It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems propose tax cut rollback to pay for infrastructure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So as usual Democrats think they can spend your money better than YOU can.

edit on 10-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
"The spending would be offset by clawing back two-thirds of the revenue lost in the Republican tax bill by reinstating a top income tax rate of 39.6 percent, restoring the individual alternative minimum tax, reversing cuts to the estate tax, and raising the corporate income tax from 21 percent to 25 percent."

How is this unreasonable? Republicans really count on their voters to be low-information. What did trump say? He loves the poorly educated? Fools.

Oh look someone is upset about all the winning going on in this country. Hillary already tried to polish that turd you call policy. I guess some people never learn. Maybe after the midterms you will finally wake up, but I won’t hold my breath nor care.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There is nothing stopping democrats of all economic levels to start giving more of their money to the government.

But they don't want that.

They want the so called one percent to be the slave class, and pay for EVERYTHING their little hearts want.

edit on 10-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think it is better if we create more manufacturers so that more people can pay in taxes. Sometimes I wonder about those Democrats, who the hell are they working for anyway, the EU? Maybe China or Russia, somehow I think their minds have been compromised, we should take care of our own first, creating taxpayers.

We create more manufacturers....how do WE do that?

people do that, and people don't want to pay a livable wage..so they open a plant in China.

Now, don't get me wrong, manufacturing will one day return to the USA, once robots are cheap and efficient enough to fully automate their plants so they don't have to pay for chinese slave labor.

You create more manufacturing jobs by making it easier and cheaper to manufacture in the US which means lower taxes, less regulations, etc. Basically, you have to make it so that all the other benefits of manufacturing in the US outweigh the lower cost of the slave labor in third world countries.

For example, if a company manufacturers in the US they have a 5% tax rate vs say a 20% tax rate if they manufacture overseas.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

"The spending would be offset by clawing back two-thirds of the revenue lost in the Republican tax bill by reinstating a top income tax rate of 39.6 percent, restoring the individual alternative minimum tax, reversing cuts to the estate tax, and raising the corporate income tax from 21 percent to 25 percent."

How is this unreasonable? Republicans really count on their voters to be low-information. What did trump say? He loves the poorly educated? Fools.

Oh look someone is upset about all the winning going on in this country. Hillary already tried to polish that turd you call policy. I guess some people never learn. Maybe after the midterms you will finally wake up, but I won’t hold my breath nor care.

You can't argue facts so ... Hillary? Sad!

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

That was Hillary’s policy when running against Trump. Inform yourself or continue to come off as dense. Either way I’m happy with he changes Trump made.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I still talk to some of the people I worked with before I retired . They are getting extra money each week in their paychecks and the company increased their bonus . This is a small manufacturing company and if it worked for them , I'm sure it worked for others . By the way , none of them are rich

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I love how the minority party "whoever it is at the time" always knows how to run things better than the party in power.
If they were so damn good at running the country they wouldn't have lost control.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

That was Hillary’s policy when running against Trump. Inform yourself or continue to come off as dense. Either way I’m happy with he changes Trump made.

This is not Hillary's policy, don't distract.

The democrats propose to reinstate the top rate of tax, corporation tax and estate tax only.

So unless you earn over $500,000, own assets over $5 million or are a corporation, you won't pay more.

The republican corporate tax cut alone is expected to be responsible for around $800 billion in stock buy backs this year alone - something that really only benefits wealthy corporations and investors.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This is not Hillary's policy, don't distract.

The democrats propose to reinstate the top rate of tax, corporation tax and estate tax only.

So unless you earn over $500,000, own assets over $5 million or are a corporation, you won't pay more.

The republican corporate tax cut alone is expected to be responsible for around $800 billion in stock buy backs this year alone - something that really only benefits wealthy corporations and investors.

Do you think everyone that owns stock is wealthy? What do you think a 401k is? How about a pension?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

So we (the little people) won't get taxes more.

We'll just lose our jobs or get paid less because you'll be raising taxes on our bosses and company owners.

Love your plan!

Has it ever occurred to you that government spends our money poorly?

Perhaps if they spent our money wisely, they wouldn't need to take so much.

Just a thought. . . .

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
As bad as the republican lead congress has been (and lets be honest they have been epically bad) along comes the DNC with their hold my beer moment.

I mean even if the Democrat plan was sound there is no way you can polish this turd while the economy is still doing well, it wont work except for the most ardent koolaid drinking leftists.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I am fairly certain these people aren't familiar with the $500 dollar hammers and toilet seats the government is fond of buying with our taxes. That must be some damned fine Koolaid.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

If someone can honestly argue that the government is spending our money wisely, then I'd like to see it.

If you CAN'T argue that government is spending our money wisely, then any call for tax increases is just advocating for larger government and poorer people.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I didn't care about deficits EVER. Spend, I say Spend. BUT......I do recall lots of you complaining up until very recently about deficits and debt. Obama had to cut spending every time he increased it. But now, not so much. Just wanted to point that out to so many of you. And to be honest, the reason I say spend, is because it will benefit me now, and someone else, like your kids, are going to pay for it. Call me selfish, but I'm living in the real world. If you want to do infrastructure to the tune of a couple trillion on the tab, I say, YES.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Do you think the government is spending our money wisely?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: BlueJacket

If someone can honestly argue that the government is spending our money wisely, then I'd like to see it.

If you CAN'T argue that government is spending our money wisely, then any call for tax increases is just advocating for larger government and poorer people.

As someone who is a higher federal income tax bracket, this is what pisses me off the most. While I favor low taxes, I don't mind paying taxes. The issue I have is when there is this tax, tax, tax mentality coming from the left but yet they make no effort to show that government is efficiently spending what they actually take in.

I have an issue with waste across the board, regardless if it is a conservative or a liberal sacred cow. I think our military budget / spending is absurd along with the waste in entitlements. I want it all cut back drastically.

I mean we could probably afford healthcare for all if we didn't piss so much away on everything else.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The poor spending habit of government has always been the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Edumakated

The poor spending habit of government has always been the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

The department of education employs 4400 people and has a budget of $68 billion per year. What da F? What can they possibly be doing with $68 billion a year.... especially considering half of the kids in this country can barely form a complete sentence.

Think about that... $68 billion.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We already have more than enough money to pay for infrastructure if these imbecile crooks would stop wasting/stealing it. What a joke.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join