It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems propose tax cut rollback to pay for infrastructure

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Like ISIS, the democrat base will blindly follow and obey at dictate passed down from their leaders.

There really is no independent thought.

If it happens, it's rare and usually immediately silenced.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know. Weird, huh.

No. Quite reasonable actually. But it's not that simple.

First question; We're obviously going to pay for it with the taxes they already take.

Second question; Who's going to be in charge? Dunno. I already have a job. Put in an application if you want.

Well, you know very well the government is going to be in charge of getting it done and they are going to have to collect taxes to do it.

While you bitch about the Democrats wanting to take the "crumbs" you got in a tax break, you would also bitch at government for not ensuring the infrastructure is up to par and such.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. So unless private organizations and individuals are going to foot the bill and head the construction of our infrastructure, which we know they are not, the government must do it and we will have to pay for it.

And that also means that taxes may have to be raised from time to time.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Like ISIS, the democrat base will blindly follow and obey at dictate passed down from their leaders.

There really is no independent thought.

If it happens, it's rare and usually immediately silenced.

It's amazing how extreme and extremely absurd your's and other's rhetoric are.

Democrats like ISIS?

C'mon. You surely can come up with something more applicable and intelligent to say, rather than this stupidity?

You guys are the Right Wing equivalent of those on the Left that think Republicans are Nazis. You shouldn't be taken seriously because you are too ingrained in your own extremism to be objective.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

And that also means that taxes may have to be raised from time to time.

No.

Government should spend the money they take wisely.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: Edumakated

The poor spending habit of government has always been the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

The department of education employs 4400 people and has a budget of $68 billion per year. What da F? What can they possibly be doing with $68 billion a year.... especially considering half of the kids in this country can barely form a complete sentence.

Think about that... $68 billion.

You know that is not that much right? We have ~60,000 elementary schools in the US. If we devided that 68 billion and gave to every elementary school equally it would be a little over 1million dollars per school. Now if you add in the middle and High Schools, Colleges, Post-Secondary, Vocational, ect. You might notice how underfunded the DoE is if you try the math.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Government paying for "Education" means Government does the "Educating".

-Confucius say
😉

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Actually prices will just rise, but they have been artificially low forever..

If salaries rise by 40% and costs raise by 20%..

That is a win.

ALL ECONOMIES are based on minimum wage. It decides what the base smalles unit of labor is worth.

The guy sweeping the parking lot at Burger King is 1 unit of labor per hour.

The guy cooking fries is 1.2 units of labor per hour.

The manager is 2.4 units of labor per hour ..

And the Dr. down the street is 40.0 units of labor per hour.

The fact that minimum wage has been set too low to support JUST ONE HUMAN BEING , to get back and forth to just that job. At a 40 hour work week, has allowed the entire labor force to be underpaid.

In the late 70’s inflation and the CEO level pay compared to min wage or average pay for their entry level positions, separated..

Wages stagnated and CEO level pay skyrocketed..

It was better to pay some axe man to get it done cheaper, than to pay the people who had built your buisness with blood sweat and tears.

Then the conservative corporate stooges destroyed the unions so the employees had ZERO collective bargaining power..

We have painted ourselves into a corner and something will break.

Where the #### did you learn economics?

Absolutely none of what you just said is true and we are all dumber for having read that. I award you no points.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

That isn’t actually the democrats plan.. that is the gop propaganda about the dem plan..

But I would bet that is still cheaper for everyone.. I bet we all pay 20%+ of our taxes in health insurance..

Meaning even with a 20% hike, we all pay out less in the end.

I respectfully disagree. The GOP propaganda? Please elaborate with sources. We pay 20% to healthcare? Doubtful. A 20% hike we all pay out less in the end? Nope.

Trump cut taxes on wealthy and you say it does not create jobs, yet Apple is repatriating 280 billion dollars to invest back into America and create jobs. What you fail to understand is 39% of 0 is still 0.
Corporations will hold their profits offshore and pay no taxes before they pay 39%.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

That isn’t actually the democrats plan.. that is the gop propaganda about the dem plan..

But I would bet that is still cheaper for everyone.. I bet we all pay 20%+ of our taxes in health insurance..

Meaning even with a 20% hike, we all pay out less in the end.

I respectfully disagree. The GOP propaganda? Please elaborate with sources. We pay 20% to healthcare? Doubtful. A 20% hike we all pay out less in the end? Nope.

Trump cut taxes on wealthy and you say it does not create jobs, yet Apple is repatriating 280 billion dollars to invest back into America and create jobs. What you fail to understand is 39% of 0 is still 0.
Corporations will hold their profits offshore and pay no taxes before they pay 39%.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

you cant argue with true believers. just move on.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think it is better if we create more manufacturers so that more people can pay in taxes. Sometimes I wonder about those Democrats, who the hell are they working for anyway, the EU? Maybe China or Russia, somehow I think their minds have been compromised, we should take care of our own first, creating taxpayers.

We create more manufacturers....how do WE do that?

people do that, and people don't want to pay a livable wage..so they open a plant in China.

Now, don't get me wrong, manufacturing will one day return to the USA, once robots are cheap and efficient enough to fully automate their plants so they don't have to pay for chinese slave labor.

You create more manufacturing jobs by making it easier and cheaper to manufacture in the US which means lower taxes, less regulations, etc. Basically, you have to make it so that all the other benefits of manufacturing in the US outweigh the lower cost of the slave labor in third world countries.

For example, if a company manufacturers in the US they have a 5% tax rate vs say a 20% tax rate if they manufacture overseas.

Sure bro
You pay zero taxes in China as a manufacturer
You have almost no regulations in china...wanna dump toxic sludge in a river..go for it
Chinese workers get next to nothing in pay
Not to mention China will often give land at next to nothing for plants.

You cannot compete. All this stuff you wrote is simply bullcrap. the reality is we will not be in any real shape for manufacturing until China (and other nations like india, thailand, cambodia, etc) have no real rules and regulations for working.

But keep on with the official lines of bulls--t, hey, it gets you stars from the unwashed masses...that and 2 bucks will buy you a cup of coffee (from a coffee maker made in China)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I can accept opposing views. If he can make a case to sway my opinion I am willing to hear it out. When I hear a super-rich person arguing in favor of tax hikes, red flags start popping up and sirens are sounding. The question really becomes why they really feel that way. CEOs are often compensated with other financial instruments so why should they care so much about raising income tax?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Makes sense, let’s go back to jobs leaving the country at an exponential speed just so people can’t keep the money they earned. It’s like the Dems ride the short bus to work everyday.

They also seem to wear hockey equipment, but they aren't on any team.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

And do not forget a USA corporation cannot own 100% of a factory in China, but China corporations can own 100% of a factory in the USA. This is sliding from a tax debate to trade debate tho, so I will leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Pyle

Government paying for "Education" means Government does the "Educating".

-Confucius say
😉

Memes dont make you right.

Except the schools are run but the communities they are located in and they get additional funding from the Federal government. So ya memes dont work.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Please...

Just for the PR.. SOME small percentage of companies have ONE TIME bonuses..

The tax break was not a one tome tax break..

So they gove our a one time minuscule bonus to .001% of employees, and they get 40% off their taxes for the next decade..

Period NO BUISNESSES, buisness model is to pay their employees well..

EVERY BUISNESSES , buisness model is to make as much profit as possible..

It sounds like you care from the tome of retirement packages.. those do not exist anymore.

These corporations are not throwing away their tax cuts on giving the peasants a pay raise.. not when they are not

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think it is better if we create more manufacturers so that more people can pay in taxes. Sometimes I wonder about those Democrats, who the hell are they working for anyway, the EU? Maybe China or Russia, somehow I think their minds have been compromised, we should take care of our own first, creating taxpayers.

We create more manufacturers....how do WE do that?

people do that, and people don't want to pay a livable wage..so they open a plant in China.

Now, don't get me wrong, manufacturing will one day return to the USA, once robots are cheap and efficient enough to fully automate their plants so they don't have to pay for chinese slave labor.

Why is everything so expensive?

How? Get rid of the unions.

Like the ones that want to pay people $40hr to turn a bolt all day then claim disability and retire with full bene's etc.

Not aware of any unions in china.

I wouldn't trust the dems with the office coffee money.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

a reply to: Edumakated

The poor spending habit of government has always been the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

The department of education employs 4400 people and has a budget of $68 billion per year. What da F? What can they possibly be doing with $68 billion a year.... especially considering half of the kids in this country can barely form a complete sentence.

Think about that... $68 billion.

You know that is not that much right? We have ~60,000 elementary schools in the US. If we devided that 68 billion and gave to every elementary school equally it would be a little over 1million dollars per school. Now if you add in the middle and High Schools, Colleges, Post-Secondary, Vocational, ect. You might notice how underfunded the DoE is if you try the math.

Schools are a local service, not a federal one. Let's assume the DOE budget is $300,000 per school per year. Tell me, what does a local school get for $300,000? I'd wager if you asked any school principal if they rather $300,000 go to the DOE or if they rather have $300,000 given to their school directly, I'd venture 99% of them would say screw the DOE and take the money.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

These people are stupid.

Obama already tried this and it failed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join