It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid of Khufu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hello ATS, be gentle with me please, it is my first thread.

Just want to get a little thread together of some brainstormers (yes I know it's not the PC word that should be used, however...
1. Do epileptics really take offense to this? 2. If you are getting offended by this word please leave this thread immediately

Now getting into it...

I just want to start a discussion on some of the findings and research I have done on the Great Pyramids of Giza.
All idea's and theories are welcome crazy or sensible.

I would like to discuss some of the findings of the Pyramid of Khufu's slopes inside the Pyramid.
They all seem to share the same angle of incline or decline.
26 Degrees.

- Interior of Apex = Sloped @ 26 degrees.
- Descending Passage = Sloped @ 26 degrees.
- Grand Gallery = Sloped @ 26 degrees.

Now what I am about to suggest is very very very far fetched. But I would like to put this idea out there and see what comes in return

26 Degree Angle? We all know the Egyptians were smart and loved to boast their mathematical abilities and also their astrological abilities.
Well, Its a far stretch from an angle to looking at what the number 26 means, but here it goes

So I started off with what did the Egyptians love, the stars. Now you may be thinking, this guy is crazy how do 26 and the 'stars' link in any way. Well, it was quite interesting really the number 26 is actually found in the number of years it takes for the Axial Precession to complete, (every 26,000 years). Bit of a reach I know but stay with me.

The number 26 elsewhere;

- YHWH = the Hebrew name for God has a value of 26.
- The 26th Verse of the Bible is "let us make man in our image"
- The letters of GOD's name has a value of 26.
- It is also the number of the generation's from David to Christ according to the evangelist Luke.
- The number of generations between Moses and Adam.
- The genealogy of Sem comprises twenty-six descendants.
- The 26 ganglions of the sympathetic system of the human bodies.
- 26 letters of the Latin Alphabet.

There are so many more examples of this number 26 being used, in alternative cultures and religions.
But what I'm trying to say here is this something that the Egyptians knew about and believed in?

Where they the ones before Christianity and Jews to believe this number 26 is almost, let's just say 'divine'?

Thoughts, please!! Add any ideas of your own

P.s. I apologize if this is poorly written, or if there are many grammar mistakes. I wrote this on my phone, and to go
back and proofread on my phone is ridiculously tedious.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm a natural sceptic and will look for anything proven and to be accurate the lots of these numbers you may need to multiple out to find a value, theres 24 letters in the Greek and the more western had 28(?) over the time which got whittled down as they removed a few more nordic ones.

The best sanity check is to make sure you aint made any stupid and numeroligy is a point where theres more effort required.

Check the Grammar at the time and being a lot would be more in ancient greek then 26 would be more 24 and don't trust much unless you have verified it yourself...its not hard even in foreign languages but you will need to spend the time to be sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AncientPheonix

For what its worth, 26 is half of 52, 52 degrees is the angle of the Pyramids. There may well be a relationship between the two angles that requires more thinking than Im willing to do.
a number of secret societies as well as Graham Hancock can lead you to a ridiculous number of understandings regarding sacred geometry...it may be a great place to continue your research. Metatrons cube being something you may find interesting.
Nice 1st effort
edit on 28-2-2018 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
welcome

have you checked out scott creighton section of ATS, i think you will like him

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It was determined 5000 years ago that 26 is the perfect number representing the elites obsession with immortality, and god complex narcissism, and sheeples willingness to work as if slaves to appease their elite masters not to mention the gullibility of the masses.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think 26d was the max. angle for pushing rocks allowed by the EPBU (Egyptian Pyramid Builders Union)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Your first thread and it is not political? Well done, I'm already a fan of yours.

The different pyramids are fascinating to study. There are many interesting threads in the ATS archives that you would likely enjoy reading.

I'm not sure the particular number has any meaning here but the Egyptians were obsessed with details.

Good job on your 1st thread. Star & Flag.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AncientPheonix

I just want to start a discussion on some of the findings and research I have done on the Great Pyramids of Giza.
All idea's and theories are welcome crazy or sensible.

I would like to discuss some of the findings of the Pyramid of Khufu's slopes inside the Pyramid.
They all seem to share the same angle of incline or decline.
26 Degrees.

Now what I am about to suggest is very very very far fetched. But I would like to put this idea out there and see what comes in return

26 Degree Angle? We all know the Egyptians were smart and loved to boast their mathematical abilities and also their astrological abilities.
Well, Its a far stretch from an angle to looking at what the number 26 means, but here it goes

So I started off with what did the Egyptians love, the stars. Now you may be thinking, this guy is crazy how do 26 and the 'stars' link in any way. Well, it was quite interesting really the number 26 is actually found in the number of years it takes for the Axial Precession to complete, (every 26,000 years). Bit of a reach I know but stay with me.

The number 26 elsewhere;

The AEs didn't measure angles in degrees, so trying to correlate the number 26 with anything at all is utterly futile in this case.

Harte

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Thanks!

I'll do some more research and see if I can find anything on the number 26 in ancient Egypt.
I agree it is a bit of a stretch and a wild goose chase.

But at least i will be able to rule it out completely if I don't find anything

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I know they didn't. They measured in Royal Seked.

But they also measure distance In royal cubits and that hasn't stopped us translating it into Ft. or Meters?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I may be saying this wrong but maybe 26 is the perfect decibal level for the sound waves used to lift those heavy stones into place when building the pyramids....? That is, of course, if sound was used....
edit on 28-2-2018 by lostbook because: word edit

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
26 deg. is roughly the angle of repose for a pile of wheat.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
All I know is that everything is cool at 26, but at 27 you die.
See: Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison, Cobain

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

So I have been doing more research on this and it has taken me down so many random roots.
This comment leads me to look at the 26Hz Vibration Level.

This freaked me out a little (probably just a huge coincidence).....

But the Egyptians loved cats, worshipped them!!!
Cats purr at a frequency around 26 Hertz which is supposedly the frequency of cell regeneration or self-healing.... Chillls

edit on 28-2-2018 by AncientPheonix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well, the angle is more like 26.5 degrees.

If you stand at the Great Pyramid on the Winder Solstice, the sun will appear in the sky at 36.5 degrees off the horizon at its zenith.

The passage was designed at a time when that angle was 26.5 degrees, so the Winter Solstice sun would shine directly down the ascending passage angle.

However, the LORD changed the orientation of the sun by 10 degrees, affecting all sun dials on earth. As is described in the Holy Bible,

And Hezekiah said unto Isaiah, What shall be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and that I shall go up into the house of the LORD the third day? -- KJV, 2 Kings 20:8

And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the LORD, that the LORD will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees? -- KJV, 2 Kings 20:9

And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees. -- KJV, 2 Kings 20:10

And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the LORD: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz. -- KJV, 2 Kings 20:11

And this shall be a sign unto thee from the LORD, that the LORD will do this thing that he hath spoken; -- KJV, Isaiah|38:7

Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down. -- KJV, Isaiah 38:8

So, what we see from the scriptures, is that the Sun adjusts "suddenly" by 10 degrees back and forth over time.

Right now, the Winter Solstice sun, which is defined to be "the beginning of time" in the long time clock, is 36.5 degrees off the horizon, so the Great Pyramid's ascending passage is off by 10 degrees. The "shadow" of the dial of Ahaz, has "reduced" or "shrunk" by 10 degrees, from what it was originally when that sun shone down the ascending passage at 26.5 degrees.

But, the time will come again, when the sun will suddenly adjust once more, and go back to the 26.5 degree angle, then all the people on earth will marvel at the LORD's doing.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Read: The House of the Hidden Places, by W. Marsham Adams

Decode: An End to the Year of Beginnings

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

is there a prize for passing the test?

I like a challenge I'll get straight on it!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The AEs didn't measure angles in degrees, so trying to correlate the number 26 with anything at all is utterly futile in this case. Harte

So, what did they do, Harte? Please share your knowledge instead of being condescending as usual.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Harte may be on to something. It may be a measurement we are searching for or a link to a physical process, like maybe gravity. The slope created by the breakdown of limestone. In a way a pyramid is a symbol of a vortex.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I know they didn't. They measured in Royal Seked.

But they also measure distance In royal cubits and that hasn't stopped us translating it into Ft. or Meters?

Sure, but being able to convert Seked and cubits into modern numerical constructs isn't the same thing as allotting meaning the number 26 when it had no role in the construction of the GP.

In the former, there is a legitimate formula for calculating the analogous math from Seked and Cubit into degrees or feet/meters. In the latter, you're simply assigning a numerical concept that the AE's weren't actually using 4000 years ago. If they weren't using the number 26 in relation to calculating slope then assigning some additional meaning beyond what was actually used is intellectually dishonest and loaded with confirmation bias.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join