It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking ! Iranian state TV reports large blast near city of Dailam and the plot thickens.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I hope this is not what I think it is, this could be bad news......

I hope there is another explanation and that no one was hurt...

BREAKING NEWS Iranian state TV reports large blast near city of Dailam. Details soon

Iranian State TV: Explosion in Area Near Nuke Plant

Report: Explosion Rocks Iran Province

An aircraft reportedly fired a missile near the southern city of Dailam in Iran on Wednesday as both Iran and Syria said they will unite against any challenges or threats to their nations' livelihoods.

Iranian state television reported that an unknown aircraft fired a missile in a deserted area near the southern city of Dailam in the Bushehr province, the location of a nuclear power plant. The network later said, however, that the explosion may have been caused by a fuel tank dropping from an Iranian plane.

"A powerful explosion was heard this morning on the outskirts of Dailam in the Bushehr province. Witnesses said that the missile was fired from an unknown plane 20 km [12 miles] from the city," Iran's Arabic language Al-Alam said, Reuters reported.
LINK TO FOX NEWS REPORT

Edit not sure why the links didnt work but I have one now...

[edit on 16-2-2005 by edsinger]

CNN Report..........

CNN) -- A blast was reported Wednesday near the southern port city of Dailam in Iran, Iranian state television reported.

The Associated
The Associated Press quoted Iranian state television reports that the explosion may have been caused by a fuel tank dropping from an Iranian plane.

Early reports by state television indicated witnesses claimed the blast was the result of a missile fired from a plane seen overhead.

Iran has a Russian-built nuclear plant in the Bushehr province, in which Dailam is located.

Officials at the Russian Embassy in Tehran told CNN in a phone interview there had been no explosion at the Bushehr nuclear plant.

U.S. officials said Wednesday they had no information about a blast in Iran but were checking on it.

"We've seen the reports and we're looking into it," White House spokesman Scott McClellan told Reuters

LINK TO CNN

[edit on 16-2-2005 by edsinger]

[edit on 16-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There was just an ALERT on this with three pages. I was reading the first page and the rest disappeared.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
there WAS a ATSNN thread about it a minute ago!
but it is gone now...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
edsinger the links you provided are not working.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Wow, Thats a bit strange isnt it? Just gone... There was nothing there to make a mod delete it...very strange!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Something weird is happening to these threads. Why are they disappearing and being mis-posted?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It was a false alarm.

It was just a fuel tank that fell off of an Iranian plane.

Reuters
DUBAI (Reuters) - A fuel tank falling from an Iranian plane could have caused an explosion in Iran's Bushehr province, where the country is building a nuclear power plant, Iran state television said on Wednesday.

"A local source said the explosion could have been the result of the falling of an empty fuel tank from an Iranian plane," Al-Alam said.

link   
I'm just as much in the dark as any of you.

link   
Yes, I noticed the same thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Probably just a fuel tank dropped from one of the aircraft..

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Maybe because it was a hoax! The same source (Iranian TV) that said it was a launched missile now says it may have been an accident involving a dropping fuel tank. Some may point out the "may have been" but if the story had said that from the beginning then the story wouldn't have been nearly as sensationalized. Hence, since the story was an "ALERT," it was deleted.

"just a 5000 lbs laser guided fuel tank fell off an airplane." Nothing to see here

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
perhaps a test of their nuclear warheads...

...no just kidding

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
or.......
someone blew up their nuclear facility, letting tons of radioactive matter out into the world, and the radioactive cloud is very quickly speading across the globe........they just don't want to panic us all...
doubt that one though....

really, I was enjoying reading that thread, what happened to it???

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
An Interior Ministery spokesman said "friendly fire" may have been the cause.

ahaha they will bomb it before us

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
or.......
someone blew up their nuclear facility, letting tons of radioactive matter out into the world, and the radioactive cloud is very quickly speading across the globe........they just don't want to panic us all...

Sweet! Great for us news-junkies -- a fresh dose of global panic followed by the chaser (radioactive oblivion). The permanent fix!

/We're such news junkies

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What is scarier is the assasination of the Lebonese former PM, and Syria's stance now with Iran. The both hate Isreal and the US. This is going to steamroll right out of control very very fast. You also have Russia and China building up for "excercises", so if we are battling on one front, maybe they take care of NK and we give them Tiawan for the trouble.

Are any arab or foriegn press carrying the story? Why would AAF be used if something 'fell' off a plane? Sounds like a load of retracted BS to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Iran, Syria 'form common front'

Iran and Syria say they are to form a common front to face challenges and threats from overseas.

"We are ready to help Syria on all grounds to confront threats," Iranian Vice-President Mohammad Reza Aref said after meeting Syrian PM Naji al-Otari.

Both countries are under intense US pressure, with Washington accusing Tehran of seeking nuclear weapons.

BBC

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
now,
what is going on here?
its a total confustion!

One report quoted witnesses as saying they saw a missile fired by a plane.

Another said it may have been caused by a fuel tank dropping from an Iranian plane in the region.

There were also reports of anti-aircraft fire and the sound of fighter sircraft in the region.

Russian workers at the Bushehr nuclear plant have reportedly said they have no knowledge of an explosion.

A spokesman for Iran's interior ministry said he could not confirm the reports that there had been an explosion in the area, nor confirm anti-aircraft fire.

friendly fire?

An Interior Ministery spokesman said "friendly fire" may have been the cause.

"We have no reason to say it's a hostile attack," he said.

"There is a big possibility that it was a friendly fire by mistake.

"Several such mistaken friendly fire has been reported there in recent days."

really, REALLY strange things going on....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What happened to the main thread about this??
nobody knows what caused this...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My last post to that "disappeared" thread was that Iran confirmed that a fuel tank dropped off of one of their OWN aircraft. The tanks are designed to be droppable.

It was an accident.

Hoax or accident or intentional act, there is no reason to delete the thread. Just lock it.

When I looked at my recent posts, the last one was supposedly under "Is This What It Looks Like?", which I never posted under, and which was basically an empty thread.

Mods/Admin, what is going on?

[edit on 16-2-2005 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join