It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65 shots in 15 seconds: video shows chaotic San Francisco police shootout

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
WOW.

Has there been any repercussions?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thank you for adding that video it makes things alot clearer. It would appear the article I read earlier was incorrect, the hostages were out, why they didn't move them further from the RV I don't know. What a complete cluster F. If they would have started off with a negotiator things could have possibly went alot different.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

lol @4:08
Get more ammo!
edit on 1-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

lol, I know right. What was the plan keep shooting and reloading until somebody was dead. They also should have called the hostages to them and then immediately repositioned to the drivers rear area of the RV so the only thing in the crossfire would be the building next to the RV. Instead of open roads and civilians further down range.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Questions

The cops have two options

Shoot or don’t shoot

If the cops don’t shoot, the guy in the RV will still be able to shoot. The guy in the RV has already killed at least 2 people. Would the guy in the RV shoot at the cops or anyone that comes to see what the camotion is. I have heard stories of parents bringing little kids out and about after hearing gun fire(don’t worry, the kids didn’t have school the next day)

If the cops did nothing, how much would you complain that the cops did nothing? Especially if some one got shot, especially if it was a kid. Some action had to be take

The next question is:

How many shots should the cops fire into an RV?

Would you do a couple and try to walk into the RV after a couple of shots?
Or
Would you empty your clip?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
65 shots from the cops and nobody was even hit. They didn't even see the person they were shooting at in the first place. I don't have much experience with guns but even I know one of the big no-nos is unloading a gun at something you can't even see.
This seemed extremely unprofessional. All they had to do was take cover and wait for an entry team to arrive and go into the RV. The guy inside was trapped with nowhere to go.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Generally, I would think one would fire only when they have an actual visual target. If anyone, or a few of them, had an actual "target" I'd think that target would have sustained several hits.

It's like "hearing gunfire" but not seeing a target. Might as well just start shooting at something so as not to just sit there. That might work in a war, but in a congested area it sounds alittle foolish to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Beat me too it.

"Shots fired, Shots fired...Return fire..."

"At what"

"Anything, just fire damnit"

Is this an 80's action movie?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

They were completely justified in returning fire.
But there was alot they could have different. The first thing that comes to mind is SWAT, and they would have tried to talk him out first. After the first barrage of bullets they should have taken cover if the were truly in need of more ammo. They also should have been positioned on the drivers rear on the the not the passengers rear. I think what alot of people here are saying is there is alot that could have been done differently, but returning fire is NOT one of them.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This mentality is

Coming soon to a classroom near you

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That's an unbelievable video. Pure chaos. Looks like amateurs, doesn't it? Maybe SF doesn't have enough violent crime to keep the cops in tip-top shape.

Since no else brought it up...

BAN RV's!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
In some circumstances, drawing a weapon is taken very seriously. So seriously that some warriors are not allowed to sheath their weapon until they have used it to draw blood. Usually the intent is to wet the blade with the blood of one's enemies, but if none are available, the warrior may substitute his own blood to honor the letter of the rule. In such cases, the warrior will usually cut his hand with the blade.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Did not know that, I'm assuming you are referring to the samurai. Learn something new everyday.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
let me guess, "not my responsibility" as well??

the only people we need to fricken disarm in this country are the highly untrained police departments who are only capable of busting weed dealers

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
let me guess, "not my responsibility" as well??

the only people we need to fricken disarm in this country are the highly untrained police departments who are only capable of busting weed dealers

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The biggest fail i seen in the video was the lack of thought before tackling the situation.

By the time the confirmed to themselves that suspect was their and no immediate danger they never took a breath before they started blasting with demands and guns.

They should have gathered themselves before the legal attempted murder and possibly entertained different scenarios in this specific case.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

What say I?

Its hilarious! San Francisco is one of those places in the US where, in the case of a shoot-out between the cops and the bad guys, the cops losing is a win for those of us in fly-over country!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
SFPD is dirty dirty. I thought I was being jumped one night until I saw a badge swinging from the chain one of them was wearing. In the city there's codes for certain cars they drive, all named after the color of the ghosts in pac-man.

The grey ghost is homicide (if I remember correctly) the blue is narcotics, and I forget the rest. Walking down the street you'd hear people yelling out "Blue ghost! Blue ghost! Gray ghost!" or whatever squad cars were rolling through the neighborhood at the time. It's been a few years since I lived in the tenderloin.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What a cluster.

Instead of clearing the area and establishing a perimeter. They just return fire, into an rv, that they can't see into.

Not the sharpest tools in the shed.

But, I guess, it's not to be un expected.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

As much as it's a CF once the shooting starts,pretty sure they would have, used tear gas,smoke or a flash bang grenade given the chance. Once the guy started shooting complete lack of discipline on most of the return fire. Not mention the letting the released hostages remain directly on scene. Think Barney Fife and Gomer could have handled this better

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join