It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Central Michigan University shooting breaks out, ALL schools in city on lockdown

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprimevoyager
Still haven't found him. It's bussiness as usual on the main drag through town. Helo is still ciricling the park areas.

My theory is he offed himself somewhere in the wooded area in the park.

Ill keep you people posted.
I don't buy that at all. The flir systems on the heli's would have got him very early on. Nope I think he is holed up with a friend or he has done a home invasion w/hostages. Like I mentioned before.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Disenchanted1

You don't buy my hearsay, that's fair.

However your opinion based on your own thoughts is valid? Makes sense.

Just sharing information I heard from friends of the suspect.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disenchanted1

Still haven't found him. It's bussiness as usual on the main drag through town. Helo is still ciricling the park areas.

I don't buy that at all. The flir systems on the heli's would have got him very early on. Nope I think he is holed up with a friend or he has done a home invasion w/hostages. Like I mentioned before.
I have been going to those woods for over 20 years. Plenty of places next to the river to duck out from FLIR.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My info was wrong.

Central Michigan University police "had contact" with Davis Thursday night, and he was taken to the MidMichigan Medical Center in Mount Pleasant and released Friday morning, according to Lt. Larry Klaus of the CMU Police Department.

www.lansingstatejournal.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You don't buy my hearsay, that's fair.

However your opinion based on your own thoughts is valid? Makes sense.

Just sharing information I heard from friends of the suspect.
Well from being from the actual area I didn't want to say from what I heard from my actual sources. But let's go then. I heard the father did indeed have a empty shoulder holster and they cannot find the weapon. So the son is carrying. But do carry on.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I have been going to those woods for over 20 years. Plenty of places next to the river to duck out from FLIR.
Whatever floats your goat. My opinion, your opinion right? Yea what i thought. You just say anything to just be mr right huh? Sorry but flir can detect most hide aways. Never knew a cave system was in MT Pleasant?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Why are you not addressing any of my content?

The guy shot his parents....clearly he his carrying. WTF are you even on about?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Well you was the one who answered my "validity" with a question mark. Him taking his own life and not being found yet is absurd. (with flir) the other poster wanting to argue with me about it is stupid too. It makes sense that he is holed down whether by force or by harboring. And you did not even acknowledge that? NO the guy offed himself in the woods. Like I said before, I don't even buy that.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You know shootings happen all the time on this planet. What is so unbelievable?

We never heard of mass school shootings until Columbine. That's unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yea, I don't know what you're responding to but I didn't claim either way any of that.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Well you was the one who answered my "validity" with a question mark. Him taking his own life and not being found yet is absurd. (with flir) the other poster wanting to argue with me about it is stupid too. It makes sense that he is holed down whether by force or by harboring. And you did not even acknowledge that? NO the guy offed himself in the woods. Like I said before, I don't even buy that.

Wow. You must be having a boring day. I wasn't arguing. I made a statement. Take it however you want.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Wow. You must be having a boring day. I wasn't arguing. I made a statement. Take it however you want.
Ok I apologize.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Yea, I don't know what you're responding to but I didn't claim either way any of that.

Sorry my bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

The US is huge geographically and highly diverse compared to Denmark.

Most places in the US are quite safe. However, there are pockets that skew the whole.

It doesn't make it less of a problem. But if we are to fix the problem, we need to understand it. Applying a blanket to 320+ million people doesn't help.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: flice

The US is huge geographically and highly diverse compared to Denmark.

Most places in the US are quite safe. However, there are pockets that skew the whole.

It doesn't make it less of a problem. But if we are to fix the problem, we need to understand it. Applying a blanket to 320+ million people doesn't help.

Which is one reason Hillary lost the election. She applied the blanket statement the (to her) applied to everyone. The problem was, she didn't know how everyone lived. She didn't visit the midwest, the vase open spaces, where life is not the same as the metropolitan areas. The cities do not reflect the country. It is the same failure we are seeing here. An attempt to apply a city-like solution to a rural open space country.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
They kill that prick yet?

Hopefully with his hands up.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Ok people. I live in Mt. Pleasant. Spring break started today, he was hospitalized for drugs last night and released this morning. His parents came to get him today and he shot them both in his dorm.

He is still at large. And probably hiding in a wooded park area I know very well.

So, ok. There's nothing wrong with this shooting. It fits with the American Standard for action with a gun.

See? The shooter was just doing exactly what every American buys his gun for, and why the NRA insists everybody should have the right to keep and bear arms.

His parents are his "government", they make the rules of the household, just like the government of the people.

The parents (government) came to "impose" their rules on the guy (citizen), and he protected his rights against the tyrants (parents), by employing the weapon of choice (arms) to defend himself, against the "unjust" government (parents).

That's exactly why Americans insist on the right to bear arms. To protect themselves "against the government".

So, I see nothing wrong here, folks.

We should all be praising the guy, for standing up to those tyrants.

I hope you are not serious.

I have no idea if you are or not. I hope you are not.

Edit- checked your posts. You are serious.

edit on 2018-03-02T23:17:01-06:002201802America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Still not found/caught.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I'm of the belief that the rural vs. urban dynamic is at the heart of the issue.

As an example, my life here is quite different than the life of someone in, say, Atlanta. It has been 2 days since my wife and I saw another human being. My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. There are maybe 100 vehicles a day that travel the road I live on, the vast majority being those who live on it. The last crime I had on my place was about 35 years ago, and the last time I saw them, they were heading the other way screaming. That's the typical response when two rednecks step outside with large, powerful guns. We never had to fire a shot.

Now, there is help available should we need it. The nearest small town has a great EMT service; they can be here in 5 minutes if they're not on another call. The ambulance will take 15 minutes minimum, no matter what. Police will take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. They rarely patrol the road I live on, and only respond to calls. I have fiberoptic Internet, good cellphone coverage, a dependable land line, and dependable electricity. I also have access to a municipal water supply, although I prefer the well.

Out here, trying to live without some form of firearm is akin to Russian Roulette. I don't know of a single house that doesn't have at least one gun; most people have a few; a few people have several. They are needed to kill predators after my critters (I have chickens and turkeys atm, have had goats, sheep, ducks, and rabbits here) or us (that includes rabid animals), to hunt, and of course to make sure there is no crime here. I am fond of saying, thieves are like wild dogs; shoot one and the rest will leave. That philosophy apparently works.

By contrast, in any decently sized city, there are people everywhere, at all hours of the day and night, and unlike here, most people do not know each other. There are few animals except for pests and pets. Help is available in terms of a few minutes... it can take longer to call and get the message out to come than to get to one's house. Police presence is regular. One can typically walk to a store for supplies. And because of this, the emphasis is on crime and regulations to force lifestyles into a community standard more than it is here.

Some folks like the city. That's fine; I don't. I prefer the country, mainly because I consider most people to have less morality toward others than the typical rattlesnake. I know what a rattlesnake wants when I come across one; I rarely know ahead of time what a human is thinking.

But the point is, it takes a different set of laws and regulations to live in an urban environment than it does out there. Out here, restricting firearms is restricting the ability to survive. In the city, it is an aid to ensure less violence. Out here, pollution and building regulations are unwanted and unneeded; in the city, they are absolutely essential. That is the reason Federal regulations must be kept to a minimum. Atlanta can pass regulations that apply to Atlanta without affecting others, but once one gets past the municipal level, those regulations begin to have unwanted consequences to those who didn't need them in the first place.

Gun control is a perfect example. A Federal law designed to promote less violence in Atlanta would have the opposite effect here... wild boar are not exactly known for their ambivalence towards humans. The number of deaths and injuries due to wildlife encounters would skyrocket in my area if there were no guns. Denmark contains very little truly rural area, and so regulations geared toward the average person are somewhat applicable to everyone. America is simply not like that. Some of us depend on guns for our very existence in an uncivilized area.

I find it telling that citizens from these countries are often fond of pointing out how civilized and compassionate they are, and yet they cannot take the time to try and understand how others' lifestyles might by necessity be different than their own. In many ways, they are more savage in this regard than Americans.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I totally understand that dichotomy. My wife's family lives in a very rural area in the mountains. It takes us 5hr to drive there. They have satellite TV/Internet, land line phone (no cell service there at all yet), and heat with a pellet stove only. Moose tend to graze in their front yard. To keep up on whats going on in town (a 20 minute drive away) she has a police scanner. Up there, many of these regulations would devastate the lives of the population. There was one major shooting in the 20 years or so I've known them. A state police officer was shot and killed making a traffic stop on a couple that were smuggling drugs (just passing through the area because it was "low profile".

This is why a state needs to maintain the ability to establish their own regulations that better fit their population and lifestyles. Blanket federal rulings rarely if ever fit everyone everywhere, and almost always cause more problems than they attempt to solve. Just about every home has at least one rifle for hunting, and at least one handgun for protection while out in the woods.

People that have never traveled outside of their own urban centers cannot imagine what life is like there, and sure as heck cannot decide laws for them either. And we are the heartless and insensitive ones?

SMH

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join