It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems propose tax cut rollback to pay for infrastructure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: BlueJacket

If someone can honestly argue that the government is spending our money wisely, then I'd like to see it.

If you CAN'T argue that government is spending our money wisely, then any call for tax increases is just advocating for larger government and poorer people.

Ummm...I wonder...

What exactly is the percentage of public sector unionists...I.E....government workers...that vote and affiliate with the left of the right...

Perhaps this might explain why they're always harping for even larger government...higher taxes...etc...
It would swell their ranks...raise their pay and pension...and ensure for themselves the gravy from your table....to theirs...

This is the leftist motto...speaking to the non public sector worker...

"You'll get nothing...and like it"...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I can understand why the top dems are running with this.

Most of the poor dems that I know in my real life have had MORE of their taxs taken since this new tax code.
In fact the poorest family that I know , a family that has gotten back 2k every year in their taxes for the last 6 years, this year only got 300$.

That's a very big problem to a family of five with 3 kids 1 working adult and 1 disabled adult.

I myself saw NO CHANGE at all in my taxes this year. And my disabled mothers taxes did NOT CHANGE.

So I wonder who here actually had more of their money come to them?
Is it really just the rich people that are getting to keep more of their money?

My job has not raised any ones wages yet ether.

I am not complaining because nothing changed for me but I do feel bad about my poor friends who got shafted.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I wouldn't mind doing a one cent sales tax on a dollar for infrastructure, but I really don't trust the government with more of my money. You give them one dollar and they spend ten.
If we did do the one cent plan I think the people should vote on it and not the politicians. I also think it should only go for as long as it takes to get the trillion that is needed. Then shut it down. It wouldn't be hard to do the math to figure when that would come about. There is a lot more that is needed to be done like a lock box and how it is spend and how bids are done.

Just my 2 cents the government let me keep.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

really don't trust the government with more of my money.

Nether do I . smaller weaker government is a better government in my opinion.

The real problem in the states is that we the people do not exercise our rights enough.
We have the power to hold our local governments to the flames and make them spend our tax money on local infrastructure , but we don't.

If we did I would join with the dems and ask for more taxs taken. But not with our current way of doing things. There is no accountability for each person spending each of my dollars. Until I get a receipt of how my tax dollars are spent I don't want to give them one dime.

There should be more votes on how our taxes get spent. Give the people more power to decide what their individual dollar is spent on. My taxs should only be spent on the things I choose. NOT the bs that some stranger in government chooses.
My choices will be based of of what I think my community needs. The politicians choice is based off of fear, greed, and outside pressure from lobbyists that i don't agree with.
Were is the freedom in that?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

My taxs should only be spent on the things I choose. NOT the bs that some stranger in government chooses.

That sounds like a pro life person describing government funded abortion.......

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

the democrat platform for 2018 is;
Raising taxes
Banning firearms
Open borders
Censoring free speech

Don't forget declaring the NRA a terrorist organization and going after its members.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Senate Dems propose tax cut rollback to pay for infrastructure

I see nothing wrong with that, good for them, the other guys want to build toll gates all over the high ways to make up for the deficit bought about by tax cuts for extremely rich folks.

Wisconsin should use tolls to get matching money for Trump's infrastructure plan, top lawmakers say
.www.jsonline.com...

BTW that trickle down on our heads stuff by cutting taxes for ...well rich folks and corporations , ask your average Kansan how is that working out, bet they can't even taste the salt form that trickle.
edit on 10-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

i guess that would depend of what YOUR definition of "rich folks" is

i am not "rich folks" by my definintion, perhaps my definition is wrong, would you please provide yours?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

i am not "rich folks" by my definintion, perhaps my definition is wrong, would you please provide yours?

The top 5%??

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ignore politics for a moment and think on this:

The proposal is for a 1 trillion dollar project with no way to fund it. There is no talking about where the money is going to come from, no talk about where the initial money needed to get such a project started. Nothing.

Creating jobs to do this project will not fund it. There has to be money there present to invest into said project, to get the proverbial ball rolling.

Now we come back to the politics. The idea is a good idea, renew the infrastructure of the country, nothing wrong with that. But where it goes wrong is when there has to be funding for this kind of project, there has to be a good solid plan, to which there is not.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The top 5%??

Top 5% of household income is about $166,000. That is a teacher and a plumber around these parts.... yeah, real rich.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Most of the poor dems that I know in my real life have had MORE of their taxs taken since this new tax code.
In fact the poorest family that I know , a family that has gotten back 2k every year in their taxes for the last 6 years, this year only got 300$.

You are aware that the new tax plan had no impact on 2017 tax returns right? They didn't get less because of the new tax plan, something else will have caused the difference.

I myself saw NO CHANGE at all in my taxes this year. And my disabled mothers taxes did NOT CHANGE.

As one would expect when nothing changed regarding last years taxes, the tax plan started January 1, 2018. Since then I have seen on average an extra $40 per check.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The 1.5 trillion for the infrastructure plan is already in Treasury I believe and the dems are scrambling like crazy to try and take credit fo what is happening as this country begins to rebuild its infrastructure

Look into the Reagan-Mitterand protocols for where this money came from. Interesting times we are in.
Needless to say the dems really do not know what to do about all this. If it is already there in Treasury Congress does not need to sign off and fund it (and vote for or against)and the dems are not needed for Trump to begin rebuilding this country.
In this light you can see this op as the dems scrambling to take credit in anyway they can for the infrastructure project they cannot stop
edit on 10-3-2018 by bulwarkz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

really don't trust the government with more of my money.

Nether do I . smaller weaker government is a better government in my opinion.

The real problem in the states is that we the people do not exercise our rights enough.
We have the power to hold our local governments to the flames and make them spend our tax money on local infrastructure , but we don't.

If we did I would join with the dems and ask for more taxs taken. But not with our current way of doing things. There is no accountability for each person spending each of my dollars. Until I get a receipt of how my tax dollars are spent I don't want to give them one dime.

There should be more votes on how our taxes get spent. Give the people more power to decide what their individual dollar is spent on. My taxs should only be spent on the things I choose. NOT the bs that some stranger in government chooses.
My choices will be based of of what I think my community needs. The politicians choice is based off of fear, greed, and outside pressure from lobbyists that i don't agree with.
Were is the freedom in that?

On one side are the corporations and lobbyists wanting legislation for tax and legal exemptions, at the other are taxpayers wanting taxes reduced, then there are the pressure groups for special interests (disabled, unemployed, minorities, religious groups) wanting money to be spent, then there those wanting money spent on infrastructure.
It's like a four way tug-of-war.

Californian voters wanted proposition 13, so property taxes couldn't rise. But they want the city councils to provide more services.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The top 5%??

By what scale please?
This scale may be different than what you have in mind.
wallethacks.com...

5%: $130,000 10%: $90,000 20%: $60,000 30%: $50,000 40%: $40,000 50%: $30,000 60%: $20,000 – $24,999 70%: $15,000 80%: $5,000 — $9,999 90%: $0.01 — $4,999

I would not consider someone who made $130,000 to be "rich folks".
$130,000 for 1 person would be vastly different than $130,000 for a family of 4.

By the scale I posted anyone from 40% to the 5% got the tax decrease earlier this year. By no means would I consider the 40% to be "rich folks".

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

That is an interesting point, and one that I had not read before.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I thought it had.

In that case we have a year before we will see how it effected us.

My paycheck has not changed.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The tax cuts in the small town we live near are making a big difference in peoples lives.

I'm calling BS on that, I don't know anyone who has seen any benefit due to the unnecessary tax cut except corporations.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

$100.00 more per month here.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Truck shopping today between tax cut and raise payment made. My trade in is actually worth more today than 2 years ago because things are moving fast.

Small town here less than 2000 people but 29 millionaires according to the census.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join