It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking ! Iranian state TV reports large blast near city of Dailam and the plot thickens.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
DRAFT!!!!!!
God, thats all some of you post and it is getting pretty ridiculous.

A Vote for Bush is a Vote for the Draft
Are they getting ready for the Draft...?
Military Draft is knocking gently at the door for now.
Im starting to feel a Draft...
The Draft may be coming...
Military draft returns (You got to love this one from 2003)
Draft coming America (this one is really good too.. from 2003)

This is not even a complete list.

lol.. from people "feeling" the draft coming to others thinking "maybe" its going to happen. Lets try and cut down on this and have a while without people claiming for the thousandth time they "feel" the draft coming?

Oh my god, it was them working on a dam? How could that be? You guys were so sure and positive that it was an attack by Israel or the US?? Heck, they were even "to silent" about it.

Hope this all teaches some people just to calm down. You guys are all going to have a heart attack.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by andpau66]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Going strickly off memory of the read here but didn't they initially state that the explosion occur in a deserted area?
Couldn't be too deserted if there was a dam there.

Thanks andpau my heart is just fine. However, the story is constantly changing. Saw a plane, didn't see one, fuel tank dropped but how could that be if there wasn't a plane. It was stated earlier that fuel tanks would not cause that kind of explosion and I am inclined to agree.
Now it is dam construction, but wait thought it was a deserted area.
My thoughts? A hush hush operation of some sort.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Could a military vehicle supporting a spec op inside Iran have been shot down? Maybe the missle was a RPG and it took out a Blackhawk?? Now that is definitley not something that the US would want released.

Change in story gives time for a recovery of pieces of 'wreckage'. Change in story gives way to confusion. One way or another, it is going to be a long, hot summer....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
apparently there is no explosion now

the tale keeps spinning!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Infinite - where did you hear that? I have been going back and forth with news sites trying to keep up with all of changes.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Infinite - where did you hear that? I have been going back and forth with news sites trying to keep up with all of changes.

On the ATS news thread,
Check out Nerdling's thread

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

“An airplane flew over Deylam today. Minutes later, there was an explosion,” spokesman Jahanbakhsh Khanjani told The Associated Press.

Now they are saying no explosion. Interesting is all can say...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
To those posters asking me about the draft, (there were at least a couple):

My comments were made based on info provided by the Guardian and the Post, among others. They both ran stories regarding the filling of seats for the draft and appeals boards. Many members on the boards were at the end of a 20 year term.

As far as the age change to the draft, I believe that was contained in a bill introduced in '03 by a New York Democrat. I don't think it's gone anywhere, but it's still up for discussion and could be implemented at a moments notice.

More in a minute when I scrounge together some links. Will edit in short order. Pay no attention to those who say the draft is impossible, they aren't even thinking. They have been brainwashed and are unable to come to their own conclusions based on the evidence. Give me a minute and I will provide documentation.

www.takebackthemedia.com...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

www.tbrnews.org...

www.blatanttruth.org...

www.unknownnews.org...

www.nyjournalnews.com...

educate-yourself.org...

[edit on 16-2-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I had responded to the orignal news thread on this, with some supplementary info on dailam and its siginicance vis a vis the kurds and regional politics. That thread was shut down. I will add a post that i was about to add to that before it was shut down:

www.mehrbandar.com...
The port city of Dailam with an area of 2022 Sq Km is situatet in the northern eend of Bushehr province, and on account of its extent, it is considered as the seventh city of Bushehr province. This port city with a population of 2507 people is comprising of two central districts and bahrakan, two townships and four rural districts. The distance between this port city and province center is 197 Km. The mound and ruins of ancient Mahrooban port is located on te seacoast approx. 10 km of Bandare Dailam

www.khazaria.com...

Abraham ibn Daud of Toledo, Spain, in The Book of Tradition (1161):

"You will find the communities of Israel spread abroad... as far as Dailam and the river Itil where live Khazar peoples who became proselytes. The Khazar king Joseph sent a letter to Hasdai ibn-Shaprut and informed him that he and all his people followed the rabbinical faith. We have seen descendants of the Khazars in Toledo, students of the wise, and they have told us that the remnant of them is of the rabbinical belief."

www.angelfire.com...
The Buyids were leaders of the Daylamite people from the area southwest of the Caspian Sea. These hardy mountaineers had taken advantage of the prevailing anarchy to take over much of western Iran in 934, and they now moved into Iraq. Mu'izz ad-Dawlah established himself in Baghdad, but his regime never ruled over all of Iraq. In the capital itself there was always tension between the Daylamites and the Turks who had traditionally been the main military force.

Yikes, the more things change the more they stay the same in a way. Yeesh look at this from the same site:

there was further, often violent, tension between their supporters and the Sunnites, who were in the majority. Baghdad began to disintegrate into a number of small communities, each either Sunnite or Shi'ite and each with its own walls to protect it from its neighbours. Large areas, including much of the Round City of al-Mansur, fell into ruin. Further problems were caused by the loss of control of Al-Jazirah [...]Baghdad presented a picture of devastation in this period. Brigands maintained themselves by kidnapping and extortion, and disputes between the Sunnites and the Shi'ites became increasingly violent.

Only difference in a way is that the shi'ites are majority now whereas then they were the invading minority.

Here is an other news article releveant:

home.cogeco.ca...

Kurdish aspirations for a semi-autonomous Kurdistan within Iraq were given a strong fillip by Sunday's official election results, which gave the main Kurdish parties more than a quarter of the overall vote.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
apparently there is no explosion now

the tale keeps spinning!

Apparently it was Iranian in origin, maybe?!
Iran Military Confirms Explosion Was Building Work
Iranian military says no attack on Dailam

seekerof

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That seems to be the official word, and I doubt any more will come of this.

It's amazing to see the responses, but at least nobody claimed it was aliens!

In a country where the US is expected to attack any day now, any explosions are going to get headlines..however..

Don't the residents know there is a damn being built? Don't they know the difference between a missle and a fuel tank and nothing at all? If these eyewitness reports were flawed, why? Was it the witnesses, the media, the army?

Something still smells, I'll be keeping an eye out for more information, but I honestly think that's the last we'll hear about it for a while.

My unsubstantiated guess is still that the US was flying UAVs in the area, one got shot down by an Iranian jet and/or anti aircraft fire (hence the falling missle/fuel tank and reports of AA fire), and the Iranians are covering it up to insure they can recover the wreckage.

No way of knowing really. We all have our own opinions based on what meager evidence is available, but there's no way to be sure, what with all the disinformation floating around.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Don't the residents know there is a damn being built? Don't they know the difference between a missle and a fuel tank and nothing at all? If these eyewitness reports were flawed, why? Was it the witnesses, the media, the army?

Can't people in Iran get things wrong?

1. Residents here an explosion off in the distance
2. Residents think of Iraq and the sounds of the bombings
3. They start saying it must be bombs and say Oh yeah, we seen missiles. That must be what happened.
4. New agences pick up on the story and question Iran's government
5. Government says everything is fine. Probably accident or something.. we will look into it.
6. Members of AboveTopSecret start screaming "WAR" despite Iran's answer
7. Now we have other people buying into this and saying other nonsence even though its not even really a story anymore...its been solved.. it was nothing.

Story ends with kids scared out of their mind and it was really nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
IMO that a ground spec op was reconning a secret iranian base/lab and was discovered...and or destryed... (we have already admitted that we have been reconning iran for some time.)

other news articles point out that freindly fire has been heard in the area for several days... a spec op would explain the noise...

also, the iranians freely admitted at first that they had a plane in the area that dropped a fuel tank... maybe that fuel tank was really a bomb heading down the spec ops location....

if they had a secret lab/base... the iranians would cover this up as much as the US or israel would... and then the iranians would seek support behind the scenes from other middle east nations to help build a coalition of the "american haters"... to put opposing pressure on washington to get out of the country and leave them alone...

page one of the "If you are attacked by American secret Forces" handbook, probably states something like:
"After you locate and take reprisal action against illegal incursions into your country, blame any bomb/missle explosions on "dam building" or mining... so that escalation will occur at the attacked countrys option, not by public demand...

nahhh... probably just the aliens...

jhh

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If such an event happened outside where I live, my best guess would be gas line explosion, major train detrailment, or a transformer exploded. Since North Dakota averages about two of these events a year. But if it happened days or months after sept 11, then of course I am going to immediately assume it is terrorist related. Same would be true if a foreign nation threatened military action against the US.

So of course Iran is going to assume the worst in the current situation they are in. Hopefully such an event doesn't happen in Korea.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Its a good thing this turned out to be nothing, It had me spooked for a while, as I have been saying we need not attack Iran...at least I don't think so but I am not privy to all the facts either....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Its a good thing this turned out to be nothing, It had me spooked for a while, as I have been saying we need not attack Iran...at least I don't think so but I am not privy to all the facts either.... [/quote Dare you question the intentions of your president?!!
Nothing like having a loose cannon in the White House, huh?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just for you dgtempe. Enjoy.

Two Rogue States and One Dead Prime Minister

Btw, watch out for the 'source police'.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Seekerof, thank you for bringing me to the "light" I enjoyed it.

Source police?
I know, i must lie low for awhile...lest i be called a "liar"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join