It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Not Release Minority Memo

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Sillyolme
So trump rubs his evil hands together saying "We got em. We got em red handed. Oh it's so bad" last week when he went and released the majority memo with classified information the justice dept and FBI said not to release. But this week when the information not included in the previous memo which may not show oh we got em proof that he can giggle over is offered in a attitude of fairness of course he says no.

Just keep insisting he has nothing to hide. Go ahead...

SillyOld, have you considered that perhaps the reason that the FBI and Justice Department didn't want Trump releasing the memo was because it contained information which showed them to be acting in ways that would implicate them in wrongdoing?

Not at all, because they approved the broader memo the democrats want relseased.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You blame every democrat for that?

Why would I. It is the Democrat leaders who are to blame. The same people who are still in office, because their base decided not to vote out corruption.

I want a president to be a fair person.

Exactly what has Trump not been fair about as far as his policies?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It'll be leaked by Tuesday.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump trolled the liberal media BIG TIME today! CNN and the other Anti-America MSM's were looking forward to the big release after President Trump told them that "a release" was coming today.

What was released? A LETTER! haha.

I LOVE IT!

Lol. That reminded me of the time he trolled the media that a big announcement was coming about his conclusion of Obama's birth certificate and spent most of the time talking about the newly opened Trump Hotel in Washington D.C. lol. I laughed so hard at that.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Keep in mind all the Republicans on that Intel Committee voted in favor of releasing the Democrat Memo.

↖️↗️

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Lol. That reminded me of the time he trolled the media that a big announcement was coming about his conclusion of Obama's birth certificate and spent most of the time talking about the newly opened Trump Hotel in Washington D.C. lol. I laughed so hard at that.

Becuase trolling the media is what the president, any president should be doing. Or how about not?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Keep in mind all the Republicans on that Intel Committee voted in favor of releasing the Democrat Memo.

↖️↗️

Trump is just flexing his muscle. It will get released when he wants it released.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman

Becuase trolling the media is what the president, any president should be doing. Or how about not?

He wasn't President when he did that. And yes. The President should have fun too. Especially concerning what you call the media. lol

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Fox is all over it.

I'm disappointed; I was looking forward to seeing the other side of the story. I'm not surprised, though, because I have been hearing rumors that the Schiff memo was full of information that really needed to stay classified for national security.

That doesn't work.

THAT is what we heard about the Nunes Memo (From the FBI) and it got released.

Rumors don't count. And this letter cites TRUMP vetoing, not DOJ or FBI that vetoed.

GOP in Congress OKed the release.

Not OK. You can't demand one Memo that DOJ/FBI said was classified to be released, and then accept another not being released AFTER GOP Congress releases, cuz Trump thinks it is classified?

Hypocrisy has bounds.

THIS IS FULL ON STATE RUN PROPAGANDA AT THIS STAGE.
edit on 9-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Of course Trump is not willing to just declassify anything he gets without letting the appropriate authorities checking it first.

Of course not!!!

oh...wait a minute..
Trump just revealed a covert CIA program — over Twitter
www.vox.com...

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
www.washingtonpost.com... /15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html

Trump retweets Fox News story containing classified info
www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Let's get real here folks. The WH has had the Minority memo since Monday night. They waited until Friday night to kick this back to the HPSCI deliberately. It'll be sometimes next week before anything is done. Then what? Does the HPSCI have to vote to send it back to the WH? If that's the case, it could be the next Monday before they vote. Then what? 5 more days?

So another two weeks maybe for something that could have been handled this week so that the Minority memo could be released within the same amount of time as the Nunes memo?

Hey I wanedt it released as much as the next guy.

In other news, any comment on the fact that Obamas state dept. official is now admitting he sent dirt from Hillarys team to steele to give to the FBI?

thats not just a partisan claim from a memo, thats a fact from the very state dept member who has admitted it.
edit on 9-2-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Off topic - but news to those of following closely.

Rachel Brand Resigned today.

She was #3 at Justice and the person who would step into Rosenstein's shoes over-seeing Mueller if Trump fired Rosenstein.
"A friend close to Brand told CNN she wasn't looking to leave and said she was offered the type of job you "don't turn down" at a fortune 500 company. "

Strangely she accepted a job with Wallmart, which is of course owned by Trump ally and Billionaire Sam Walton.

Something is brewing.

edit on 9-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
Strangely she accepted a job with Wallmart....

Only a being from another galaxy or dimension would misspell Walmart.

I'm on to you!

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nunes responds .........

Nunes Statement on Democrat Memo Washington, February 9, 2018

House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes issued the following statement today:

“Along with other Intelligence Committee Republicans, I had warned that the Democratic memo contains many sources and methods. Ranking Member Schiff pledged to seek the input of the Department of Justice and FBI regarding the memo’s public release, and it’s no surprise that these agencies recommended against publishing the memo without redactions. Intelligence Committee Republicans encourage the minority to accept the DOJ’s recommendations and make the appropriate technical changes and redactions so that no sources and methods are disclosed and their memo can be declassified as soon as possible.”

The letter sent to the Committee outlining the Intelligence Community’s concerns with the memo is here

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Fox is all over it.

I'm disappointed; I was looking forward to seeing the other side of the story. I'm not surprised, though, because I have been hearing rumors that the Schiff memo was full of information that really needed to stay classified for national security.

That doesn't work.

THAT is what we heard about the Nunes Memo (From the FBI) and it got released.

Rumors don't count. And this letter cites TRUMP vetoing, not DOJ or FBI that vetoed.

GOP in Congress OKed the release.

Not OK. You can't demand one Memo that DOJ/FBI said was classified to be released, and then accept another not being released AFTER GOP Congress releases, cuz Trump thinks it is classified?

Hypocrisy has bounds.

THIS IS FULL ON STATE RUN PROPAGANDA AT THIS STAGE.

On the first memo there were slight changes made at the request of the FBI (remember Little Shiff trying to stop it because of this) the FBI and DOJ felt small changes could not be made to this one and they are willing to help so the dems don't mess it up so badly this time.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Another thing I have thought about. How long did it take to get the first memo released? Did the opposing side fight against the release of it, citing National Security, and then kind of shrugged and said,"That is nothing." lol. I don't think they even know what the hell is going on in their own party. The democrat party is in shambles for lack of leadership. They can't yell some label at someone any longer and get the response they were hoping for. It just doesn't work any more.
edit on 9-2-2018 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

↖️↗️

Trump is just flexing his muscle. It will get released when he wants it released.

He sent the memo back to Schiff with, "Clean-up and Re-submit, little Adam!" written on a yellow post-it note.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

They (the DIMocrats) will be forced to focus on reality when the O.I.G. report comes out next month.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Nunes responds .........

Nunes Statement on Democrat Memo Washington, February 9, 2018

House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes issued the following statement today:

“Along with other Intelligence Committee Republicans, I had warned that the Democratic memo contains many sources and methods. Ranking Member Schiff pledged to seek the input of the Department of Justice and FBI regarding the memo’s public release, and it’s no surprise that these agencies recommended against publishing the memo without redactions. Intelligence Committee Republicans encourage the minority to accept the DOJ’s recommendations and make the appropriate technical changes and redactions so that no sources and methods are disclosed and their memo can be declassified as soon as possible.”

The letter sent to the Committee outlining the Intelligence Community’s concerns with the memo is here

This why Nunes wrote his memo. Cant refute it without classified info. Never mind the fact that FBI and DOJ were against Nunes' memo release and schiff got both to go over his and give approval...

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Here's the Democrats unclassified rebuttal to the Nunes Memo
msnbcmedia.msn.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join