It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid of Khufu

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AncientPheonix

Welcome and great thread especially with taking a random dig at epileptics in only the first few lines of your coming out party!!!

Personally, I'm thrilled to have you and look forward to other repeating numbers you can find in ancient history.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

In the former, there is a legitimate formula for calculating the analogous math from Seked and Cubit into degrees or feet/meters. In the latter, you're simply assigning a numerical concept that the AE's weren't actually using 4000 years ago. If they weren't using the number 26 in relation to calculating slope then assigning some additional meaning beyond what was actually used is intellectually dishonest and loaded with confirmation bias.

I don't see any intellectual dishonesty, simply someone using their imagination.

Look, we don't know what the AE knew. We make lots of presumptions. But, before the Egyptians, the Babylonians had a system based on 60, and measured a circle in 360 degrees. The AE could simply have inherited their knowledge, and measured angles in degrees too.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Hi, thanks for the post. Understand where your coming from

Of course, they were not using the number 26. The numeral system did not originate until the 6th/7th
Century, this is a mere translation of the numbers. I have done the math and it does, in fact, translate to 26.

A translation definition - the process of translating words or text from one language into another.

This means that they are one and the same. The number 26 will be a translation as it wasn't created until the 6/7th Century.
You are basically trying to persuade me now that translation's don't exist and 'Bonjour' does not mean 'Hello' in English...

I am skeptical of my own post and In no right am I say this is fact!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Elderly Fenix -

Are You here at ATS™ in search of "The Truth" And I'm using the definition of 'truth' being something that will not change?

If "Yes" continue reading, if 'Not' "Have a nice day and stay hydrated..."

If You're still reading that is what is known around the intraweb chat forums as "Implied Consent" If need be I'm certain someone will 'co-sign' Me that this is indeed a rule.

Ready?

Anyone that specifies "The Great Pyramid" should at least mention what many believe the most interesting FACT remember We are in pursuit of The Truth.. That fact??? That it actually has 8 Sides and not just 4 like a run of the mill (another power source) pyramid (Pyre=fire Amid=middle 'Fire in the middle"

curiosity.com...

Here is a YouTube™ clip of the pyramid from above, the ONLY place where One would notice that it has the 8 sides

www.youtube.com...

Now what do You think?

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. Another intraweb chat-forum rule reads: 'In a forum where You don't know the other person, if You add an interesting tidbit then You can call 'Intraweb Quid Pro Quo' so if a 'common passerby' acknowledges the 8-sided tidbit being of 'value' then I get to ask You a question.. I KNOW for a FACT it isn't Rule #2) because that rule reads "Rule #2) What someone thinks about You is none of Your business..."

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Anyone that specifies "The Great Pyramid" should at least mention what many believe the most interesting FACT remember We are in pursuit of The Truth.. That fact??? That it actually has 8 Sides and not just 4 like a run of the mill (another power source) pyramid (Pyre=fire Amid=middle 'Fire in the middle"

The only FACTs we are certain of, on the Great Pyramid, is that it exists, and is made of limestone and granite.

It looks like a five sided pyramid, but actually has six sides, because it's truncated, and it happens to have the same volume as a cube whose height is exactly that truncated height.

These are facts.

But, that is no where as interesting as "Why" the structure has these facts, or "Who" put it there and for what reason, and "When" did they build the thing in the first place, not just restore the monument.

All the interesting questions, have to be answered by our imagination.

We do this by contemplating the structure, and combining the facts with things we know, and listening to other people's ideas, that come from their imaginations, and rolling these things over in our minds, until we find an answer that satisfies us.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: llama
Harte may be on to something. It may be a measurement we are searching for or a link to a physical process, like maybe gravity. The slope created by the breakdown of limestone. In a way a pyramid is a symbol of a vortex.

Wow, it's usually explained as a tomb.

Just a 40 story pile of rocks tomb. No biggie. 26 yrs to build.

Anyone could do it in the off season.

edit on 2 28 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AncientPheonix
a reply to: lostbook

So I have been doing more research on this and it has taken me down so many random roots.
This comment leads me to look at the 26Hz Vibration Level.

This freaked me out a little (probably just a huge coincidence).....

But the Egyptians loved cats, worshipped them!!!
Cats purr at a frequency around 26 Hertz which is supposedly the frequency of cell regeneration or self-healing.... Chillls

Wow! That is way.y.y.y.y...cool. Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Oh what the hell ? Welcome OP & you did give open license..........I heard many years ago,over the sound of much clinking of glass bottles, that it takes 26 seconds for a virgin lady camel's #2 to start getting crumbed in the desert sands from the moment it's "backing out" journey passes the outer sphincter ring, or harte ring as it was known to several nomadic tribes with ties to Luxor. ! Spooky , aint it ?
fotsy

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

You must be using the "New Math" I'm still using the old math and the numeral 8 comes after 7 but 7 is greater than 6 or 5..

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: llama
Harte may be on to something. It may be a measurement we are searching for or a link to a physical process, like maybe gravity. The slope created by the breakdown of limestone. In a way a pyramid is a symbol of a vortex.

Wow, it's usually explained as a tomb.

Just a 40 story pile of rocks tomb. No biggie. 26 yrs to build.

Anyone could do it in the off season.

You could've written this article as it covers everything You mentioned:

www.occultphysics.com...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Stonehenge also has "healing powers"...

www.theepochtimes.com...

How to raise Your own vibration level:

howtoraiseyourvibration.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I would not go in too much mumbo jumbo when it comes to the GP's construction of the Grand Gallery.

The ancient egyptians also had a wooden angle tool , the sekem , which could have been used for special angles, but they made it easier:

With two egyptian cubits in lenght and one cubit in height, you will get a perfect 50 percent slope, seen in the Grand Gallery.

For the shafts of the 'Queens Chamber', you can see on the picture that they exactly reach to the height of the roof above the 'kings chamber'.
So, they were used only for construction porposes as the upper endings never reached the outside and the lower ones were closed behnd the walls
of the ' Queens chamber'.
This because never had a pyramid before such complicated rooms INSIDE and never after.

edit on 1-3-2018 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AncientPheonix
a reply to: Harte

I know they didn't. They measured in Royal Seked.

But they also measure distance In royal cubits and that hasn't stopped us translating it into Ft. or Meters?

I didn't say that units can't be converted.

I said that the particular digits arrived at in the units you convert to, not having been used by the AEs, cannot possibly have any significance to the AEs.

You went off on the number 26, when no Egyptian measurement of that angle would involve the number 26.

Harte

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

The AEs didn't measure angles in degrees, so trying to correlate the number 26 with anything at all is utterly futile in this case. Harte

So, what did they do, Harte? Please share your knowledge instead of being condescending as usual.

The poster replied with it.
So, it's condescending to point out hilariously inaccurate claims?

What, did they change the motto to "Promote Ignorance?"

Harte

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
DP
edit on 3/1/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: peter vlar

In the former, there is a legitimate formula for calculating the analogous math from Seked and Cubit into degrees or feet/meters. In the latter, you're simply assigning a numerical concept that the AE's weren't actually using 4000 years ago. If they weren't using the number 26 in relation to calculating slope then assigning some additional meaning beyond what was actually used is intellectually dishonest and loaded with confirmation bias.

I don't see any intellectual dishonesty, simply someone using their imagination.

Look, we don't know what the AE knew. We make lots of presumptions. But, before the Egyptians, the Babylonians had a system based on 60, and measured a circle in 360 degrees. The AE could simply have inherited their knowledge, and measured angles in degrees too.

The reason we know this about the Babylonians, which by the way were the contemporaries of the Ancient Egyptians, is because they could write.

However, the Egyptians could write too, and reading their texts, we already know how they measured angles.
It wasn't with degrees.

Harte

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

The AEs didn't measure angles in degrees, so trying to correlate the number 26 with anything at all is utterly futile in this case. Harte

So, what did they do, Harte? Please share your knowledge instead of being condescending as usual.

Harte

It's your approach brother. You may not realize this, but I have known you for awhile, and you are very condescending instead of trying to be more educational and helpful .

I guess you feel you are important or something.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The reason we know this about the Babylonians, which by the way were the contemporaries of the Ancient Egyptians, is because they could write.

However, the Egyptians could write too, and reading their texts, we already know how they measured angles.
It wasn't with degrees.

Harte

But the Babylonians wrote on clay which survived the long journey down through time.

The Egyptians wrote on papyrus, most of which hasn't survived. So, except for a few fragments, like Rhind Papyrus, that gives us a mere "glimpse", we don't know what else they really wrote.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

It wasn't with degrees.

Harte

But the Babylonians wrote on clay which survived the long journey down through time.

The Egyptians wrote on papyrus, most of which hasn't survived. So, except for a few fragments, like Rhind Papyrus, that gives us a mere "glimpse", we don't know what else they really wrote.

We know they wrote about measuring slopes.
We know the slopes we find in Egyptian constructions match the Egyptian seked method of measuring slopes.

Why do you need to make something else up?

Harte

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Harte

It's your approach brother. You may not realize this, but I have known you for awhile, and you are very condescending instead of trying to be more educational and helpful .

I guess you feel you are important or something.

Education begins with the self. I am already educating 140 teens a year.

Anyone with any curiosity can easily find out for themselves how the Egyptians created angles. The method is exceedingly easy to understand.

My responses are proportional to the amount of ignorance contained in the posts I respond to.

Harte

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join