It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed FL school deputy Resigns after video shows he stood outside did nothing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

To be precise, there are reasons to delay an external firealarm IF there is someone within reach of the central fire systems computer and is trained in it. Max. 180 seconds (in my country, depends on the region) but it´s not common.

If you have false alarm situations that can´t be solved technically, you do this sometimes.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: testingtesting

That's why my job is to paint tans on gingers so they can fool society.

I think its time I gave up driving a van....You are talking about chicks, right?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
F#cking coward. Why accepting the job in the first place if you're to afraid to protect the pupils when it happens? Give the job to veterans because they clearly care and can handle such situations.

So, are you an advocate for arming teachers and if yes do you think they will also freeze in a shooting situation ?

Yes if they get properly vetted first and receive the training to handle extreme situations. It's not like hey derp give them all a gun without even asking and training them first. Gun free zones are an open invitation for people who have no regard for human life or the law. The Florida shooter didn't had the guts to take his own life now imagine if he met any armed resistance at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I think its time I gave up driving a van....You are talking about chicks, right?

no

link   
I would ask this simple question: Who reviewed his qualifications and selected him for the position?

link   
a reply to: verschickter

Ahh. I didn't think of that. Thank you for the education.

link   
What happened to the first thread on this?

I posted early on that and like it just poof, distapeered!

Foul!

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol

This guy will go through more guilt than anything.
I know that guilt I have froze once or twice which got people hurt in my job it is shock freezing for a secong too late and man it hurts.
But I know nine times out of ten I'm all on it making sure people do not get hurt but I like the poor sod in the OP we are only human.

edit on 22-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So an armed "Officer" on the scene couldn't stop the killing, well gee maybe the teachers will have better instincts,you know because that's what they're trained for.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
What happened to the first thread on this?

I posted early on that and like it just poof, distapeered!

Foul!

I saw your thread and tried to go back to it a minute later... like you said, poof!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
So an armed "Officer" on the scene couldn't stop the killing, well gee maybe the teachers will have better instincts,you know because that's what they're trained for.

K~

It is quite possible that he could have....
But he didn't try to stop it.

link   
Yeah unfortunately he will have to live with this the rest of his life......laying in bed every night thinking “What if?”
I don’t know, it’s a tough situation to be sure.
How do you really know who will be a hero or a coward?...or something in between?
It could be curtains for this guy just from his own guilt.
I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

no

Another dream turns to dust

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'd say, give the "weak" the tools, for a "fighting chance". Then let the heroes "fall" with honor.
I have seen the same thing. "Men", that were schooled, in the "way of war", Having "degrees", in "military science" or "basket weaving",.. (how they made Lt.?) above my pay grade, I'll never know. But thet asked me,.. "what should do"? I always answered, "I don't know Sir, but this is what I'd do..". But I was just a Non-Com.

You're right! He'll have to judge himself and live with it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So much for the stupid propaganda we're hearing that we need to fight guns with more people with guns.

But then again gun people will believe anything as long as it isn't true.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes exactly. You shouldn't apply for a job that could put you in mortal danger in the first place. It's common sense that apparently none possessed in this instance.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Well it seems you bought the stupid propaganda that responsible gun owners are itching to shoot people.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The problem is that "the child already fell into the well". You ain´t going to take those legal guns away, because then only the criminals have them (already).

It´s like a spiral you can´t stop, once it´s there.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

So you use, as an example of your point, one instance of someone either a) freezing, or b) doing nothing out of cowardice?

It's what I've come to expect from all too many on the more fringe edges of this issue.

One instance does not a proof make.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So much for the stupid propaganda we're hearing that we need to fight guns with more people with guns.

But then again gun people will believe anything as long as it isn't true.

It’s not stupid propaganda, that’s just your stupid propaganda.
This was 1 guy that froze for whatever reason, only he knows why.
There needs to be more than 1 guy to guard an entire school.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join