It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Central Michigan University shooting breaks out, ALL schools in city on lockdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Jefferton
*waits for the fake news crowd"

It's awful that this keeps happening, and some people are so in denial.

Ummm...I know...it's awful so many of these drug deals...go bad...

Shame really...

YouSir

Or someone found out they were being cheated on.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
a reply to: pavil

I was not commenting on the details of the incident but the flippant disregard for human life..an indicator ( imho ) of the insensitive reaction that society has for the value of a life..or in this case two lives.
" A run of the mill " shooting....as in... not even worth a second glance, only another two kids dead in a university. Like it is just routine.....no sense in a reaction..jeez happens here all the time...why are you even shocked this is run of the mill....shooter didn't take out enough victims in one go to make the " mass killer's " hall of fame kinda deal !
Society is sick ..it's terminal.

How should we react to this then, compared to when people die in a car accident, or in the hospital, or any number of scenarios where death occurs?

If this is flippantly insensitive(and I doubt that was the intention), how are you able to function with so much death occurring all over the world every day?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Pistols make up for something like 90% of the gun deaths in America.

True words.

I don't know the solution; the NRA will whore themselves out to any political party, the second is set in stone despite it was written in a different time under different circumstances, and of course taxes-which is why cigarettes aren't banned.

Who knows the answer, all I know is no civilian should be able to purchase an assault rifle, sure issue them freely in times of war as they are developed for war-and as far as I know we are in no war.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

a reply to: notsure1

Yeah..guess you are right. Another two kids get shot to death. No biggie

Spend a weekend in Chicago..., this really isn't a 'biggie'.

Yeah, Im getting a chuckle out of the fake empathy here on the thread..

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: notsure1

Yeah..guess you are right. Another two kids get shot to death. No biggie

Not everyone is scheduled to die peacefully. It was just their time to go.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ok people. I live in Mt. Pleasant. Spring break started today, he was hospitalized for drugs last night and released this morning. His parents came to get him today and he shot them both in his dorm.

He is still at large. And probably hiding in a wooded park area I know very well.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Pistols make up for something like 90% of the gun deaths in America.

True words.

I don't know the solution; the NRA will whore themselves out to any political party, the second is set in stone despite it was written in a different time under different circumstances, and of course taxes-which is why cigarettes aren't banned.

Who knows the answer, all I know is no civilian should be able to purchase an assault rifle, sure issue them freely in times of war as they are developed for war-and as far as I know we are in no war.

So you acknowledge that “Assault style” weapons aren’t the main problem in the gun issue, acknowledge that you don’t know the solution; but still, somehow know nobody should be allowed to own a semi auto rifle?

Were also involved in about 4 wars at the moment, the American military is active throughout the globe.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Well, the news media is very selective in reporting things. In fact, people are being shot all the time.

Here's the real statistics,

www.drugwarfacts.org...

as you can see, every year about 36,252 individuals get shot with firearms.

That's a rate of, 36,252/365 = 99 individuals per day

Or, 99/24 = 4 people every hour,

Or, 1 person every 15 minutes.

Just think.

1 person gets shot every 15 minutes in America.

Why are the news media only reporting the few cases "now and then" when they could report on all these other cases if they wanted?

There's a conspiracy by the NRA to hide this information.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Well, the news media is very selective in reporting things. In fact, people are being shot all the time.

Here's the real statistics,

www.drugwarfacts.org...

as you can see, every year about 36,252 individuals get shot with firearms.

That's a rate of, 36,252/365 = 99 individuals per day

Or, 99/24 = 4 people every hour,

Or, 1 person every 15 minutes.

Just think.

1 person gets shot every 15 minutes in America.

Why are the news media only reporting the few cases "now and then" when they could report on all these other cases if they wanted?

There's a conspiracy by the NRA to hide this information.

Because the 24hr networks would be reporting a story every 15 minutes, it would practically be impossible for them to do.

Also, you know, headlines and such.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Looks like his father was an officer. Probably how the firearm in question was brought into the building.

I assume a struggle and he got a hold of his father's firearm.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil
True, once I saw black I figured it can’t be a mass shooter

Hope they catch the guy

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprimevoyager

or more likely son take this to your dorm for protection and do not tell anyone at all.

but first let me train you on how to use it

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: djz3ro

life happens and making a big fuss over every bad thing you hear will drive you mad, you say things like this yet is being a prisoner to fear worth it? will it stop human nature? eventually you have to accept that you can't let negative emotions run your life.

I can assure you I'm a very happy person and fear nothing, i don't have to worry about these things in my country either, which is a bonus...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
HUmmm, this was for Vasacrow but seems I cannot click anything including the reply or quote...

Cannot seem to be able to star your post (or others) so I will just tell you I gave your post a star...
edit on pm331pmFri, 02 Mar 2018 13:30:54 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Jefferton

It really is. Smh .....sick society when two people are shot to death...and it is just business as usual ! Seriously...wtf is a run of the mill shooting ?

Any shooting in the US because the US is one of only a few countries with something like the 2nd Amendment* and it seems 'business as usual' (for the US military industrial complex if we're literally talking business)? *: perhaps even the only one depending on how you want to interpret "something like".

Why So Many Violent Crimes Now? Awake!—2003

There is no one factor that explains all the varied acts of senseless violence.
What contributing factors move people to do such things? Let us look at several possibilities that experts have mentioned.
Easy Access to Destructive Weapons

As mentioned in the preceding article, a lone gunman in Tasmania, Australia, killed 35 people. He wounded 19 others. The man was armed with military-style semiautomatic weapons. This led many to conclude that easy access to such weapons is another factor in the rise of violent crimes.

One report shows that there were only 32 gun murders in Japan in 1995, most involving gangsters killed by other gangsters. In contrast, the United States had more than 15,000 gun murders. Why the difference? Japan’s stringent gun ownership laws have been cited by some as a reason.

edit on 2-3-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...35mph...?

What the hell am I supposed to do with my 200 plus mph motorcycle...It idles faster than that...

Sheesh...

YouSir

The meme is all about saving lives now right? Well you sell it and get a moped that gets 100 MPG, you live and save carbon tax all at the same time...its like killing 2 birds with one stone...

I'm sure we can come up with a 100 other bubble boy scenarios to SAVE LIVES DAMMIT!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You can tell who the susceptible folks are to wide spread propaganda...

It's actually quite entertaining to see people fumbling over themselves to find a 'solution' to a 'problem' that was worse in the 70's through the 90's than now!!

The advent of the internet and SOCIAL MEDIA are to blame for turning people into parroting, hive minded morons incapable of thinking for themselves. Technology has replaced traditional theology and EVERYONE'S rights are being sacrificed on the 'knee jerk ' alter.

ANY shooting now will and can be used to whip up the 'drones' into a frenzy to call for more action...more rights infringement.

These folks....These drones are despicable and don't deserve this republic.

I hope their worst nightmares become real as they foam at the mouth to give it all away to their masters for simple security.

Cowards.

edit on E31America/ChicagoFri, 02 Mar 2018 13:57:17 -06003pmFridaynd01pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Correct.
All rifle types combined kill fewer people than shotguns in murders in the US.
Pistols are used in murders 20X more than shotguns.

But they are pushing the 'assault rifle' thing.
Why?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprimevoyager

Thank you!

Keep us updated.
Please

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Saw this earlier on my local news .. said 2 shot. sounds like a run of the mill shooting. not a mass shooter.

Run. Of. The. Mill. Shooting.

Unbelievable.

35 gun related homicides in the US every day.

I can only compare to denmark where guns are banned.
We had a total of 54 deaths from shootings across all of last year. That's 0,0009 % of the population.

US percentage is 0,004% or almost four times as high when compared in percentage of population.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join