It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough. Public massacres and school shootings must stop.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Konduit

If you have a society that needs to arm and train teachers then you have a broken society that more guns will never fix

but you give money to poor people thinking everyone will be close to equal

how does that work?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: DBCowboy

Vote out republicans who do not want to ban assault and war weapons. Vote out any blue or red politician that takes money from NRA. Unless they return it.

And how will that stop school shootings?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You don't read very well do you? The premise of my post is that people naively believe that by banning a particular item used as a weapon that somehow the root problem will go away. Despite your re-interpretation of my post, what I am actually saying is that there is a deeper problem that is being ignored. WHY are people doing this? Because guns exist? Guns have existed for centuries. This is a modern problem. My suggestion is that we stop focusing on the means and start focusing on the underlying cause. If we don't do that the problem will persist. Am I being clearer this time?

originally posted by: YeeHaw

originally posted by: jtma508
How many people could he have killed with the family car? With a propane bomb? With a machete? With a bunch of pool chemicals? There will be no hope of turning the tide on this problem until we fix the root of the problem.

So are you saying don't ban anything or ban everything. Is it really an all or nothing solution.

How about the fact that gun ownership cons FAR outweigh their pros. That owning a gun has been proven to increase the risk of death of your own family.

But no no, kept deflecting and worrying about cars and knives.

Item such as cars, pool chemicals and propane are considered necessary to society because of the OTHER use they serve. Guns don't have that luxury.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Vote out republicans who do not want to ban assault and war weapons. Vote out any blue or red politician that takes money from NRA. Unless they return it.

If I hang a NASCAR body on the frame of a Honda Civic, with a Honda Civic engine, transmission and suspension, it's going to look like a race car but it's never going to run like one, because mechanically it's still a Honda Civic. It will always be a Honda Civic no matter how many people say "It's a race car! It doesn't belong on the street!".

This gun is functionally the same as an AR-15, but you have no problem with it because it's not black and it doesn't look scary. All the makers of AR-15s do is take a wooden-stocked rifle and redesign it so it LOOKS

***NOTICE: LOOK HERE! LOOK HERE! A KEY WORD WAS JUST USED***

LOOKS like a military weapon to increase sales. You and the anti-gun extremists who misinformed you on this subject have fallen for a marketing gimmick, and you absolutely refuse to learn. You are making a conscious choice to remain ignorant. An AR-15 is not a weapon of war. It functions like any wooden-stocked semi-auto rifle. It will never, ever, ever be a military weapon, no matter how many uninformed simpletons say it's a weapon of war.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Oh absolutely DBC, I can't watch the news right now without getting pissed. The fact they immediately turn to guns is incredible, while apparently pretending his extremist far-left neo-liberal LIBERAL communist ideology played no role. Yet Dylan Roof's white supremacist leanings was the cause of his attack, right LIBERALS? RIGHT?

This is the result of run-away liberalism, and the VIOLENT AND DANGEROUS RHETORIC of elected Democrats.

He clearly hears enablers like Botox Pelosi or full of SH## Feinstein rhetoric as a call to action!

This is another example of communist ideology causing violence, subversion or death. Our ancestors knew how to handle communists and separatist revolutionaries. But if the liberals had their illogical way, we'd just blame/ban all guns and smother the killers with love/hugs/happiness. Total morons IMHO

The problem is the breakdown of civility, the breakdown of logic and the total destruction of morality.

Thanks a lot liberals. Hopetheir disgusting cultural/sexual revolution was worth it, you deviants. They ruined our country and destroyed an entire generation of young people by filling their heads with their lies. Every teacher that was unable to have a firearm at the school is the fault of liberals. Lives were lost so they could posture and VIRTUE SIGNAL. God they're repulsive people.

Blood. On. Their. Hands.
edit on 2/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'd be much more afraid of that .30 carbine than I'd ever be of a measly .223 (or 5.56x45 for nato spec barrels)

link   
a reply to: Violater1

Now that the dust has settled a few facts have come to light. The students and staff were aware of the shooter's troubled psyche. They were aware of his threats of violence. His social media accounts clearly highlighted him as a threat to society. Everything he did is already against the law as has been stated by others here ad nauseam. I feel like trained armed staff who can stop an active shooter is a good idea (preferably with non-lethal rounds), but is a reactionary measure and not preventative. We need to address the culture that creates young people who do not value human life. We need to convince people to report these warning signs and hold administrators and law enforcement to their responsibility to deal with them before the behavior escalates to murder. Just my two cents.
edit on 15-2-2018 by Hedbangking83 because: (no reason given)

link   

if someone raped you daughter I bet your first response would be to castrate the bastard. as would mine. lol
edit on 15-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It won’t. But it’s been proven in other countries it saves lives. Why are you asking the same old questions? And Facesitter called me stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

if someone raped you daughter I bet your first response would be to castrate the bastard. as would mine. lol

No.

I would shoot him until he was dead.

QED

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Is that the war weapon that can kill 17 children in the blink of an eye?
edit on 15-2-2018 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It won’t. But it’s been proven in other countries it saves lives. Why are you asking the same old questions? And Facesitter called me stupid.

So your solution to school shooting is to replace an ideology, ban guns even though you also claim that it won't stop school shootings.

Your not stupid, but you do have an obvious agenda.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

you might wanna simmer down.. trump has tweeted that we should report people with anger issues.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Yes. I do have an agenda. I’m a grandmother. Hate me for it, I don’t care.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Is that the war weapon that can kill 17 children in the blink of an eye?

You are part of the reason why nothing gets done. You are grossly uninformed and you refuse to learn. Every time you and people like you want to "do something", as soon as you open your mouth people stop listening to you because it's painfully obvious you don't know anything. A meaningful debate can't be had with someone who has no idea what they're talking about. You killed these kids by refusing to learn and allow meaningful debate. Keep it up.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

No, no no. Which countries? Ones like Canada? With 1/10th of our population?

Let me get this through your head.

There are dangerous and violent people, en masse, roving the streets of America.

We need the ABSOLUTE BEST weapons that will put those violent and dangerous people DOWN in a hurry. When you're in a defensive encounter, you need a weapon that will put the threat down ASAP. Not in 5 minutes. Not in 1 minute. Not in 30 seconds. but NOW

I don't know why I'm wasting my time with you or this discussion. It won't happen, the gun lobby will never support it and we'll just keep pumping money into the NRA-ILA and even more active pro-gun causes.

Sorry for the insult, but it is pretty damn stupid to blame guns when its clearly his ideology - communist leftist revolutionary that caused this.

And if you disagree, I ask you this: Why did Dylan Roof shoot up that church? Guns or ideology? You all blamed ideology when it happened... But, you know, he's a white male so of course its his ideology. But when this communist latino male shoots up a school? You people blame guns.

YOU PEOPLE truly disgust me.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Hedbangking83

As I said earlier, we need to stop giving everyone a medal for just showing up. Parents need to understand that their children are not "entitled" to be included in a group like school, it is a privilege, not a right.

Bottom line, this kid should have been permanently banned from attending that school. And frankly, if he hadn't been there...he wouldn't have been able to shoot anyone there.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

That's right!

KID MURDERING FAR-LEFTISTS

THEIR ANTI-GUN/GUN FREE wishful thinking has taken TOO MANY LIVES.

Gun control doesn't work. ALL Guns were totally unregulated before 1934, yet school shootings were extremely rare After NFA was passed, it made NO difference in the number and frequency of school shootings

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You you you.
I have never killed children but you would take a bullet for that murderer so he can buy war weapon.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Except in countries that have gun control and have higher rates of gun violence than we do. Statistics prove you wrong.

And now you're calling me names, just like I called you names? How does it feel to be no better than an "evil" bastard like me?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join