It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Not Release Minority Memo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No articles that I could find on it yet but it's being tweeted about by various reporters currently.

Mike Memoli of NBC News:

Mike Memoli‏ Verified account @mikememoli

WH counsel informs House Intel Cmte that @POTUS is unable to declassify the Dem rebuttal memo "at this time." Offering to make DOJ personnel available, "should the Committee wish to revise" the memo
7:47 PM - 9 Feb 2018

Josh Dawsey, WH reporter for WaPo:

Josh Dawsey‏ Verified account @jdawsey1

Trump will not approve of releasing Dem memo, per person with knowledge. Instead, he will tell legislators that memo needs changes before it could be released.

7:36 PM - 9 Feb 2018

ETA:

Chris Geidner, Legal/SCOTUS editor at Buzzfeed tweeted:

edit on 2018-2-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Minority Memo??

care to explain that?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
No articles that I could find on it yet but it's being tweeted about by various reporters currently.

Mike Memoli of NBC News:

Mike Memoli‏ Verified account @mikememoli

WH counsel informs House Intel Cmte that @POTUS is unable to declassify the Dem rebuttal memo "at this time." Offering to make DOJ personnel available, "should the Committee wish to revise" the memo
7:47 PM - 9 Feb 2018

Hmmm.

I will want to hear what the doj and FBi say about this.

Did they recomend it not be released, or did they give the go ahead and Trump vetoed them.

Either way, I am disappointed, as I would like to see it in a totally unredacted form.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

WH is saying that the Dems memo 'contains numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages' and when Trey Gowdy was interviewed last week he said that the 'Dems were smart enough to put information in the memo that would make it difficult for the WH to release'.

and color-me-blind - now, here we are.
edit on 9/2/2018 by Sublimecraft because: fat fingers

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Did we expect him to?

He's going to wait until he's super pressured, if at all; he's gotta milk the forced perspective as long as he can.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

About to update the OP with the letter from McGahn.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

WH is saying that the Dems memo 'contains numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages' and when Trey Gowdy was interviewed last week he said that the 'Dems were smart enough to put information in the memo that would make it difficult for the WH to release'.

The people in charge of our national security (that Trump appointed) told him the same exact thing about the one he released.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Did we expect him to?

He's going to wait until he's super pressured, if at all; he's gotta milk the forced perspective as long as he can.

Maybe.

But it turns out some of that forced perspective from the memos already released, Obamas state department giving steele info from Clinton aid Blumenthal that then got passed to the FBI, was absolutely true.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Fox is all over it.

I'm disappointed; I was looking forward to seeing the other side of the story. I'm not surprised, though, because I have been hearing rumors that the Schiff memo was full of information that really needed to stay classified for national security. The Nunes memo was not, even though I heard a lot of reporters saying it was before it was released.

It seems to me that either Schiff has purposely created a memo that could not be released in order to make the President look partisan, or he hates Trump so much that he refuses to listen to the concerns. In an adult world, I see no reason why the White House and the DNC can't sit down in a room and work out ways to release the information without giving out national security information. Too bad that doesn't seem applicable to the Washington DC world.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Did we expect him to?

I didn't and it was suggested that he definitely would because he knows how it would be spun if he didn't.

But, no....I did not expect him to. Not for a moment.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The people in charge of our national security (that Trump appointed) told him the same exact thing about the one he released.

BS.

We know leftist will take any opportunity to make Trump look bad.

This was to be expected though. Not our fault Dems purposely left critical elements within.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Dems were to do that.

That being said, I'd prefer if they redact what was necessary and release the rest of it rather than rejecting it altogether.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

BS.

We know leftist will take any opportunity to make Trump look bad.

This was to be expected though. Not our fault Dems purposely left critical elements within.

Lol. Ok. So the same warnings about the first one proved impotent yet we'll suddenly take the warnings about the second one seriously.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Clickbait title really Ante? The minortity memo has to go through the same vetting process as the majority memo. Of course Trump is not willing to just declassify anything he gets without letting the appropriate authorities checking it first. Yeah i know people apparently hate a president who abides by the laws. This is ridicilous.

edit on 9-2-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I doubt we'll get a statement from either the DOJ or FBI about any requested redactions. On the plus side, if you read the transcript from the HPSCI meeting of 2/5, they did vote unanimously to have all members of the HPSCI view the FISA warrant application. Also, there's some commentary on I think it was maybe 4 items from one of the majority members saying basically that redacting names in the first few cases would probably be sufficient and reworking another point would probably work.

I just flipped on CNN and apparently there's a marked up copy of the memo with the redactions they want that was sent back to the HPSCI.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Did we expect him to?

He cant. Read the post right above yours , R.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

He should have authorized the disclosure....all of it.

No redactions, no withholding.

With all the leaks to the press, who the heII honestly believes there is some *gasp* precious info that needs to be protected?

Please. Not shocked. He wants to appear the biggest hypocrite on earth.

Trump is just padding the partisan divide lie. I bet he texted Hillary with a winky face, this evening.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

And what was so super secret and dangerous to release about that one?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join