It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems propose tax cut rollback to pay for infrastructure

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So anyone's experience outside of your small sphere of influence is BS huh... very open minded thinking there... legendary use of intelligence truly astounding.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So considering the responses I have seen in this thread, should I expect a group of wealthy Americans to step up and not only fund our infrastructure projects, but also manage it's construction?

People sure like to bitch about big government and having to pay taxes, but have no problem driving our streets and highways, taking advantage of what government and taxes accomplished.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: CB328

$100.00 more per month here.

My cut coupled with a raise I received.

So I bumped my withholdings in my retirement plan 6%. I'm at 19% now!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So considering the responses I have seen in this thread, should I expect a group of wealthy Americans to step up and not only fund our infrastructure projects, but also manage it's construction?

People sure like to bitch about big government and having to pay taxes, but have no problem driving our streets and highways, taking advantage of what government and taxes accomplished.

Do you think government spends the money it receives form taxes wisely?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Perhaps you should not EXPECT anything from others or the government.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If wealthy democrats don't believe we pay enough in taxes, then they should step up and voluntarily pay more to show they are serious.

Considering almost 50% of the population doesn't pay squat in federal income taxes, they are the ones who should be thanking those of us that do.

link   

I also received a raise this year larger than previous years.
But you know....breadcrumbs and all....

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you are going to avoid the issue by asking a question?

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
are they purposely trying to kill their own party?

I hope so.

They really messed up the dating scene with this 3rd wave feminist bs. Now I gotta really really tip toe around asking women out or my life will be destroyed if she says no.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

We should expect things from our government. The constitution lays-out their design and purpose.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

If wealthy democrats don't believe we pay enough in taxes, then they should step up and voluntarily pay more to show they are serious.

Considering almost 50% of the population doesn't pay squat in federal income taxes, they are the ones who should be thanking those of us that do.

So let's cut taxes. Hell, do away with them altogether.

Ok. Now what? Who's going to pay for the roads and bridges. Are wealthy Americans, Liberal and Conservative, going to pony up, or are we going back to mud roads and horses?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Why am I not surprised?

Not at all.

But in order to properly phrase the answer, I would like to know if you think government spends the money it gets from taxes, wisely.

Because we already pay quite a bit, yet you are working under the assumption (?) that we don't pay any?

Or do you think we pay too little?

That's why I wanted to know your thoughts on government spending.

Now I also said that anyone who favors higher taxes is welcome to immediately pay more.

Are you paying more?

Will you pay more?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

We should expect things from our government. The constitution lays-out their design and purpose.

Perhaps that is where the actual problem lies....the constitution limits the government imo, it does not grant ANYTHING. The rights you have were not granted by ANY government. The constitution prevents the government from taking those rights. The only things I expect from the government are competency and accountability, two things imo that the government sorely lacks.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Why am I not surprised?

Not at all.

But in order to properly phrase the answer, I would like to know if you think government spends the money it gets from taxes, wisely.

Because we already pay quite a bit, yet you are working under the assumption (?) that we don't pay any?

Or do you think we pay too little?

That's why I wanted to know your thoughts on government spending.

Now I also said that anyone who favors higher taxes is welcome to immediately pay more.

Are you paying more?

Will you pay more?

Still avoiding the question, I see.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So are you.

But I see why.

If you said that government spent the money they tax us wisely, you'd be an advocate for bigger government and poorer people.

If you said that government spent the money they tax us unwisely, you'd look like a hypocrite for advocating higher taxes.

We already pay quite a bit to the government. And here they say they need more for infrastructure. Well, how was the money spent before when they said they needed to spend it on infrastructure?

Some of us question government. I wish more of us would.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Perhaps that is where the actual problem lies....the constitution limits the government imo, it does not grant ANYTHING.

Either way, there are things we can expect from the government. It is their job by design and grants them the duty to carry out their purpose.

The rights you have were not granted by ANY government.

The rights were granted by the Constitution, which created our system of government.

The constitution prevents the government from taking those rights.

No, it does not. The constitutions states what government can and cannot do. In no way does it or can it prevent people from violating those rights.

The only things I expect from the government are competency and accountability, two things imo that the government sorely lacks.

You don't expect them to provide for the defense of this country? It seems you are not up-to-date with the constitution and what it outlines.

Not sure how we can come to any understanding when you lack the most basic information.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: bulwarkz

That is an interesting point, and one that I had not read before.

Only congress can appoint those funds. Notice how neither the dems or msm are disputing he is going to go ahead with the rebuilding project and all the talk of steel and manufacturing coming here. Ignore the talk of tarrifs and know this FOR SURE. Trump is telling the world right now it will all be done with American Steel and manufacturing

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

So are you.

But I see why.

I will not be baited in to your attempts at deflection and strawmanning.

So you want smaller government and less taxes.

Ok.

Who's going to pay for the infrastructure and who's going to be in charge of getting it built?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So are you.

But I see why.

I will not be baited in to your attempts at deflection and strawmanning.

So you want smaller government and less taxes.

Ok.

I know. Weird, huh.

Who's going to pay for the infrastructure and who's going to be in charge of getting it built?

2 questions.

First question; We're obviously going to pay for it with the taxes they already take.

Second question; Who's going to be in charge? Dunno. I already have a job. Put in an application if you want.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Democrat politicians are ISIS - they are at war with the common citizen and will use terrorist tactics of threats and violent actions to achieve their political agendas of controlling everyones personal thoughts and encouraging both hatred and denial of human history.

Democrats have had the torch this past 8 years before Trump, now all of a sudden, 'infrastructure is important and any costs associated with it will come out of average joes pocket and this will be Trumps fault' - pathetic democrat politicians and their supporters are pathetic.

I get the feeling the DNC relies heavily on their base having the attention span of a gnat and very little cognitive skills to be able to determine real from fantasy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join