It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough. Public massacres and school shootings must stop.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: face23785

You you you.
I have never killed children but you would take a bullet for that murderer so he can buy war weapon.

Now you have to make things up because you've been presented with factual information you can't refute.

Why are you so viciously opposed to education? You are consistently the most uninformed poster on these forums.
edit on 15 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

you believe every single person should be given the privilege of owning a gun, even when they've been diagnosed with a mental illness?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Get ready for the clipless gun debate.
I have heard that will be the big push and not an outright ban of the ar platform but one would need a licensed sponsor to own clipped guns.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: JBurns

you believe every single person should be given the privilege of owning a gun, even when they've been diagnosed with a mental illness?

No one advocates for the mentally ill to be able to own a gun. Try sticking to the real world. I understand that puts you at a significant disadvantage but it's still best for all involved.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Exactly.

This "no child left behind" BS is exactly why public schools are dangerous and failing.

Time to invest public money in STUDENTS not school systems. More of these kids need to go to private schools, where they're statistically much more safer.

Let the liberals/communist sympathizers send their kids to the dangerous public schools they seem to love so much.

I thought this country wasn't dangerous, libs? So why not send them there? Why not let their kids wander around Chicago ghettos on their own? Because you know better, despite the BS nonsense they all spew

Fact: this country is a war zone. Weapons of war + armored vehicles are needed to protect yourself from criminals and communist terrorists like Cruz.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Enough is enough. Public massacres and school shootings must stop.

You want these shootings to stop? Tell your brat-ass children to stop bullying classmates they think are different.

What goes around comes around.

link   
a reply to: knoxie

Nope

Owning a gun isn't a privledge though. It is a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. Which is why this discussion is irrelevant.

The founders had mental illness (much worse actually) in their society too. Yet they didn't feel the need to include this.

However, as a personal matter, I do draw the line with mentally ill/CERTAIN felonies or DV CONVICTION (not charge/allegation/TPO)

link   

in the real world trump just made it easier for those with mental illness to carry.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This thread theme has come up every time since Columbine. The problem doesn’t lie with guns, it’s mental illness. Specifically, the over-medication of our youth by Big Pharma with drugs whose side effects are even having worse psychotic events. Ban Ritalin, Xanex, Zoloft, etc. before banning guns. It’s like banning JD and SoCo because a drunk driver kills someone.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes. I do have an agenda. I’m a grandmother. Hate me for it, I don’t care.

I don't hate you, but it begs the question;

Who is scarier?

The person with the gun?

Or the person who doesn't want you to have any?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Okay, let's get some terminology straight here...

First, it's not a "clip", it's a "magazine". And there is no such thing as a "clipped" gun.

With that out of the way, outlawing magazine fed firearms would eliminate both pistols and rifles, not just rifles. Plus, there are more magazine fed firearms in circulation than there are people, so eliminating them would only create a massive black market on them and would do nothing to eliminate crime using them.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

in the real world trump just made it easier for those with mental illness to carry.

Actually he reversed an overbearing regulation that called people who aren't mentally ill mentally ill. But I know that doesn't fit the narrative, so you go on telling your lies. I know how you people absolutely abhor being informed on this issue. If you were informed we might actually get somewhere, but then what would your masters campaign on?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Okay, let's get some terminology straight here...

First, it's not a "clip", it's a "magazine". And there is no such thing as a "clipped" gun.

With that out of the way, outlawing magazine fed firearms would eliminate both pistols and rifles, not just rifles. Plus, there are more magazine fed firearms in circulation than there are people, so eliminating them would only create a massive black market on them and would do nothing to eliminate crime using them.

Has the term "multi-clip magazine" been used in this thread yet? That one is my favorite.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Laughable.

Too many already in circulation. Too many patriots who will flat out ignore any gun laws.

Too easy to build/modify/convert/etc if you know what you're doing. If two million patriots do this, the poorly funded BATFE will have no way to enforce any federal gun laws. And many states have no prohibition on any weapons, so it'd be solely on the feds to enforce it

There's never been any support for gun control, minus very basic things like universal background checks. But WE have to be given access to NICS, instead of taking the gun to a FFL every single time and having to wait on them to process the transfer/pay for it. If they give private sellers access to NICS that would be acceptable but not otherwise. As far as further regulation or arbitrary banning of a specific class or design or style of weapon, no way.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The AR-15 is not the Honda Civic you showed in your picture. With a tiny legal add-on it can fire 900 rounds per minute. That sounds like a race car one chip-tuning away from becoming a beast.
45 rounds per minute.
Why exactly does any private household need a weapon like that?
I mean I get it, it's beautiful fascinating and prohibiting won't make it go away anyways.
But it seems a bit overkill, no?
Especially with children in the house.
Anyhoo..

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

This too

This wasn't the case in Florida, but it sure has been elsewhere.

Can't agree with that statement more, Lurker1

Bullys and smartasses need to get their a## beat again. That is part of the problem. It isn't "abuse" to beat your child's a## when they misbehave, talk back or do bad things. It IS child abuse to let your kids get away with it, and grow up being a self-entitled brat.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Once again... if the shooter had used a shotgun the death/maimed toll would have been much higher. The AR15 was never intended as a close range weapon.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Why exactly does any private household need a weapon like that?

Defense against attacker(s) and defense against government domestic invasion/tyranny or foreign invasion (since we are the unorganized militia)

Children? Who cares. Lock it up, or teach them proper gun safety. My daughters HAD their own rifles around 10 years old. Never had a single damn problem.

Guns aren't the problem. Brat kids with zero morals & self-entitlement along with very, very crappy parents (very bad parents) are the problem.

Far-left ideology was the problem in Florida. Communist BS.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The issue is that neither the GOP,DNC, or MSM are truly being honest nor trying to really address it. The solution will likely question the benefits of a materialistic and selfish driven society . Its far to complex to put the blame on one single issue and could impact our economic structure.

Hence both the GOP and the DNC politicized the issue and the MSM is more than happy to oblige. When that happens the publics puts on their freely provided headset and hyperfocus on the symptom of the real issue.

Guns is neither the issue nor the answer. We are too quick to provide the answers without looking deep into the real triggers, but we cant do that because it always becomes about guns for both sides.

The real issue is more likely related to several issue and not just a single one such as : mental health, societies priorities and pressure, family unit, intolerance of differences,etc

edit on 41228America/ChicagoThu, 15 Feb 2018 10:41:20 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Hell no, great points! The .223/5.56 is an anemic round that relies solely on fragmentation for damage on target

It is great if you need to hoof around a few hundred rounds in magazines. Otherwise, go with something in the .30 caliber range or a DD like a SBS
edit on 2/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join