right there was unecessary commentary and exemplary of what I was talking about. You could have gotten your point across without the snide remarks. As for editing, I corrected typos so that my comment would not be attacked and delegitmized by grammar Nazis because I spelled “too”as opposed to “to”.

As for the incident I think that you are either not reading the situation clearly or are intentionally twisting it to suit your narrative. I maintain that he did not choose the locale because he felt “safer” doing it there but rather it was the best place of opportunity for him to get the job done so to speak.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Precisely.

And a point which the other poster seems to want to ignore.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

And I disagree.

How's that?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Sad News...

GREAT MILLS, Md. (AP) — A teenage girl who was shot when a classmate opened fire inside their Maryland high school is brain dead and is being removed from life support, her mother said Thursday.

Melissa Willey told news reporters Thursday night that her daughter, 16-year-old Jaelynn Willey has "no life left in her." She said Jaelynn would be removed from life support during the evening.

The teen was shot Tuesday by 17-year-old Austin Rollins at Great Mills High School in St. Mary's County.
www.msn.com...

edit on 3/22/2018 by carewemust because: date correction

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Why would a kid be worried about being shot? Statistical chances of drowning is much, much more likely - but we don't sensationalize the issue and trigger people, so swimming pools are not calling to be banned, yet.

We should start worrying a lot more about mental health to avoid both one of the leading causes of deaths of kids - suicide - and likely the leading cause of shooting at your class mates. Why everyone ignores the issue, I have no idea. Dems and reps alike need to start thinking about how to heal the minds of these kids, and the gun problem will mostly go away.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join