It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Not Release Minority Memo

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Logic says, Trump is just hiding something.

That is always a possibility. But there are more. For example,the Republicans on the Intel Community might be afraid of the coming (now present) blow back of not releasing whatever the Democrats want released. So instead, they vote to make themselves look good and leave the dirty work to Trump.

It's happened before.

I honestly don't know which is true, or if there's another explanation. I haven't seen the Schiff memo. I think the Schiff memo was deliberately written to include so much secret intelligence that Trump would have no real option other than to refuse to release it. Then, when he inevitably doesn't release it, the cries of "proof he's just another evil Republican!" begin... as has already happened in this very thread. The reason I think this is the explanation is, to be frank, the extreme hatred and Olympic-grade gymnastics used for the past year to find anything... absolutely anything, no matter how innocuous, no matter how ridiculous, no matter how difficult to spin, no matter how irrelevant, no matter how self-defeating, to try and make Trump look bad.

In their haste to destroy their intended target at all cost, the anti-Trump crowd has destroyed their credibility instead.

So here I set, trying to find the truth. On one hand, I have the official story which I have always been skeptical of. On the other hand I have the "Evil Trump!" crowd making allegations again, most of which are baseless or sometimes just laughable. It makes getting to the truth extremely difficult, to say the least. Willtell had it quite correct when he said, "We are at the lowest dregs of our civilization."

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Whats interesting, and why this is nothing more than Democrats playing politics to distract from the crimes of Democrats, is their reaction to this news.

1 - Dont fill the memo with names of sources and methods.
2 - Why have the Democrats failed to request a vote of the full House to override Trumps blocking of the memo?

Question #2 says it all in terms of Democrats play book.
edit on 10-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: KansasGirl

Here’s another case of Trump pro police
www.nbcnews.com...

Donald Trump Says Central Park Five Are Guilty, Despite DNA Evidence

Here’s another case of Trump pro police bias when its not geared towards him.

The famous Central part rape. A terrible crime.

Originally they convicted a bunch of black kids.
Later DNA found that they were innocent. Totally exonerating them
they have the guilty guy in jail now.

Trump at the time called for their death.

Donald Trump Says Central Park Five Are Guilty, Despite DNA Evidence Wading into a racially-charged case from his past, Donald Trump indicated that the "Central Park Five" were guilty, despite being officially exonerated by DNA evidence decades after a notorious 1989 rape case.

To this day trump still says they were guilty.

NYC paid them 41 million dollars because the DNA proved them innocent

Trump has always been super pro police law enforcement

So you think its ok for officials at the FBI and DOJ to break laws and perjure themselves because....Trump says the Central Park 5 are guilty?

No, I’m just proving the point that Trump’s concern for police actions is self serving BS

Intentions matter

Trump’s intentions here are not to expose official law enforcement crimes but to save his own skin

You know his INTENTIONS now, do you? So you can read minds?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Isn't it funny how those same concerns didn't strike him when it came to Nunes memo.

Thank you for proving my point in my last post.

There was no classified information in the Nunes memo. None. I read it. Please, please, just point out what was in the Nunes memo that was classified or even sensitive? I saw not one line, not one word, that informed me in the slightest as to methods used by the FBI or information obtained by the FBI relating to national security.

But you simply skipped over that and went straight for "Evil Trump!" Do you really expect me to take you seriously after that?

This ain't football, Silly. In football, that sort of thing is expected. After the Iron Bowl last year, I was saying things like, "I heard 'Bama is sending a team of technicians to Auburn to see if we can get their scoreboard fixed... it seems to not be working correctly." When Washington fell to the Tide the season before, I ragged a very good friend unmercifully about how sorry I was that we had to spank the "poor little puppy-dogs." That's football. It's fun. It's entertainment. The biggest effect it will have on anyone's life (outside of those actually playing) is whether they can rag others or they get ragged themselves.

We're discussing politics... national security. The result of a slip in national security could result in a terrorist attack... it could result in a loss of International status...it could result in another World War. That matters. That's serious. It would behoove you to take it seriously.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Trump concerned about security when his “ team “ can’t pass a security clearance after a year. We have just as much of a right to see classified info as they do.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

WH is saying that the Dems memo 'contains numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages' and when Trey Gowdy was interviewed last week he said that the 'Dems were smart enough to put information in the memo that would make it difficult for the WH to release'.

and color-me-blind - now, here we are.

The people in charge of our national security (that Trump appointed) told him the same exact thing about the one he released.

And what was so super secret and dangerous to release about that one?

because if an ally of the U.S. knows of an attack on the U.S.....they do not want their own spies killed by making the info and their names made public by our government.....

here's a conversation....
German spy to his government....I heard about an terrorist attack being planned for NY?

German government to spy....screw the U.S., they will blow your cover, we can't have your name and location compromised by them, we must protect our own country.

German spy to his government....hundreds might be killed
German government to spy....we will not risk your life, or our spy network, that would alert us to terror attacks on our own country that might kill hundreds or thousands of Germans....screw the U.S., we will protect Germans
edit on 10-2-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

@justinamash
Both the Republican and Democratic #FISA memos should be released. I’ve read both memos. Neither one endangers national security. The American people deserve the opportunity to read bot

Thank you for posting this^^^. It is what I've been suspecting all along. And not just in this situation. I've long felt that information the public needs to know is falsely linked to "national security" simply for the purpose of keeping it from the public. And both parties play this game. This time it may be the Dems, but it's been the Pubs in the past and will be again. It all needs to end. I don't trust either party to act in the best interests of the people. And especially when they're telling us they can't tell us for our own good.

Yeah, right.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Whats interesting, and why this is nothing more than Democrats playing politics to distract from the crimes of Democrats, is their reaction to this news.

1 - Dont fill the memo with names of sources and methods.
2 - Why have the Democrats failed to request a vote of the full House to override Trumps blocking of the memo?

Question #2 says it all in terms of Democrats play book.

the democrats memo is 10 pages....it took Trump 5 days to read a 4 pager and release it.....trump needs another 7 to 8 days to read a 10 pager.....plus, all those big words and full sentences, trump might need another 5 days for those

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

They first should go through and try to get the house to vote, before rewriting it.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Trump concerned about security when his “ team “ can’t pass a security clearance after a year. We have just as much of a right to see classified info as they do.

No, you don't.

No one has a right to see classified information, expect top government officials by virtue of their office. For example, Trump does not need a security clearance; he is the President. You could say the people granted him the ultimate security clearance.

There are also more than two security clearance statuses. No clearance simply means no security clearance has been applied for. When one applies for a security clearance, their status is then "pending." Once the review process is completed, a decision is made and the status is either "denied" (meaning they cannot have access to classified information) or confirmed and they have their security clearance.

A security clearance can only be applied for at the request of a government agency. You or I cannot apply for a security clearance. Most applications are for employees being hired or promoted, and it is common knowledge in my industry that a security clearance will take 6 months to complete if everything is perfect ad there are no foreign relationships whatsoever. I have heard of security clearances taking up to 5 years to obtain. It is a very thorough process, especially for upper security levels. If I were to be considered, every post I have ever made on ATS could be scrutinized... every person on my friends list on Facebook might be looked at... everyone I knew would likely have at least a phone call from the FBI. Every phone number that connected to my phone over the last several years would be considered, and if at all suspicious, those phone records could be analyzed as well.

That takes time. The more contacts, especially foreign contacts, a person has, the longer it takes. The less familiar a person is with the process, the longer it takes. Considering most of Trump's administration are businessmen rather than politicians, it is no surprise there are a record number of errors on the forms, and there are more contacts than normal to interview before making a decision.

I have actually written Congressmen about the issue of allowing individuals to apply when they entered an industry that uses security clearances regularly... of course, no answer (thank you Mo Brooks for talking down to me).

There is also an interim clearance that can be applied to those who are "pending" in order for them to do their job. "Interim" is typically reserved for top officials only and requires approval from top officials. According to CNN (of all people!), the officials in the Executive Branch who have not received a clearance are operating under an interim clearance. That means no one in the White House has been denied a security clearance.

But, hey, who needs credibility when one can just toss out baseless statements, eh? Keep up the good work.

TheRedneck

edit on 2/10/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That’s a lot of excuses and exceptions.
Signs of deception.
Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

They all have at least "temporary approvals" 😁

What's the problem ?

Is that illegal or something ? 🛎

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Actually, it's a lot of regulations. Regulations are good things, right?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

In securuty matters? Duh.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pale5218

excellent

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just like deficits, it doesn’t matter now.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

There was no classified information in the Nunes memo. None. I read it. Please, please, just point out what was in the Nunes memo that was classified or even sensitive? I saw not one line, not one word, that informed me in the slightest as to methods used by the FBI or information obtained by the FBI relating to national security.

Strange. I saw classified info in the Nunes memo.

I saw that "sources and methods" were revealed that we didn't know about.

The "secret" method revealed in the Nunes memo, is that the FBI knowingly uses "false and inaccurate" information, as a tool to get permission to go after and collect "true and accurate" information "to get their man."

This is just like undercover work. Where a detective pretends to be a crook to get close to the scene of a crime, to collect the factual information that would enable the law enforcers to make arrests. That detective has to lie to the crooks, and use all sorts of deceptions, as part of his "sources and methods" to get the work done.

In this case, what is revealed, is that the FBI doesn't only deceive the bad guys, they also deceive the good guys, like the judges, in order to carry out their schemes. The fact that they have to use deceptions on even the good guys in the game, is really "illuminating."

That is the top secret information that is now out.

What it also means, is that since the "judges" are now aware of this, the next time the FBI tries to use deceptions to enable their scheme, they will fail. The judge will tell the FBI he is not convinced, go get more evidence. The judges don't want to be "fooled" into agreeing to things, and "duped" into making unlawful judgement, and "abused" in this manner, by the FBI. The judges will simply not trust the FBI at all.

So, the FBI has lost the trust of the judges. Which is a "Yuge" deal. Since, they usually have to cooperate to get things done.

That's what everybody who opposed the release of any MEMOS were trying to avoid.

They were trying not to put more "frictions" in the system, that would "obstruct" the FBI and DOJ from doing their work.

Of course, Trumps whole argument is that these "sources and methods" were being used "against him", and he's a fighter. If you mess with Trump, you risk the collapse of all your precious "sources and methods", because he will fight you to the end of the earth. And Win.

Trump is basically telling the FBI and DOJ, to back off his case, since nobody in the game is a saint.

But, there are many saints out there, looking on.

So, we'll see how it all turns out in the end.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

In securuty matters? Duh.

Now you're getting confusing... it sounds like you think national security regulations are a good idea. But earlier, in response to an explanation of those regulations, you said this:

originally posted by: MOMof3

That’s a lot of excuses and exceptions.
Signs of deception.
Keep up the good work.

Now, which is it? Do you like the regulations on national security, or do you think they're just "excuses and exceptions"?

If I didn't know better, I would think you were actually arguing that security clearance restrictions are there to oppose political enemies and should be ignored when convenient. But you can't be arguing that position.

Right?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join