It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid of Khufu

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Byrd, are you angling, pardon the pun, for some kind of disinfo prize. Stanley Rader was the Sec'ty of the Armstrong World Wide Church of God. It was his screenplay, which ICM had in their possession. Cohn was an MIT researcher who got equal credit. Stanley claimed that the real story of Raiders only started half way through that Flic. He lost in Court, due to his own intransigence. So be it.

The ruins of Sheba's Temple are still there on the west bank of the Nile, in Egypt. And surprise, it's a knock off of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem. But Solomon's Holy of Holies, was a knockoff of the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid.

I'm taking Budge's anthology at his word, which also was taught in my archeology class at WSU. My question is; are you trying to inject some Masonic Cr@#$p; into this discussion?? FWIW, Prof. Feckrey Hassan, now curator of the Flinders Petrie museum in London, told me way back in the eighties, at WSU, that Heliopolis disappeared under the modern expansion of Cairo. But last year a couple of broken statues associated with that temple were found, just like he predicted, in a sewer trench, being dug out. So Egyptologists are presently zeroing in on that lost temple.

And I'm sure that some of them still think that the stone box of this tale, is still hidden there. I'm just taking the Exodus, and the Sheban copy of the Ark, authorized by Solomon, to point to the desert west of the Nile, as it's present location, in some subterranean crypt. And like I noted, in the original Egyptian language, there may be a clue to where this crypt is.

The late Prof. Grover Krantz introduced me to Feckrey, saying that while he taught Egyptology, Feckrey lived it. So the curtain may be about to go up. If they come up dry at Heliopolis, then where else will anyone find a clue to the whereabouts of Dehdi's stone box?? And those Shebans stayed at that West Nile temple for two Centuries, so it may have taken them that long to energize a copy of the Ark. But then they all folded their tents and trekked back to their homeland. OTOH, Pharaonic funerary cult temples also lasted for the same two centuries.

After five succeeding generations, in a kind of six degrees of separation, limited to a single family tree, the scion is really only one more common man. The Bible related this with a General usurping a King of Israel, and reigning for five generations, before the Royals restored their Kingship. Nostradamus predicted that after five generations a scion would arise from their French Royalty. Interpreters of his book, call this out, as a new Restutor Obit, but in fact he may be just another guy, living at the end of the 200 year cycle of Republics.

Dehdi had to have seen some vision or other to make his prophecy. It's possible that Nostradamus tapped into those same visions. But hopefully the box will continue to sleep, along with Khufu's mummy, for many more millenniums. I have a bad feeling that since Feckrey lived and worked on the Palouse, as an Ass't Professor at WSU, he could fill the bill to be the one to dig up that stone box. His career has taken him, first to the Dallas Fort Worth, display of Ramses sarcophagus, then to London, and the Flinder's museum, from where he stages yearly digs back in Egypt. But he started out in Egypt, so he may not fit Dehdi's prophecy.

edit on 16-3-2018 by carpooler because: Feckrey's round trip

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler

Byrd, are you angling, pardon the pun, for some kind of disinfo prize.

I linked to the story about the lawsuit. Rader himself says that he didn't write it. He was the lawyer.

Do you have a link that says otherwise?

The ruins of Sheba's Temple are still there on the west bank of the Nile, in Egypt. And surprise, it's a knock off of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem. But Solomon's Holy of Holies, was a knockoff of the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid.

Which Nile temple is this?

I'm taking Budge's anthology at his word, which also was taught in my archeology class at WSU. My question is; are you trying to inject some Masonic Cr@#$p; into this discussion??

Here is a link to Budge's translation (book) of the Westcar Papyrus - you can read it and see for yourself that I have reported correctly what Budge said.

FWIW, Prof. Feckrey Hassan, now curator of the Flinders Petrie museum in London, told me way back in the eighties, at WSU, that Heliopolis disappeared under the modern expansion of Cairo. But last year a couple of broken statues associated with that temple were found, just like he predicted, in a sewer trench, being dug out. So Egyptologists are presently zeroing in on that lost temple.

Those were statues of Ramesses the Great. Had his name on them.

The late Prof. Grover Krantz introduced me to Feckrey, saying that while he taught Egyptology, Feckrey lived it. So the curtain may be about to go up. If they come up dry at Heliopolis, then where else will anyone find a clue to the whereabouts of Dehdi's stone box?? And those Shebans stayed at that West Nile temple for two Centuries, so it may have taken them that long to energize a copy of the Ark. But then they all folded their tents and trekked back to their homeland. OTOH, Pharaonic funerary cult temples also lasted for the same two centuries.

I think your timeline is a bit confused. Moses lived over a thousand years after Khufu, and funerary cult temples for the pharaohs were active for well over 2,000 years (Hatshepsut, Ramesses, etc all had them and there are even some in Nubia for the Nubian pharaohs.)

Dehdi had to have seen some vision or other to make his prophecy. It's possible that Nostradamus tapped into those same visions. But hopefully the box will continue to sleep, along with Khufu's mummy, for many more millenniums. I have a bad feeling that since Feckrey lived and worked on the Palouse, as an Ass't Professor at WSU, he could fill the bill to be the one to dig up that stone box. His career has taken him, first to the Dallas Fort Worth, display of Ramses sarcophagus, then to London, and the Flinder's museum, from where he stages yearly digs back in Egypt. But he started out in Egypt, so he may not fit Dehdi's prophecy.

Budge translates the name as "Teta" and that section doesn't include a prophecy. Here's what Budge wrote:

King Khufu then said to Teta, "Is it true what they say that thou knowest the numbers of the Apet chambers (?) of the shrine (?) of Thoth?"
Teta replied, "No. I do not know their number, O king my lord, but I do know the place where they are to be found."
His Majesty asked, "Where is that?"
Teta replied, "There is a box made of flint in a house called Sapti in Heliopolis."
The king asked, "Who will bring me this box?"
Teta replied, "Behold, O king my lord, I shall not bring the box to thee."
His Majesty asked, "Who then shall bring it to me?"
Teta answered, "The oldest of the three children of Rut-tetet shall bring it unto thee."
His Majesty said, "It is my will that thou shalt tell me who this Rut-tetet is."
Teta answered, "This Rut-tetet is the wife of a priest of Rā of Sakhabu,who is about to give birth to three children of Rā. He told her that these children should attain to the highest dignities in the whole country, and that the oldest of them should become high priest of Heliopolis.

source

Khufu says then that he wants to go visit the temple and the children and Teta says he can magically make the canals navigable for Khufu's boat. And Khufu rewards him for that.

...as you can see in Budge's translation that I linked right there.

So there wasn't a vision that's mentioned and the box was to be delivered to Khufu himself by a son of Rut-tetet.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Byrd, are you angling, pardon the pun, for some kind of disinfo prize.

I linked to the story about the lawsuit. Rader himself says that he didn't write it. He was the lawyer.

Do you have a link that says otherwise?

Which Nile temple is this?

I'm taking Budge's anthology at his word, which also was taught in my archeology class at WSU. My question is; are you trying to inject some Masonic Cr@#$p; into this discussion??

Here is a link to Budge's translation (book) of the Westcar Papyrus - you can read it and see for yourself that I have reported correctly what Budge said.

FWIW, Prof. Feckrey Hassan, now curator of the Flinders Petrie museum in London, told me way back in the eighties, at WSU, that Heliopolis disappeared under the modern expansion of Cairo. But last year a couple of broken statues associated with that temple were found, just like he predicted, in a sewer trench, being dug out. So Egyptologists are presently zeroing in on that lost temple.

Those were statues of Ramesses the Great. Had his name on them.

I think your timeline is a bit confused. Moses lived over a thousand years after Khufu, and funerary cult temples for the pharaohs were active for well over 2,000 years (Hatshepsut, Ramesses, etc all had them and there are even some in Nubia for the Nubian pharaohs.)

Budge translates the name as "Teta" and that section doesn't include a prophecy. Here's what Budge wrote:

King Khufu then said to Teta, "Is it true what they say that thou knowest the numbers of the Apet chambers (?) of the shrine (?) of Thoth?"
Teta replied, "No. I do not know their number, O king my lord, but I do know the place where they are to be found."
His Majesty asked, "Where is that?"
Teta replied, "There is a box made of flint in a house called Sapti in Heliopolis."
The king asked, "Who will bring me this box?"
Teta replied, "Behold, O king my lord, I shall not bring the box to thee."
His Majesty asked, "Who then shall bring it to me?"
Teta answered, "The oldest of the three children of Rut-tetet shall bring it unto thee."
His Majesty said, "It is my will that thou shalt tell me who this Rut-tetet is."
Teta answered, "This Rut-tetet is the wife of a priest of Rā of Sakhabu,who is about to give birth to three children of Rā. He told her that these children should attain to the highest dignities in the whole country, and that the oldest of them should become high priest of Heliopolis.

source

Khufu says then that he wants to go visit the temple and the children and Teta says he can magically make the canals navigable for Khufu's boat. And Khufu rewards him for that.

...as you can see in Budge's translation that I linked right there.

So there wasn't a vision that's mentioned and the box was to be delivered to Khufu himself by a son of Rut-tetet.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
O.K. I'll go get my copy of Budge and check this out. This is the version of the "Holy Grail" mystery which posits that the Whetstone Box was brought to Earth, by the neutral angels in the ancient war in Heaven between God and Lucifer. I liked my version, both from WSU's Archeology class, where Dehdi cuts off the dog's head and then brings it back to life, at Court, in front of Pharaoh. That Stele may not have been erected until the box was removed across the Nile River to it's present resting place. But Khufu commissioned it, and paid for it.

But legends abound, and over many Centuries, there were many different Arks carried by different bands of Israelites. As for that 1981 Lawsuit, it's recorded in the N.Y. Times Reader Help Indexes, on IIRC, July 18th, 1981. It's listed under "Hollywood, lawsuits and litigation".
edit on 19-3-2018 by carpooler because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

A $210 million lawsuit was filed today in Superior Court against George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Paramount Pictures and other makers of ''Raiders of the Lost Ark,'' the blockbuster summer adventure movie that has grossed nearly $50 million.
Filed by Stanley Rader, former treasurer of the controversial California-based Worldwide Church of God, and Robert L. Kuhn, the suit alleges that ''Raiders of the Lost Ark'' was taken from ''Ark,'' a screenplay and unpublished novel about the powers of the Ark of the Covenant written by Mr. Kuhn, a theologian and biochemist.

Source:NYTimes
Harte

edit on 3/20/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I don't think a filing, and courtroom litigating are one and the same. The damaged party "FILES" the tort. Rader screwed himself and his partner Kuhn, on the witness stand, by insisting that his novel was Biblical Prophecy. You cannot copyright history, past or future. So that judge, rightfully, threw his case out of court. All those two clowns needed to do was testify that his manuscript/screenplay was a fictional possibility of what might happen. Historical fiction, past, present, or future is certainly copyrightable. BTW, in the movie, Thailand, instead of 1930's Siam is shown on the map, as the Pan Am Clipper floatplane flies over the Pacific. This is the biggest giveaway, that this script was purloined. Rader's novel is set just before the Millennium.

Now we know for sure that it was, whole cloth, fiction.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My source book on Budge is BullFinch's Mythology, an anthology of several classics. Moroso, Fekrey Hassan is his Euro name. Hassan Fekrey would be the way to write it in Egyptian. Flinders Petrie's Egyptian labor chief was named Fekrey. That would be how the old Brit wrote the name of a local Egyptian employee. Then or now, Fekrey's Da Man! Fekrey Hassan now holds the Flinders Petrie Chair of Egyptology, at City College, London.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I don't think a filing, and courtroom litigating are one and the same. The damaged party "FILES" the tort. Rader screwed himself and his partner Kuhn, on the witness stand, by insisting that his novel was Biblical Prophecy. You cannot copyright history, past or future. So that judge, rightfully, threw his case out of court. All those two clowns needed to do was testify that his manuscript/screenplay was a fictional possibility of what might happen. Historical fiction, past, present, or future is certainly copyrightable. BTW, in the movie, Thailand, instead of 1930's Siam is shown on the map, as the Pan Am Clipper floatplane flies over the Pacific. This is the biggest giveaway, that this script was purloined. Rader's novel is set just before the Millennium.

Now we know for sure that it was, whole cloth, fiction.

Rader was a lawyer and a legal accountant. My impression is that he was representing himself and Khun because they were involved in making a movie themselves.

Harte

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You should probably go and read the original N.Y. Times article. Rader et al. did a screen play first. They then presented it to I.C.M. But they were told to go back and write a novel, in order to drum up some interest. Before they could get that novel published, ICM et al came out with their Movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark. So, since Rader had already given them his screen play, on paper, he sued for damages. He had copyrighted his screenplay, and probably was copyrighting his novel too.

Rader's lawyers argued that the Movie has a false front, where Jones is introduced in South America. Only in later scenes does Rader's screen play get stolen. So far, so good. But Rader and Kuhn can't copyright history or a historical prophecy. If they had simply plead that they did a historical fiction, ( future?? ), they would have cleaned up on half of Hollywood.

The Siam to Thailand hiccup would have sunk I.C.M. I.C.M. moved the script back in time from the late 80's to the mid 30's, of the Twentieth Century. Think of this as moving "Gone With the Wind", back fifty years in the old South, and trying to invalidate a copyrighted literary property, when you are being sued for your back teeth.

Some of these same shysters swiped Frank Herbert's Dune script, and made it into Star Wars. They also reversed a post Earth, futurist script, back many millennia, to some phony earlier, but precisely human, worlds. Frank was fighting terminal cancer, so he never took them to court.

Since I've never read those, "Dragon Riders of Pern" novels, I can't comment on Ann Mc Caffery's case against Avatar. Hollywood always had her materials, but she held out for a decent quality of motion picture, which wasn't forthcoming during her lifetime.

These blatant thefts, have got to have had a major and deleterious affect on budding screenwriters. It may explain, why there is so much repetitive drivel, and Marvel comic book crapola, being made into movies, today.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

O.K. I'll go get my copy of Budge and check this out. This is the version of the "Holy Grail" mystery which posits that the Whetstone Box was brought to Earth, by the neutral angels in the ancient war in Heaven between God and Lucifer. I liked my version, both from WSU's Archeology class, where Dehdi cuts off the dog's head and then brings it back to life, at Court, in front of Pharaoh. That Stele may not have been erected until the box was removed across the Nile River to it's present resting place. But Khufu commissioned it, and paid for it.

Thutmose IV commissioned the stele... not Khufu. Khufu was long dead by then. The Westcar Papyrus was written over 200 years before that, during the time of the Hyksos.

Both of these date to the time when Judaism was first founded.

I'm not sure how the Holy Grail is supposed to tie into this. The Holy Grail is a new concept... first appearing in the Arthurian Legends, around 1000 AD or so. It is not related to the Ark of the Covenant but relates instead as an artifact of Jesus of Nazereth.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

But Rader and Kuhn can't copyright history or a historical prophecy.

This is not correct. They can copyright their own writings about history and prophecies.

Some of these same shysters swiped Frank Herbert's Dune script, and made it into Star Wars.

...say what?

As a long time reader of science fiction (and I've read both the original Star Wars written by Lucas and Dune when it was first released (and all of the books), they're nothing alike. Lucas WAS influenced by the Japanese movie, "Hidden Fortress"... and this is well known and there's a lot of similarities. But Dune? No.

These blatant thefts, have got to have had a major and deleterious affect on budding screenwriters. It may explain, why there is so much repetitive drivel, and Marvel comic book crapola, being made into movies, today.

Well, no... that's not it.

You should go to some science fiction conventions and talk to the authors and the stars. Not the comic book conventions (where they charge you an arm and a leg for everything) but the smaller SF cons. Your perspective on this will change when you talk directly to the people involved.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Nope! Once something is in the public domain, it stays in the public domain. If someone writes a coded book, you can't copyright the solution to that code, as the solution, though hidden, was there all along. Past, Present, and Future.

Mark Hamil's character shoots off in almost the first scene from Star Wars, about "taking the spice". And just like using Thailand for Siam, it's game over. "Spice imbued Navigators" are at the heart of the Dune series of copyrighted books.

I had U.S. Sen. Steve Symms, local office set up a conference call to the Library of Congress, back in the mid 80's. We discussed this pertaining to my discovery of the long lost solution to the main code in Nostradamus's book the Ten Centuries.

Two legal eagles shot me down, as everything that I found was still in the public domain, even from the Sixteenth Century.

But getting a legal copyright gives the author, the same grasp on people swiping even a small part of his or her work. The only non copyrightable part is the "Title". Sorry about your conventions, but two highly placed Lawyers in the Library of Congress, trumps them all.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Mark Hamil's character shoots off in almost the first scene from Star Wars, about "taking the spice". And just like using Thailand for Siam, it's game over. "Spice imbued Navigators" are at the heart of the Dune series of copyrighted books.

Spice in Dune.

Spice in Star Wars.

Comparison of elements of Dune and Star Wars.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

My source book on Budge is BullFinch's Mythology, an anthology of several classics. Moroso, Fekrey Hassan is his Euro name. Hassan Fekrey would be the way to write it in Egyptian. Flinders Petrie's Egyptian labor chief was named Fekrey. That would be how the old Brit wrote the name of a local Egyptian employee. Then or now, Fekrey's Da Man! Fekrey Hassan now holds the Flinders Petrie Chair of Egyptology, at City College, London.

How could Bullfinch's Mythology be a sourcebook on Budge? It was written just about the time Budge was born and published when Budge was ten years old (1867). And Fekrey Hassan of City College, London, wasn't even born when Flinders Petrie was alive.

In any case, this is all far astray from the original post.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Nope! Once something is in the public domain, it stays in the public domain.

Please.
Nobody thinks history books aren't copyrighted.
One of billions of examples: link

Harte

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Jeez, anyone can write and copyright a new history book. But no S.O.B. can copyright a piece of history. I.O.W.s you don't need to come up with exactly who killed J.F.K., in order to write one more book on it. Of course, that would help sell your new book. Anyone can put into print, his or her concept of the end of the World, per the Book of Revelations. But no one can get a unique right to have the only printed interpretation of this Doomsday Book.

I phoned Prof. Edgar Leoni who wrote the best Nostradamus Interpretation, in English, back in 1962. He ranted on for 45 minutes about Erika Cheetham's stealing verse after verse of his interpretations. But he couldn't shut her down. Like I posted, codes and coded verses, are all in the public domain, since Nostradamus's book, coded or not, has been public for Centuries, pardon my pun.

Cheetham, Leoni, and J.C. de Fontbrune have all passed on now. Alexis Lykiard, did the English Translation of J.C. de Fontbrune's French books. So Lykiard's "Translation Copyright", may retain more protections than Fontbrune's original French works do?? At least one's published in English. I can still criticize Fontbrune's pot bound interpretation of Blois, from where a person arises to drive the new Moors out of France, once more. But I still have to be careful with Lykiard's translations, of Fontbrune's works. Fontbrune's publisher bought the translation rights from him, and paid Lykiard to do his translation. Lykiard's copyright, protects his work, and the time he invested in this translation.

Lykiard merely did a simple French to English Translation. He never critiqued de. Fontbrune's conclusions which don't make much sense, as their Blois rookery is only on the French Coastline, near Paris. If the Islamists take Paris, they would stomp out any resistance in the nearby Blois Terr. But change this to the Boise Terr. and Idaho is almost all legally surveyed East and West of the Boise Prime Meridian, then there's some real Elbow Room.

So the criticism is that the French Word, "Blois", is really an anagram for one of the States in the U.S.A. An important soul will come from this State and lead an army to liberate Paris and France from the new Moorish invasion. Or maybe, someone, like a character from Dune, named Duncan Idaho, who shares the name, but not the origination.

I can't see someone like Picaboo Street, the retired Olympic skier, turning into the next Joan of Arc, but who knows?? Sarah Palin, seems to be the better bet, and she was born in Sandpoint, Idaho. But neither one of these Idaho ladies would be called the "King of Blois".

Prof. Feckrey Hassan lived in Pullman, WA., only 7 miles west of the Idaho line, but his abode is surveyed from the Willamette Prime Meridian, on the West side of the State. IIRC, it's the 45th Township East. While I live about 7 Townships West of the Boise Meridian. So can you get your head around Stanley Rader's screenplay, Ark, Feckrey's Egyptian Digs, and all three of us, being in on the hunt for the Whetstone Box, which once occupied the coffer in the King's Chamber, of the Great Pyramid. All I can say is that it's like the Blarney Stone, at Blarney Castle, in Ireland. Instead of the gift of gab, it has remarkable restorative powers, including, bringing a decapitated dog back to life, long ago.
edit on 25-3-2018 by carpooler because: Searching for the Whetstone box, in the pages of Nostradamus

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Jeez, anyone can write and copyright a new history book. But no S.O.B. can copyright a piece of history. I.O.W.s you don't need to come up with exactly who killed J.F.K., in order to write one more book on it. Of course, that would help sell your new book. Anyone can put into print, his or her concept of the end of the World, per the Book of Revelations. But no one can get a unique right to have the only printed interpretation of this Doomsday Book.

Do you know what the phrase "public domain" refers to?
It's not history, FYI.

You told Byrd "nope" to essentially the same statement that I made, which now you agree with.

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Harte, The Bible is in the Public Domain. Anyone can write a book interpreting it. But no one can copyright a couple of Chapters, and prevent others from doing the same. The thing that makes Nostradamus Interpretations interesting is that no one really knows what he was professing, in the first place. He was shown things in his future, brought them back into 16th Century French language, and crabbed and twisted them up, for his own protection from the Church.

Now with the fullness of time, some of these visions are coming to pass, "where he saw them in the first place", but writing about one or two in English, is fraught with mistakes. But he used anagrams and actual descriptions, like "angry black headed man", or the "great round mountain", that have each occurred once in our English Speaking World.

And in a kind of perverted way, not reading some of these in the original French, helps to break down the Alphabet stews, helping to solve the Anagrams. So I stick to proper and given names, and surnames, associated with the surname of one branch of my family tree.

This has brought my family from Quebec City, in WWI, all the way West to the Ash Falls, on or after May 18th, 1980, from Mt. St. Helens. Two things may help here. One, he coded his work in cursive writing before his manuscripts ever got anywhere near a printer's press. Secondly, he had to adapt future places and their names, back into common French locations, so his readers would latch onto them. There are so many of these that they can only come into focus, through the 20th, Century, and into the beginnings of the 21st. And lastly, capital M's are pulled out of the verses, and put back onto his book's cover. So you do need to judge his book by it's cover. And this is probably the only book ever written, to do this.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carpooler
Byrd:

This is not correct. They can copyright their own writings about history and prophecies.

You:

Nope! Once something is in the public domain, it stays in the public domain.

Harte

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Harvard Prof. Edgar Leoni was enraged by Erika Cheetham doing exactly this. But he couldn't stop her from publishing the same Nostradamus prophecies. What you are intimating is that the discussion on how you discern how to unravel a historical prophecy, garbled or not, can be copyrighted. They are really all translations, except for Edgar Cayce's, whose wife did take dictation in English. But Cayce's channel wasn't always spouting off in English either, so that's a wash.

If you set both Leoni's book and Cheetham's, down on a table, side by side, this becomes totally obvious. Leoni's solutions in English, are copied, word for word, by Erika Cheetham. Where the "prophetic fudge" between the nuggets, shows up, is in these authors' conclusions, and interpretations.

Maybe the alternative is actually worse? I once perused my minister's copy of the Crito, and his Divinity Professor had parsed this book's text so horribly, that it turned the translation of this Greek classic work, on it's head. My conclusion is that the Professor should have written his own translation of the Crito, put it out for peer reviews, and then published it.

I took this to heart. You cannot "parse" someone's translation. And this goes for the Lykiard translation of J.C. de Fontbrune's two volumes on Nostradamus, or the Bullfinch anthology of Budge's translation of the Egyptian Book of the Dead. The U.S. Library of Congress has lawyers who watch over these rights with an Eagle's eye.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join