It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough. Public massacres and school shootings must stop.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Oh paranoia, conspiracies and commies...
It makes kind of sense now

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: face23785

Is that the war weapon that can kill 17 children in the blink of an eye?

A school bus can kill 17 children in the blink of an eye too.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

The AR-15 is not the Honda Civic you showed in your picture. With a tiny legal add-on it can fire 900 rounds per minute. That sounds like a race car one chip-tuning away from becoming a beast.
45 rounds per minute.
Why exactly does any private household need a weapon like that?
I mean I get it, it's beautiful fascinating and prohibiting won't make it go away anyways.
But it seems a bit overkill, no?
Especially with children in the house.
Anyhoo..

Actually no it can't, but I realize you'd rather believe some anti-gun propaganda written by someone who has no idea what they're talking. And it actually makes a great home defense weapon because it's stable, accurate and easy to use.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Comparing accidents to murder.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes. I do have an agenda. I’m a grandmother. Hate me for it, I don’t care.

No, you're just bored at home waiting for your son to give you more spending money, so in the meantime you peruse these boards making ridiculous assertions you cannot factually backup in the name of partisanship. If you honestly believe that Republicans wanna kill children, then I wonder how you feel about democrats being for late term abortion, Since you're a grandmother and only think of the children..

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You are smart enough to know what they are coming for no matter how you word it.
Either way you say it ends up the same.
A bolt action rifle,pump shotgun and the revolver will be not infringed on to the extent the rest will now.
There will be a sponsorship program for the rest of the guns.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

All it takes is one unhinged school bus driver. what now?
edit on 15-2-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

A school bus driven into a crowd of kids could easily murder 17+. But only guns need to be banned because we need something to campaign on. But a bus isn't "designed" to kill, so who cares if anyone gets killed with one, right?
edit on 15 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Actually, that's not entirely accurate on a couple of fronts.

First, military ammunition under the Geneva convention is required to be full-metal-jacket (FMJ) ammunition, and this ammunition does not fragment.

Second, the 5.56mm NATO round is actually not designed to kill, it is designed to wound. In a battlefield environment a wounded enemy soldier ties up more enemy combatant resources (by a factor of 4) than a dead one.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

wow. why are you slurring momof3?? what a puss.

a poster a few pages back blamed democrats but you're ok with that I suppose.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So ignore my posts. You can get by with name calling on ats. But I won’t be intimidated or change.

Vote Blue. Such a pretty color.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

Saying Republicans wanna kill children by protecting a right, and blaming Democrats for infringing on that right are two different things knoxie. Take a chill pill.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

So ignore my posts. You can get by with name calling on ats. But I won’t be intimidated or change.

Vote Blue. Such a pretty color.

No, I'll continue to try to educate you. Maybe some day you'll grow up and be welcome to real information instead of propaganda. I doubt it, but we'll get nowhere on this issue as long as uninformed people like you are running around misleading people with false information. If you really want to save lives, you should open your mind to actually understanding the issue. Apparently, you don't though. Sad.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Second, the 5.56mm NATO round is actually not designed to kill, it is designed to wound. In a battlefield environment a wounded enemy soldier ties up more enemy combatant resources (by a factor of 4) than a dead one.

Well perhaps that little nugget of info should be used the next time someone takes one of these into the woods to get meat?

after researching i see that one or two states have addressed the use of the round being used in hunting.
edit on 15-2-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

I blamed Democrats for blocking a bill that would've closed some of the gaps in reporting of crime and mental illness data to NICS so it could actually work. They did do that, even CNN reported it. Can't we all agree that NICS is useless if proper data isn't loaded into it, regardless of party affiliation?
edit on 15 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   

Actually I’m sitting here waiting for my husband to wake up and make him lunch. Got my granddaughter off to school and very scared for her.

link   
a reply to: knoxie

What kind of mental illness? Because a majority are not a danger to themselves or others.

Anyone that is "incompetent" won't have their own power of attorney anyhow. Additionally, a driver license/ID is required for the 4473. So whether they have some mental illness or not, they're clearly functioning members of society.

Once again, 2A says nothing about mental illness. I make the concession with mentally ill who are dangerous to themself or others because of 30 years in law enforcement and seeing how well some people hide it until they just can't anymore.

Shouldn't you be worried about stopping the "mentally ill" from voting or driving a car, though? Those things kill far more people than guns ever possibly could. Especially voting.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Actually I’m sitting here waiting for my husband to wake up and make him lunch. Got my granddaughter off to school and very scared for her.

Idaho has a lot of school shootings does it?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I understand that

I'm sorry MOMof3, sorry for how heated and emotional this conversation got (OK so its an argument..)

I think everyone is feeling that vulnerability right now. I got 2 adult daughters myself, one has just been out of High School since last year. My oldest carries concealed, youngest not quite comfortable carrying all the time just yet

But we need to resist the urge to make knee-jerk decisions (especially legal ones) that will not only affect everyone now, but it will affect our future generations to come. And unless you envision criminals giving up their weapons, I wouldn't recommend advocating for a future without "weapons of war" to combat these criminals
edit on 2/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I’ve been in 4 car accidents and walked away. 17 children in a few seconds, just gone.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join