It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems propose tax cut rollback to pay for infrastructure

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: DBCowboy

These people are stupid.

Obama already tried this and it failed.

That's why they want to do it again.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: bulwarkz

That is an interesting point, and one that I had not read before.

Only congress can appoint those funds. Notice how neither the dems or msm are disputing he is going to go ahead with the rebuilding project and all the talk of steel and manufacturing coming here. Ignore the talk of tarrifs and know this FOR SURE. Trump is telling the world right now it will all be done with American Steel and manufacturing

What Trump is trying to do is cut the GD red tape that makes counties and cities wait 10yrs for a go ahead to get stuff done.

After environmental impact studies and all that BS is done, how much money is left?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Vector99

I thought it had.

In that case we have a year before we will see how it effected us.

My paycheck has not changed.

If you haven't seen a change in your pay since the beginning of the year you may want to contact your employers HR department and ask why. You should be seeing more on your check weekly since the new tax plan was enacted.

You should check with your employer HR department to make sure payroll has updated to the new tax code. Good news is that if your company didn't change it in payroll, you probably have overpaid so far and will have a nice boost to your tax return next year.

If you own a business, you got a boost as well, because you basically pre-paid on annual taxes. Your situation is a win-win.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
the way you bring manufacturing back is with tariffs on imported goods like trump is proposing on steel and aluminum .
the car makers hauled butt years ago for cheaper labor but if cars gm and ford build out of country have a tariff on them because the use foreign steel and aluminum that may take away the benefit from cheaper labor costs which may make them open back up in country but if they do it will likely be in non union states. you don't like tariffs try exporting american rice to china.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Dem slogan for the midterms:

If you liked your 2016, you can have your 2016!

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So here's a little story about infrastructure and how important it really is.

There's a tunnel under the Hudson river that carries the P.A.T.H. Subway from Manhattan to New Jersey. It's over a century old, made of tin and sits on the bottom of the Hudson river under a thin layer of silt. It is in desperate need of replacement. New York city has made requests that the tunnels be replaced but the project known as Gateway is threatened by pres trump who has said he will veto any bill that contains the 13 billion dollars needed to replace the tunnels and a nearby bridge.
www.governing.com...

What has gotten trumps approval however is the building of a ferry dock on the Jersey Shore that will serve a seaside resort owned by Jared Kushners family.

What a surprise.

www.nytimes.com...

It's good to have someone in the family with a little clout huh?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

It is in no way “letting us have less of our money”...

Trumps tax cut was nonexistent for the average American.

So unless you are a closet billionaire.. they would not be taking any of your money.

This is off the top of my head, but didn’t those in the 75k and below get like a 1% tax break while those who made over 250k get a 30% tax cut????

I would have to look up the math, but I remember it was ridiculous..

That said I am in no way a “tax the rich” person. Imho if we cleaned up corruption and cut out all the middlemen possible, we could expand services and cut taxes..

I care about protecting and expanding the social programs, and one thing doesn’t necessarily mean the other.

It is funny the way republicans were so worried about the deficit, until trump. Now it is tax breaks for the rich and increased military/wall spending, without cutting anything..

Well he cut the epa.. that is guaranteed to be historically remembered well.

Nonexistent?

LOL!! Tell that to my (now) fatter paycheck.

I can't believe you actually believe the things you spew out.

But then again.... reality is simply elusive to some people.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

you are wrong . This small business pays healthcare and has a simple Ira that matches 3 % of the employees income . they have given out two bonuses a year for the last 20 years . The auto industry has also given out bonuses for some time now . Many of their suppliers have similar structures as the company I worked for .

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You can always go back to your previous tax rates. The treasury always takes extra money sent in.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

www.benzinga.com...

Back in 2009, former President Barack Obama made some lofty promises about the infrastructure overhaul that his $800 billion economic stimulus plan would provide. Obama used the phrase “shovel-ready projects” in reference to construction projects that could begin right away. In the end, however, only $98.3 billion of the $800 billion stimulus was dedicated to transportation and infrastructure. Of that $98.3 billion, only about $27.5 billion was actually spent on transportation infrastructure projects. Why? “The problem is that spending it out takes a long time, because there’s really nothing – there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects,” Obama said in a 2010 interview with the New York Times.

like your shovel ready project
keep your shovel ready project

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Not aware of any unions in china.

Yes, no unions
no employee standards
we should all be slaves like China....gotcha mate.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would hardly call an extra $200 in my account each month from the Trump tax cuts ($2,400 per year) a "nothing tax cut" as some on here are alluding. I don't know where some of you come from, but that is a significant increase in take home pay.

As a poster above said, if you aren't seeing anything like that in your own paycheck, you should probably talk to your employer. Because THEY are screwing you over. Not Donald Trump.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think it is better if we create more manufacturers so that more people can pay in taxes. Sometimes I wonder about those Democrats, who the hell are they working for anyway, the EU? Maybe China or Russia, somehow I think their minds have been compromised, we should take care of our own first, creating taxpayers.

We create more manufacturers....how do WE do that?

people do that, and people don't want to pay a livable wage..so they open a plant in China.

Now, don't get me wrong, manufacturing will one day return to the USA, once robots are cheap and efficient enough to fully automate their plants so they don't have to pay for chinese slave labor.

You remind me of when Obama asked if Trump had a magic wand for 3% growth.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

The tax cuts in the small town we live near are making a big difference in peoples lives.

I'm calling BS on that, I don't know anyone who has seen any benefit due to the unnecessary tax cut except corporations.

So because you personally don't know someone, or haven't witnessed the effects yourself, its all wrong/BS and you know better than everyone else. This is why the left loses.
edit on 11-3-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I think it is better if we create more manufacturers so that more people can pay in taxes. Sometimes I wonder about those Democrats, who the hell are they working for anyway, the EU? Maybe China or Russia, somehow I think their minds have been compromised, we should take care of our own first, creating taxpayers.

people do that, and people don't want to pay a livable wage..so they open a plant in China.

Now, don't get me wrong, manufacturing will one day return to the USA, once robots are cheap and efficient enough to fully automate their plants so they don't have to pay for chinese slave labor.

Did you see that Twitter about that?

Someone quoted Obama about needing a magic wand to bring jobs back.

Someone replied; Trump. . . Abracadabra mother####er.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Did you see that Twitter about that?

Someone quoted Obama about needing a magic wand to bring jobs back.

Someone replied; Trump. . . Abracadabra mother####er.

Yes I did lol

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Not aware of any unions in china.

Yes, no unions
no employee standards
we should all be slaves like China....gotcha mate.

Hmmm You should have a talk with Toyota about that. The engine plant here in town isn't union, and people seem to be happy working there. Clearly they don't know they are slaves.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
So here's a little story about infrastructure and how important it really is.

There's a tunnel under the Hudson river that carries the P.A.T.H. Subway from Manhattan to New Jersey. It's over a century old, made of tin and sits on the bottom of the Hudson river under a thin layer of silt. It is in desperate need of replacement. New York city has made requests that the tunnels be replaced but the project known as Gateway is threatened by pres trump who has said he will veto any bill that contains the 13 billion dollars needed to replace the tunnels and a nearby bridge.
www.governing.com...

What has gotten trumps approval however is the building of a ferry dock on the Jersey Shore that will serve a seaside resort owned by Jared Kushners family.

What a surprise.

www.nytimes.com...

It's good to have someone in the family with a little clout huh?

Maybe if NYC wasn't $110 billion in debt they could do it themselves instead of asking for a handout.

ETA: Excuse me, $116 billion at the end of fy 2017.
edit on 11-3-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Pointless. Oh...echo chamber points. gotcha.

Tell me, do you run a business?
Would you buy your materials that you use and sell for 1$ a pound, or 20$ a pound?
What if the 20$ a pound was made in the USA, and the other in China....I am sure you would be patriotic and buy the 20/pound of course...granted, your business would flop because your competitor did the opposite, but principles and stuff.

oh...but Trump is such a savage he is gonna make it to where its only 15$ a pound!!!

Yep...so....cant beat China unless we enact slavery and remove all regulations...and give land to the corporations...and don't tax em.

But hey, I am sure you got your own magic wand

Tariffs...oh, wow...gonna charge 20% extra for steel beams. so what they will do is just draw a smiley face on a beam and import it as art. Its symbolic

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

The average crumb has been $1.50/week. It's not even a crumb. It's also not what they were targeting, but rather targeting the part that 0.01% of the people got, which made up 99% of the tax break.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join