It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Breaking ! Iranian state TV reports large blast near city of Dailam and the plot thickens.....

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well if Israel were to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran, now is a good time to do it.
After all, half of the U.S. armed forces are in the region.




posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Well if Israel were to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran, now is a good time to do it.
After all, half of the U.S. armed forces are in the region.


And it would be to easy to blame the US. Isreal uses many of the same weapons systems after-all!



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Well if Israel were to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran, now is a good time to do it.
After all, half of the U.S. armed forces are in the region.


exactly,
the iranians are abit too silent on this matter.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The proverbial Pandora's box has now opened please step inside.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yes, if this is indeed a US attack and Russia decides to step in... well, I prefer not to think about it.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
The proverbial Pandora's box has now opened please step inside.


The middle east is becoming dangerous now,
even more then before. The next couple of days will be interesting to watch



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Iran is just scared out of their minds right now. Expect odd behavior.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
Iran is just scared out of their minds right now. Expect odd behavior.


it seems there is a cover up taking place.
some many different reports keep coming up



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
It was a false alarm.

It was just a fuel tank that fell off of an Iranian plane.


Reuters
DUBAI (Reuters) - A fuel tank falling from an Iranian plane could have caused an explosion in Iran's Bushehr province, where the country is building a nuclear power plant, Iran state television said on Wednesday.

"A local source said the explosion could have been the result of the falling of an empty fuel tank from an Iranian plane," Al-Alam said.


Empty aux fuel tanks don't make a "powerful" explosion as was reported earlier. I would be surprised if an empty aux fuel tank made any explosion at all. The key words in your sentence is "may have caused". I doubt you will ever know what caused the explosion. First reports are the most accurate. First reports are out there in your face before the spin doctors weave their web of deception. Think Flight 800. Government spin doctors.

Chief



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
ah, the axis aligns itself, as do the allies. it appears the world drifts closer to war. i have stated all along iraq was but a stepping stone. syria, iran, they both shall fall. the armies of the free world are on the march again, and like dominoes, the enemies of freedom will fall.


This is what I've thought as well. I believe that Iraq is just a 'war base' for the U.S. and it's allies. When is the last time that a war has been fought on U.S. land? Iraq is just a 'stage drop' for U.S. (and Brittain) bases. It's taken us two years to ship our heavy artillary, move troops into place, and set up shop at the airports. I believe we've known about this war (WWIII?) for years, and Sadam was the easiest to topple and move into his space. (We figured this out after the three day Gulf War)

Iran is feeling the heat, Syria has Sadam's WMDs. This is it, folks. This is the war we've been planning for decades. I don't believe it will last very long. We've got some of the best 'war strategists' in the world. What we see and hear is propaganda, only what the 'strategists' want the insurgents to hear.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
exactly,
the iranians are abit too silent on this matter.


So, what is the difference between the silence because nothing happened and it was an accident and silence because..... im not sure what are you trying to say they are silent because they don't want people to know they were attacked?



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by andpau66
So, what is the difference between the silence because nothing happened and it was an accident and silence because..... im not sure what are you trying to say they are silent because they don't want people to know they were attacked?


could be to keep their citizens happy,
but to be honest, i really dont know what is going on now



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
ah, the axis aligns itself, as do the allies. it appears the world drifts closer to war. i have stated all along iraq was but a stepping stone. syria, iran, they both shall fall. the armies of the free world are on the march again, and like dominoes, the enemies of freedom will fall.


This is what I've thought as well. I believe that Iraq is just a 'war base' for the U.S. and it's allies. When is the last time that a war has been fought on U.S. land? Iraq is just a 'stage drop' for U.S. (and Brittain) bases. It's taken us two years to ship our heavy artillary, move troops into place, and set up shop at the airports. I believe we've known about this war (WWIII?) for years, and Sadam was the easiest to topple and move into his space. (We figured this out after the three day Gulf War)

Iran is feeling the heat, Syria has Sadam's WMDs. This is it, folks. This is the war we've been planning for decades. I don't believe it will last very long. We've got some of the best 'war strategists' in the world. What we see and hear is propaganda, only what the 'strategists' want the insurgents to hear.


Only one catch. Tens of thousands of US soldiers have been sent home or are coming home very soon (some of which have already served 2 tours out there). And recent reports show that new recruits are at an all time low. Who is going to fight this war?

brrrrrr....do you feel a draft in here? I do



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
they would probably be pretty darned quiet if we conned them into blowing their own facility and they contaminated the area, wouldn't they.....



just joking here, really........somewhat....



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Whoops, its all a mistake!!

clicky




The explosion which occured near a southern city in the Iranian province of Bushehr is reported to have been caused by construction work on a dam project.

Earlier reports on Iranian state television had suggested a missile had been fired from an aircraft near the port city of Dailam. A later report sugested the explosion had been caused by a falling fuel tank from an aircraft.

"We deny it," a spokesman said when asked about a report of an air attack on the southern port of Dailam. They declined to give any further details



[edit on 16-2-2005 by ridcully]



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well domestic draft boards and appeals boards will have all their seats filled by June, as per the orders passed down from the president. He's planning on a draft, and this time college won't get you out of it. They've also got a bill going through that would raise the cut off age from 26 to 34, to increase the number of recruitment targets. On top of all that, the border to Canada is tighter, and Canada has agreed not to harbor draft dodgers anymore.

All the pieces are in place for a draft, how can anyone deny the signs we are seeing?

Remember all the nonsense Bush spouted about Kerry and the draft? He planned on it all along, and in order to deflect criticism, he simply lied about it. I do feel a draft in here..I do.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I know one thing...the Bush Administration is not going to pull it forces from the Middle East when they are already established in the region.

It's cheaper to stay in the area.



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
offical statement is..

they were building a dam


So that cause a huge explosion?? what about the plane??



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   


Well domestic draft boards and appeals boards will have all their seats filled by June, as per the orders passed down from the president. He's planning on a draft, and this time college won't get you out of it. They've also got a bill going through that would raise the cut off age from 26 to 34, to increase the number of recruitment targets. On top of all that, the border to Canada is tighter, and Canada has agreed not to harbor draft dodgers anymore.


Wyrdone, what are the sources you base your statements on?



posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
They've also got a bill going through that would raise the cut off age from 26 to 34, to increase the number of recruitment targets.


Really? I just turned 27 in December 04, so I actually thought I was in the clear. Do you have any sources for this increase in draftee age?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join