It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough. Public massacres and school shootings must stop.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Wardaddy454

are you actually implying that if you're pro-choice you don't care about children. oh god..

Only because Momof3 is implying that if you're pro-2nd you wanna kill children. Oh my..
edit on 15-2-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"Vote blue" isn't the answer anyway. People talk about how the Republicans "control" everything right now, even though they don't actually control the Senate because of the 60-vote filibuster rule. At one point in 2009, Democrats (with Independents caucusing with them) had a 60-vote supermajority in the Senate, along with control of the House and the White House. They literally could've passed anything they wanted, Republicans were powerless.

Did they do anything about this? No.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
-(i feel safest around more guns. always handled professionally and responsibly. the week i turned 18 i purchased my first).

-regarding "school shootings" and "massacre" shootings, almost always there is some type of false flag or government intelligence tie in. (sometimes people die, get hurt, and other times neither).
im always skeptical and patient when these "mass shooting" events unfold, often the inconsistencies soon stack up.

-things are already coming off as weird/odd in this FL shooting and it hasnt even been 24 hours yet.

-(lets take Vegas. its recent and is leaking of all kinds of shenanigans. other day coroner's report showed Paddock died day AFTER the night of the shooting. paddock we were told was supposedly police-DOA...we dont even have to get into saudi extraction/hit, alwaleed, regime change, numerous reporting inconsistencies, sketchy witnesses, flat out lying uncovered, CIA ties, Russia ties, gun running, brother silenced, market shares sold, undetected transport, surveillance malfunction etc ).

-so i dont even count these sketch/orchestrated/agenda based incidents as statistical occurrences.
(fear based control re-enforcement, circumstantial distraction, media block/tie up, data collection, response analytics, 2nd amendment de-construction etc)

-the media is the most powerful manipulation/control tool and its been in over drive like ive never seen the past 12-24 months, running all types of repetition based programming/brainwashing campaigns. mass/school shootings are definitely pushed hard including misrepresentation of statistics (suicides without injury/intent towards another, accidental misfire/non target weapon discharge, police solo discharge, weapon discharge outside of functional school hours (ex//: weekend)/shootings on campus by non-student (adult)/trespass weapon discharge...media loves to deceptively blow up numerical projections).

-ill never ever forget the day after the vegas shooting that pathetic fruitcake Jimmy Kimmel doing a terrible job of pretend crying (bad acting, no tears, instant fake emotional "flip")...he had the nerve to say while fake pouting "Americans need to give up their guns". that pissed me off. so much. every american should have been enthralled. and the rest slapped in the face and told "hey stupid, an agenda to encroach upon your freedom by removing your rights, just needs confirmation your in a state defenseless compliance"

-the U.S. is the most free, most open, has the best infrastructure, and is the greatest country ever (i came here 30 years ago from a 3rd world country, i've never visited the #-hole i came from even once).
its the rights we have that make this country the best. rights get trampled and taken over time. the foundation of the U.S. establishment is if forced, the ability to protect ourselves/existence, through the ability to arm and UNITE as its the ONLY direct check/balance between the people and the government. The world needs the U.S. to remain free and prosper as the U.S. in many ways is idolized in its various domains of existence. look at history and we repeatedly see power increasingly centralizes, corrupts, and unfortunately turns on the people, disarming them before betraying. if the second amendment goes so does all of western civilization as we know it, we are talking global collapse, 2nd amendment + UNITY is our rare bargaining chip (its why we get drilled by political, economical, social, ideological, racial, religious divisions --->conquer.)

*People who want stricter gun laws or gun bans:
-(if i shop lift, should you go to jail? if i get a DUI, should you lose your license? if i crash my car every few months, should your premium sky rocket?...why should myself or anyone else lose rights/freedom for demonstrating the actions of a law abiding citizen).
-criminals commit crimes with guns, that means criminals have records. therefore criminals DO NOT qualify to purchase a weapon (legally). yet they STILL get there hands on guns eeeasssily. and they ALWAYS will. the U.S. of any country is largest exporter of arms in the world, and even if it was not the accessibility would not change. $150 and 3 block walk you can find a heater that will never miss.

edit on 15-2-2018 by clfun12345 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2018 by clfun12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Exactly.

2A prevents autocrats like Putin from taking over.

And guess what lefties? If this government ever became tyrannical, guess who'd be coming to save the day? 2A citizen unorganized militas

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Not that I can recall at the moment.
Idahoans believe that along with freedoms come responsibility. First we teach the kids with an old fashioned .22 at about 8. I dont know anyone that put AR in their kids hands. This is followed with hunting and a kill. That’s the only meat for some, like the Nex Perce Indians. Idahoans raise well balance children because of outdoor sports and religion. We have good programs for troubled teenagers and criminal children.

Interesting, considering Idaho is a pretty red state. But vote blue.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I can agree with it. Supposedly the FBI had gotten a tip about this kid leaving a youtube comment saying "I wanna be a professional school shooter", and they did nothing. If its true then they must have been too busy with Russian Collusion investigating.

I wouldn't be surprised if true. The reality is our gov't and corporate business model is not concerned with actually addressing issues or providing effective measures that impacts the general public. Instead they just need to make it look like they provided a solution and the perception that they are actively doing something.

Our whole society is basically driven by BS where perception is more important than an actual solution.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Gimme three steps toward the door mister option is not there with assault weapons. No chance scares me.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I can agree with it. Supposedly the FBI had gotten a tip about this kid leaving a youtube comment saying "I wanna be a professional school shooter", and they did nothing. If its true then they must have been too busy with Russian Collusion investigating.

I wouldn't be surprised if true. The reality is our gov't and corporate business model is not concerned with actually addressing issues or providing effective measures that impacts the general public. Instead they just need to make it look like they provided a solution and the perception that they are actively doing something.

Our whole society is basically driven by BS where perception is more important than an actual solution.

Really LLE needs to be allowed to follow up on serious (in nature) online threats such as this.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

... We have good programs for troubled teenagers and criminal children.
a reply to: MOMof3

DING...DING...DING! We have a winner!

There's two important elements contained in your theme. First, troubled kids are recognized as such. And second, trouble makers are segregated and dealt with appropriately.

All of these things were apparently missed or ignored in this monster's case!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
my brother just texted a picture of a truck he's behind with a huge assault weapon sticker on it... our culture is messed up!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

My girls got their ruger 10/22 on their 10th bdays.

Never got to practice with my AR w/ drop-in auto sear installed (mine is automatic, thanks to RDIAS costs about 20k) until they were old enough to handle the muzzle rise of sustained automatic fire (15 for one, 17 for other). They shot it w/o the RDIAS until they got used to how it handled.

outdoor/hunting is very important. But so is self defense, home defense and national defense

edit on 2/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

my brother just texted a picture of a truck he's behind with a huge assault weapon sticker on it... our culture is messed up!

now pictures are bad???

wow

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No. Just vote blue. Particularly women. I would vote for Susan Collins. She cares about people. She is not hard headed and would find solutions.

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: howtonhawky

Well, for starters, who is going to be doing the 'sponsoring'?

And who is going to qualify them?

edit...and who is going to qualify the persons who qualify the qualifiers who qualify the sponsors. Rinse and repeat.

Let me ask you this.

Based on my responses in this thread would you sponsor me if such program existed?

As far as who would be doing the sponsoring that could be worked out.

One should have to show a level of knowledge and training above the average gun owner.

In other words we could have a program much like the nra training instructors.

To infringe less upon the 2nd actually anyone could be a sponsor but have it come with accountability.

To me the parameters of this could be worked out to where the next time a novice goes into buy a "multiple clipped gun"(lol) then they would be met with resistance and a path of advancement by means of education and training on the subject.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

No, it isn't.

Why aren't you focusing on the shooter's extremist political ideology?

You do realize that trolling the firearms community has the exact opposite effect, right? All you do is make pro-gun majority continue to be pro-gun majority. But keep on focusing on the tool instead of the ideology/PERSON.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

it's more the glorification.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

... We have good programs for troubled teenagers and criminal children.

DING...DING...DING! We have a winner!

There's two important elements contained in your theme. First, troubled kids are recognized as such. And second, trouble makers are segregated and dealt with appropriately.

All of these things were apparently missed or ignored in this monster's case!

It was Broward county, Debbie Washerman-Shultz's district after all..

Hopefully none of it was ignored in an effort to avoid the perception of racism.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Now this is actually a workable (not to mention GOOD) idea.

I am ALL FOR anything that increases education/accountability/etc

All of this can be done without banning any class of weapon or targeting all legal gun owners.

Training? Great. Universal background checks? Even better.

and IF that regulation isn't done by the FEDERAL government (who abuse their power too much) that'd be even better....

But great idea howton

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Why do you people love a fetus you can’t touch but when it’s human with physical needs, the love and courcern is gone. Did you know some of those babies are still lying on a cold floor away from their families. How can you be so non Chalant about these shootings? You cannot be an American.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

now pictures are bad???

wow

Yup. Knoxie or her brother don't even know the individual, but because of a sticker "muh culture is messed up!".

For all they know it could be a gun enthusiast that also volunteers at the local soup kitchen!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join