It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Flat Earth and the Hollow Earth

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

There are hundreds.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo
Ok - I found some images.
Why is it that those images of Earth taken from the moon appear to be much bigger than the images of the Earth taken from halfway to the moon?
edit on 14-4-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

why is this exchange progessing so predictably ???

claim one : there are no pics of < xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >

rebutal : yes there are

claim two : ok there are - but ...............................

this is called moving teh goal posts

but to answer you :

1 - focal length [ different cameras and lenses ]

2 - some published pics are cropped // resized [ please indicate which versions you are reviewing ]

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Ok - I found some images.
Why is it that those images of Earth taken from the moon appear to be much bigger than the images of the Earth taken from halfway to the moon?

The usual complaint is that it is too small

The reality is that it entirely depends on the lens used, as well as whatever artistic licence has been taken with the image.

This image, for example, is from 1966 and is a commonly used one:

When the full image is viewed, it looks like this:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Flat as the sea is level. How do folks in Australia not realize they are upside down in a ball? What is that theory? a reply to: Hyperboles

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

So if a photo is taken halfway to the moon wouldn't it have filled the entire window? It isn't as if they can move far away from the window to take the shot - they supposedly put the camera at the window.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
It is a very simple thing to resolve -

A flight can either directly fly across Antarctica, over the South Pole, and reach the opposite hemisphere .... or it cannot.

They don't even let people explore Antarctica, while having no rights to it.

Antarctica is so harsh, no human can survive there, without any stable source of food, if any at all, and the most treacherous environment on Earth, in sheer desolation!

And when the most powerful nations in the world have all said they agree on something? That is either a miracle event, or not so much...

Agreements like this don't wash. It's very expensive, little value, in return, except for one thing....what we would find by exploring it any further.

Who buys that crap about protecting the environment??!!? That's a joke!

Nobody will ever fly right across Antarctica , ever.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Again, it entirely depends on the lens used.

This photograph:

was taken before this one:

on the way to the moon.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

How do you know that one was taken before the other? How much time was between the two shots?
Have you a link for the images/information you have posted?

In this clip (from NASA) the Moon Transiting the Earth - the Earth appears to be much bigger than the images that you have posted. Imagine yourself halfway between the moon and earth (using the image in the above link) taking a shot of the earth - wouldn't the image of the earth fill the entire shot - or at least have hardly any outer space around it?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MingBisho
Flat as the sea is level. How do folks in Australia not realize they are upside down in a ball? What is that theory? a reply to: Hyperboles

Earth is a gigantic ball, which sticks all objects to it, around the ball. It also holds oceans, which curve around the ball, and holds an entire atmosphere in place. And it spins everything, at 1000 mph, too!

While Earth holds all objects to it's surface, and holds the atmosphere in place, it doesn't hold birds to the surface, or within air. It moves the entire atmosphere, where birds fly anywhere they choose.

Nothing at all crazy, here!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Firstly, the order they appear in the magazine. Secondly, the Earth has rotated slightly in the later image.

The photographs are given here:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Each image there should tell you the lens and focal length used.

There is probably about 15 to 20 minutes between the two shots, but there are later ones in the magazine that show Earth still larger than the earlier photo despite being taken some hours later.

My own site describes the timings, which are based on the transcript record and what can be reconstructed in astronomy software:

onebigmonkey.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Firstly, the order they appear in the magazine. Secondly, the Earth has rotated slightly in the later image.

To me they look like the same image except one is bigger - I cannot see any proof that the earth is slightly rotated.
Do you have any comment on the image of the Earth behind the moon in the link/youtube clip I posted?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

To me they look like the same image except one is bigger - I cannot see any proof that the earth is slightly rotated.

You need to look at the edges;

The one above shows three images taken a few hours apart, with the one at the left the latest. The other two are the ones I posted earlier.

Do you have any comment on the image of the Earth behind the moon in the link/youtube clip I posted?

You need to read the my page, where i prove claims of fakery to be false.

The images in that video shows a hurricane that only existed in the formation shown on the day of broadcast. That broadcast was featured on the next day's newspaper front pages. I have a dated copy of it myself. There is clear rotation of the Earth in the different broadcasts shown.
edit on 14/4/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: parsing

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Look, you can sh*t all over the flat earth all you want.

But, Dont EVER take my hollow earth from me!

I like the way you think

I recently came across this quote

Why is there no Flat Mars Society!? - Elon Musk in reply to the Flat Earth Society.
edit on 14-4-2018 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I don't think that answers my question.

In this clip (from NASA) the Moon Transiting the Earth - the Earth appears to be much bigger than the images that you have posted. Imagine yourself halfway between the moon and earth (using the image in the above link) taking a shot of the earth - wouldn't the image of the earth fill the entire shot - or at least have hardly any outer space around it?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

my apologies, i missed the youtibe video in that link and assumed you were referring to the one on the previous page.

it is all a matter of perspective. This two images were both done in astronomy software showing earth and moon from varying distances:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
...and here's another one I just made (in Celestia) just to demonstrate the importance of distance:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
If you looked at a round Earth from space, like Apollo 11 shows 'halfway' to the moon, through a powerful telescope, that could show people on Earth.....

First of all, that video was not released "by mistake" as the narrator says. It has been part of the official public record for Apollo 11 for a long time. Implying that this was some sort of secret not-to-be-seen-by-the-public footage is disingenuous and intentionally misleading.

Anyway, there are several other things that the narration gets wrong (more than I can put in a post that isn't tl;dr) but one example is what she says at about the 6:27 mark about an astronaut's arm getting in the way. That wasn't ab arm, but the edge of the window (and no -- they were not always filming with the camera lens up against the glass; sometimes they pulled a few inches back from the window).

The people that a pushing that "it was in low Earth orbit but seen through a small window" lie also don't see to want to show you the rest of that footage, which is not surprising because it does not agree with their lie and the agenda of the people claiming it was a hoax. They edit and cherry pick just the parts that support their stories, but ignore the parts that show that the earth was small and far away, like we can see in this other similar video below.

In this other video showing other portions of that footage, starting at about the 6:00 mark and again at the 7:15 mark, we can see the entire earth looking small and far away, and we can also see the edge of the window:
Now, why didn't the people pushing the agenda that "the moon landing was a hoax!" include this part of the film in their video?

How big does it look from Earth?
Now look at the size of the Earth images from halfway to the moon - the Earth appears to be very small.
Why were no images taken of the Earth from the moon?

Depending of the focal length of the camera (whether the image is "zoomed" or a telephoto lens is used), objects could look larger or smaller, as seen in the video you posted where they zoomed in and out.

You can also see this on Earth of (for examles) pitures taken of the Moon. The moon looks large and more magnified in some images as opposed to others -- and that's due to the focal length of the camera lens used.

Why were no images taken of the Earth from the moon?

Image AS17-134-20387 [60 mm lens]

Image AS08-14-2383 [250 mm lens]

edit on 14/4/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You need to look at the edges;

The one above shows three images taken a few hours apart, with the one at the left the latest. The other two are the ones I posted earlier.

You need to read the my page, where i prove claims of fakery to be false.

The images in that video shows a hurricane that only existed in the formation shown on the day of broadcast. That broadcast was featured on the next day's newspaper front pages. I have a dated copy of it myself. There is clear rotation of the Earth in the different broadcasts shown.

It might look to you, and others, as actual images of Earth.

But Earth is a professionally airbrushed fantasy, without a doubt.

What gives it away?

Even Da Vinci couldn't paint a subject, without a clear indication of it being painted!

And your 'Earth' isn't exactly akin to a 'Da Vinci' masterpiece, that's obvious!

Airbrushing, done properly, by experts, can be a very convincing form of art.

It appears real, at first glance. It can even fool people who look at it many times. Mainly, because it is partly real, partly airbrushed, which gives it more 'realism'.

It takes more study to detect the artwork, but it's almost always found...

One technique of airbrushing is sweeping lines. And numerous examples of this can be found within your 'Earth' scenes.

When you compare the real images of the moon, to painted moons, you'll get the point here

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Your 'sweeping lines' are what educated people call 'clouds'.

You can't airbrush a live TV broadcast, and there are live TV broadcasts to accompany those images.

Your emperor's new clothes tactics don't wash here.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join