It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed FL school deputy Resigns after video shows he stood outside did nothing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

But then again gun people will believe anything as long as it isn't true.

What a dumb overgeneralization! "Gun people"...

We are hunters, sportsmen, self-defenders and law abiding citizens -most times- but not "gun people".

Be afraid!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Like I said robots will not freeze remove human error.
Only 100% way of keeping schools in the USA safe...or change WTF is going on.
I do jest but I can see it happening.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It isn't the gun what the problem is btw.
You have to find the cause but it sure just aint the gun.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Great point....people act differently when faced with high stress situations...you see this all the time when someone is hurt or lying on the ground...people freeze up or simply ignore the issue..

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
F#cking coward. Why accepting the job in the first place if you're to afraid to protect the pupils when it happens? Give the job to veterans because they clearly care and can handle such situations.

So, are you an advocate for arming teachers and if yes do you think they will also freeze in a shooting situation ?

Yes if they get properly vetted first and receive the training to handle extreme situations. It's not like hey derp give them all a gun without even asking and training them first. Gun free zones are an open invitation for people who have no regard for human life or the law. The Florida shooter didn't had the guts to take his own life now imagine if he met any armed resistance at all.

Sure I get that, however surely the armed security guard had adequate training right?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

As a developer, I know what kind of bugs turn up even in the most tight controlled code, so NO, It´s a extremly bad idea to put the decision about life and death into the hands of a bazillion transistors where only a couple one have to misfire or flipped bit´s in the EEPROM to make a bloodbath.

See my signature for that.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Imagine that football coach having a weapon.

Just firing back would make a difference.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You tell me. It appears like he didn't and was hired by his cousin. Like i mentioned earlier fire all parties involved if this turns out to be true.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Don't beat yourself up over it. "Training" doesn't do anything. It only trains you to know what you won't do. I've seen US. Marines cry over some silly nonsense. ..and still hold on to their "title".
Whatever keeps e'm happy.
Any troop, that has been anywhere worth being. Has froze, at least once.
They're lying if they say otherwise.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

But there will be a point where automated defence systems are better than human defences also cheaper.
But I can sure see where the news reports the first security robot going postal on a pop concert.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Fight, Flight or Freeze..

cant fight human instinct

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

It's good to cry man.
I put on Chimps seeing the sky for the first time If I have not for a while releases a lot of stress good for our mental health.
Oh and Cheers

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
It isn't the gun what the problem is btw.
You have to find the cause but it sure just aint the gun.

The cause is he wasn't qualified for the job in the first place. At least that guy was armed because i wasn't when i had to face my enemies. Granted i did something so insane that they panicked and left me alone. Once a coward always a coward.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
So basically, you're saying we can't trust you, to defend yourself? Or you're so "skilled", that you can't trust others to defend themselves? Because you are definitely coming across the net as a "developer".

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'd like to see the media pick this up. Not to bash this guy but to go around the country asking school systems how they vet their resource officers. The system needs to learn from this experience. A lot of things went wrong and smart people would be analyzing all the facts and figuring out how to prevent something similar happening. Instead, all we hear is "ban guns". Same as it always was - nothing more than political fodder. This shouldn't even be a left-right issue.

I fear we'll go through this again before the school year is out.

link   

Define "better".

Better aiming, killing for sure? You know that you are talking about a war machine in civil regions, right? I worked with several false AI systems at my job and still do it private.

Long enough (over a decade) to know to not trust such things. This machine will be coded and built by humans so don´t tell me human error is not a problem. Even with a true AI, humans wrote the template and later teach it.

The whole concept "AI" is totally missunderstood. Even a true AI can´t be flawless, BY DEFINITION. Or it would never learn.

There´s a saying in Germany it goes like this: "Baker, stay in your bakery". It´s said when someone without any clue, thinks he knows what he´s talking about.

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Now that is bs. A coward can always redeem himself let's hope somehow this dude does eh?.

No point dissing this dude when all the hate should be put on the POS who killed all them kids.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

I fear we'll go through this again before the school year is out.

This I agree with.

While we're all talking about what to do, some other messed up person is going to shoot and kill a bunch of other people.

link   
I wouldn't know. But I'll take your word for it, tinhorn. Cheers.

link   
a reply to: murphy22
I am flabbergasted how you came to this very unlogic conclusion.

Have you ever written code or worked with AIs to be confident in what you´re typing??? Are you capeable of understanding the meaning of my signature??

I say no.

This thing in my avatar, I was project leader btw. That´s why I allow myself such a condescening tone towards your impudent post.
edit on 22-2-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join