It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Dems propose tax cut rollback to pay for infrastructure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
www.msn.com...

Senate Democrats on Wednesday proposed undoing some of the tax cuts in the law President Trump signed in December in order to pay for a $1 trillion infrastructure plan.
"Rather than cutting existing infrastructure projects to pay for a paltry program, we want to roll back the Republican tax giveaways to big corporations and the wealthy and invest that money instead in job-creating infrastructure," Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said at a news conference.
Democrats have been talking in recent weeks about their desire to repeal parts of the new tax law that benefit wealthy individuals and corporations if they take back control of Congress. The plan announced Wednesday provides details about what changes Democrats would make to the law.

Senate Democrats are proposing reinstating a top individual tax rate of 39.6 percent, which was lowered to 37 percent under the new law. They also say they want to increase the corporate tax rate from 21 percent under the new law to 25 percent. The corporate tax rate under the old code was 35 percent.

Apparently, democrats think that raising taxes, having us have less of our money, would increase job growth.

I've not been a big fan of republican politicians. But the democrats are openly saying that you should not have the "crumbs" that the tax break has given you.

Like I've been saying, the democrat platform for 2018 is;
Raising taxes
Banning firearms
Open borders
Censoring free speech

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I try not to have hate in my heart, I really do, but Schumer, Pelosi and the gang are a special case, much deserving of ire.

The tax cuts in the small town we live near are making a big difference in peoples lives.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think it is better if we create more manufacturers so that more people can pay in taxes. Sometimes I wonder about those Democrats, who the hell are they working for anyway, the EU? Maybe China or Russia, somehow I think their minds have been compromised, we should take care of our own first, creating taxpayers.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

oh and what ever happened to those damned shovel ready infrastructure jobs when they ran the show.
All they do is drop steamy turds on the workers of this country.
infrastructure my left foot

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I try not to have hate in my heart, I really do, but Schumer, Pelosi and the gang are a special case, much deserving of ire.

The tax cuts in the small town we live near are making a big difference in peoples lives.

Lotta supermulti-millionaires and corporations in your small town there?
edit on 10-3-2018 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think it is better if we create more manufacturers so that more people can pay in taxes. Sometimes I wonder about those Democrats, who the hell are they working for anyway, the EU? Maybe China or Russia, somehow I think their minds have been compromised, we should take care of our own first, creating taxpayers.

We create more manufacturers....how do WE do that?

people do that, and people don't want to pay a livable wage..so they open a plant in China.

Now, don't get me wrong, manufacturing will one day return to the USA, once robots are cheap and efficient enough to fully automate their plants so they don't have to pay for chinese slave labor.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The democrats are hoping that people have short memories.

Government spends our money poorly.

Republicans and democrats alike.

To demand more of our money because they spent our money so badly is the pinnacle of hubris and smacks of authoritarian, totalitarian ideologies.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Makes sense, let’s go back to jobs leaving the country at an exponential speed just so people can’t keep the money they earned. It’s like the Dems ride the short bus to work everyday.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Roughly half the country are democrats.

There is nothing stopping democrats of all economic levels to start giving more of their money to the government.

All it takes is a signed check to the Treasury Department.

If anyone is for this, I expect them to start signing over their money now.

Why wait?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So they're still on that? No fresh ideas? No review of their platform? Guess come November, it'll be neither here nor there.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Meanwhile, Trumps economy added 313000 jobs in February alone.
edit on 10-3-2018 by amicktd because: False info

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It is in no way “letting us have less of our money”...

Trumps tax cut was nonexistent for the average American.

So unless you are a closet billionaire.. they would not be taking any of your money.

This is off the top of my head, but didn’t those in the 75k and below get like a 1% tax break while those who made over 250k get a 30% tax cut????

I would have to look up the math, but I remember it was ridiculous..

That said I am in no way a “tax the rich” person. Imho if we cleaned up corruption and cut out all the middlemen possible, we could expand services and cut taxes..

I care about protecting and expanding the social programs, and one thing doesn’t necessarily mean the other.

It is funny the way republicans were so worried about the deficit, until trump. Now it is tax breaks for the rich and increased military/wall spending, without cutting anything..

Well he cut the epa.. that is guaranteed to be historically remembered well.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
DIMocrats still thinking small.

Eliminate the 2018 tax cuts.. and raise them 20% over what they were before 2018, so everyone can have free healthcare!

Be REAL Democrats for a change!

link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

What happened to the deficit and stealing from our children..

Trump has given billionaires like a 30% tax break AND expanded the military , all without cutting a thing.

link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Meanwhile, Trumps economy added 313000 jobs in February alone. Most in one month since 1983.

Where did you DREAM that? It wasn't reported by CNN.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That isn’t actually the democrats plan.. that is the gop propaganda about the dem plan..

But I would bet that is still cheaper for everyone.. I bet we all pay 20%+ of our taxes in health insurance..

Meaning even with a 20% hike, we all pay out less in the end.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

It is in no way “letting us have less of our money”...

Trumps tax cut was nonexistent for the average American.

So unless you are a closet billionaire.. they would not be taking any of your money.

This is off the top of my head, but didn’t those in the 75k and below get like a 1% tax break while those who made over 250k get a 30% tax cut????

I would have to look up the math, but I remember it was ridiculous..

That said I am in no way a “tax the rich” person. Imho if we cleaned up corruption and cut out all the middlemen possible, we could expand services and cut taxes..

I care about protecting and expanding the social programs, and one thing doesn’t necessarily mean the other.

It is funny the way republicans were so worried about the deficit, until trump. Now it is tax breaks for the rich and increased military/wall spending, without cutting anything..

Well he cut the epa.. that is guaranteed to be historically remembered well.

My paycheck and raise disagrees with your assessment. Plus you can give a tax cut if more people are participating in the job market. You have to raise taxes if your killing the job market, hence the Dems policy.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

oh and what ever happened to those damned shovel ready infrastructure jobs when they ran the show.
All they do is drop steamy turds on the workers of this country.
infrastructure my left foot

I remember that, I also remember obama laughing at the press conference that those "shovel ready" job weren't quite shove ready and that the press never pressed him on where that money went to.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
"The spending would be offset by clawing back two-thirds of the revenue lost in the Republican tax bill by reinstating a top income tax rate of 39.6 percent, restoring the individual alternative minimum tax, reversing cuts to the estate tax, and raising the corporate income tax from 21 percent to 25 percent."

How is this unreasonable? Republicans really count on their voters to be low-information. What did trump say? He loves the poorly educated? Fools.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The 2018 Campaigns are heating up and this issue from Democrats will be their biggest downfall 😎

Voters waking up in droves 😮

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join