It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed FL school deputy Resigns after video shows he stood outside did nothing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

a reply to: RazorV66

Well in that case i raise me calling him a coward to calling him a disgrace instead. Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Yup....
What do you do that puts you in peril daily then?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: EchoesInTime

He'll have to live with his cowardice for the rest of his life.

No sympathy.

If he was a shoe repairman, then I would not expect him to do anything.

But that's not the path he chose.

He froze.

Shame!

School resource officers typically do things like locker checks, run metal detectors, and check parking permits. They're mall cops, not some highly trained soldier expected to get into a firefight at a moments notice.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
"Instinct" would probably be telling them, this ain't my problem. But then, you know. No leo is obligated to make their day harder than it needs to be. That has been very clear in court. Like any job.
I'd seriously question anyone that wants authority over fellow "citizens" and why they'd want it. I know, "someone has to stand, between all the explosions and "automatic gunfire", red light runners and sidewalk spitting. Lol!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
Do you know floppy disks? ALICE is stoneage old, WONDERLAND, don´t know, snow white is a brain-machine interface if I remember, 7 dwarfs, never heard about that. (I´m german, could be it has another common name in german)

But I can tell you, and I did it already years ago in another thread, that our work was so "breaking" that over the weekend, the whole floor was cleaned and we all got assigned different projects as a kind of "sit out" before we were all sent into retirement very early.

I just did a post some days ago about this occurence and one years ago with a bit less information. You can find them if you really want.

Our internal, inoffical name for the project was SCHLAUBI. You won´t find anything about that on the internet. It means "clever" and like ALICE, it has a meaning behind it.

Go look into that recent AI thread with the video "AI gives birth to child AI". look for my replys, you will find that post.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but...
  • Scott Peterson choose to become a Deputy Sheriff.
  • Scott Peterson knew full well what his duties entailed and what the circumstances might be.
  • Scott Peterson was duly deputized.
  • Scott Peterson was armed and in uniform.
  • Scott Peterson was paid to perform the duties of a Deputy Sheriff.
  • Scott Peterson was aware of the shooting taking place.
  • Scott Peterson did nothing to even try to stop the shooting.
The simple fact is that this waste of oxygen was taking money and a job from someone who could have performed it adequately. As far as I see it, that adds theft to his list of shortcomings. He is a coward, a thief, and an accomplice to murder IMO. He needs a jail cell with a view of Cruz's execution.

I know a few people have tried to take up for him, saying that anyone can freeze up... in that case don't become a policeman. That's easy enough. I am not a policeman because I don't like the idea of having to chance shooting another person on an almost daily basis. So I choose to do something else. I am not a doctor because I don't like needles... OK, I hate needles. I am not a plumber because I hate having to wallow in mud.

And yet, I know I don't freeze up. I have had experiences in my life that have solved that question. That's fine; some do. I won't bemoan a person not in such an occupation that freezes up in such a situation. But those who do should not be taking a job that requires them to be there to protect others in the face of danger, just as surely as a blind man shouldn't take a job driving a truck.

I repeat: I consider this scumbag wanna-be man as a coward, a thief, and an accomplice to murder.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Surely you are aware that people can burn out, it's pretty stressful being a cop and often they get ptsd, in essence you are right but you have to also consider the pressure of this life and peoples needs, he needed a job to pay his bills, there will always be people whom have jobs they are not suited to or even like, the only way things will change is if we change the motivation for people to work. Blaming it on the security guard is redundant and wont make any difference.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Of course i know Floppy Disks. Disketten lochen(piercing Floppy Disks) was a pretty common thing back in the days.
The 7 dwarfs are apparently seven CIA supercomputers(named after the seven dwarfs) hidden around the world. You should take a look at the Q thread. Could be right up your alley.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Just because a blind man needs a job, you still don't out him behind the wheel of a truck.

Just because a guy in a wheelchair needs a job, you still don't have him trying to climb phone poles.

I see people all the time who are blessed enough to have a decent job, but they either won't or can't do what is expected of them. If you can't do the job, find another job. 17 people are dead because this one piece of trash couldn't do his job.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

He was the only person who could have stopped him in those six minutes that he was shooting. He had a gun. He didn't even try. How do you hear children screaming and getting shot to death and not even try? There's no excuse for that.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well said! There is simply no excuse for what he did or more exactly didn't do. He failed his students and could have probably prevented more loss of innocent lives.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Just because a blind man needs a job, you still don't out him behind the wheel of a truck.

Just because a guy in a wheelchair needs a job, you still don't have him trying to climb phone poles.

I see people all the time who are blessed enough to have a decent job, but they either won't or can't do what is expected of them. If you can't do the job, find another job. 17 people are dead because this one piece of trash couldn't do his job.

TheRedneck

you realize he did do his job. What he didnt do was go beyond his official duties
An officer has no duty to protect anyone but himself
Its law
edit on 22-2-2018 by HomelessWhiteMale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well this ain’t saying much but if I had a gun, and my job was to protect kids and teachers in a school I would have gone in there. I swear to god, if I was there with no gun, I still would have faced the danger and tried to stop it. BUT knowing my luck I prob. Woulda got sued or something. Speaking of which wondering when the lawsuits are gonna get filed.....

Oh I see google is saying some of the kids are wanting to try to sue the government somehow.. I don’t think they can but good luck to ya.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HomelessWhiteMale

You are correct.
There have been court cases that ended up stating that law enforcement (there it is) officers have no duty to protect us.

It is what the public expects of them though.... probably because of the phrase painted on so many cop cars... 'protect and serve'. Legally speaking, it is a big lie, although there are plenty of officers out there that have risked and given their lives to protect the public.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Yup....
What do you do that puts you in peril daily then?

The absolute smallest amount of effort that's humanly possible, and I can get by with. I'm old, and the thrill of being rode hard and put up wet on a daily basis has somehow lost it's shine for me...

It's much more satisfying to expend any energy that should miraculously come my way on trying to keep up with grandbabies.

Although I really must confess that on occasion, it does qualify as quite perilous, especially with the 6-year-old!

But hey, what's life without risk, yes?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You are correct.
There have been court cases that ended up stating that law enforcement (there it is) officers have no duty to protect us.

It is what the public expects of them though.... probably because of the phrase painted on so many cop cars... 'protect and serve'. Legally speaking, it is a big lie, although there are plenty of officers out there that have risked and given their lives to protect the public.

No what people dont understands is the subject of that "protect and serve"
Its not the people
Its the jurisduction of that officer. The city or state usually

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Meh, I don’t want to get into a quagmire and I also don’t want to offend leo’s But from my 41 years of life most cops pick the pieces up after the crime. I can’t think 🤔 of a story off the top of my head that stands out where a cop stops a violent crime in process. Swat is another story. That la bank robbery in the 90’s comes to mind but I can’t think of many. Cops have a hard job, I will pay them that respect, but we need more good cops. Also cops are not like soldiers they don’t get grenades to throw into rooms before entering them.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Meh, I don’t want to get into a quagmire and I also don’t want to offend leo’s But from my 41 years of life most cops pick the pieces up after the crime. I can’t think 🤔 of a story off the top of my head that stands out where a cop stops a violent crime in process. Swat is another story. That la bank robbery in the 90’s comes to mind but I can’t think of many. Cops have a hard job, I will pay them that respect, but we need more good cops. Also cops are not like soldiers they don’t get grenades to throw into rooms before entering them.

i understand as you may be able to tell by my alias ive had numerous run ins with leo
Not all of them pleasant but im not stupid
And im not going to blame this cop anymore than i would a teacher who hid

We need reform or revolt

I have a feeling it will be the latter before the former

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I'm sorry, but...
  • Scott Peterson choose to become a Deputy Sheriff.
  • Scott Peterson knew full well what his duties entailed and what the circumstances might be.
  • Scott Peterson was duly deputized.
  • Scott Peterson was armed and in uniform.
  • Scott Peterson was paid to perform the duties of a Deputy Sheriff.
  • Scott Peterson was aware of the shooting taking place.
  • Scott Peterson did nothing to even try to stop the shooting.
The simple fact is that this waste of oxygen was taking money and a job from someone who could have performed it adequately. As far as I see it, that adds theft to his list of shortcomings. He is a coward, a thief, and an accomplice to murder IMO. He needs a jail cell with a view of Cruz's execution.

I know a few people have tried to take up for him, saying that anyone can freeze up... in that case don't become a policeman. That's easy enough. I am not a policeman because I don't like the idea of having to chance shooting another person on an almost daily basis. So I choose to do something else. I am not a doctor because I don't like needles... OK, I hate needles. I am not a plumber because I hate having to wallow in mud.

And yet, I know I don't freeze up. I have had experiences in my life that have solved that question. That's fine; some do. I won't bemoan a person not in such an occupation that freezes up in such a situation. But those who do should not be taking a job that requires them to be there to protect others in the face of danger, just as surely as a blind man shouldn't take a job driving a truck.

I repeat: I consider this scumbag wanna-be man as a coward, a thief, and an accomplice to murder.

TheRedneck

See?

Red get's it completely, so...
What he said...

But always keep in mind that a 6-year-old can put you in the HOSPITAL...

They're like small, REALLY cute nuclear weapons...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Meh nevermind. Revolt nope.

Reform nope.

Divide and conquer is in full effect.

Government stoped fearing us decades ago..

They have better weapons.

Anyhow I can’t believe I replied to this. I will blame redneck for it 🖖

Hang in there homeless dude...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join