It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Not Release Minority Memo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: theantediluvian

I wish it was released in it's full form.

I doubt there are any State secrets in it that our enemies don't already know about.

Why did the Democratic response memo have to have things that seemingly need to be kept Top Secret? You don't design a memo for public release that way, it makes me question motives.

Release it all and let the American Public be the judge.

What's the worse that could happen?

Because the way Nunes crafted his memo the only way to prove him wrong is with classified info. This is 100% political theater from the GOP.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The democrats plot here was revealed before it got to the Whitehouse.

No surprises here.

Meh

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: keenmachine

Trump is Goldfinger in the James Bond movie when he cheats at golf

That’s the kind of person you people are defending

The kind of guy who would kick one when their down…

Take a wallet of a man who fell sick in a subway

And this is the kind of character people defend!

It’s almost funny if it weren’t so despicable

just curious, you describe what you think of trump in great detail, how would you describe the opposing side? Are they good people? would they also kick one whether they were up or down? would they lie or deceive to get what they want? win at all costs? just curious?

I think your question is reasonable but we Americans shouldn’t treat each other like we treat our real enemies.

In other words, you're deflecting to something else and you aren't going to answer the questions.

edit on 9-2-2018 by KansasGirl because: Ihfilyf

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

@justinamash
Both the Republican and Democratic #FISA memos should be released. I’ve read both memos. Neither one endangers national security. The American people deserve the opportunity to read bot

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

what question is that

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
FYI, defenders of the government are shills.

Schiff "wisely" included the FBI's own "sources and methods" making it unclassifiable by default.

Well played.

a reply to: MotherMayEye

ETA: And the saddest part for me is...his supporters will hate me for saying that. Even though I have respect for them when Trump does not. Even though I have exposed more corruption than he has.

You should change that to an "ETR" (edit to remove). That kind of talk shouldn't be coming out of a sophisticated lady!

edit on 9-2-2018 by eisegesis because: NO-H8

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

@justinamash
Both the Republican and Democratic #FISA memos should be released. I’ve read both memos. Neither one endangers national security. The American people deserve the opportunity to read bot

As far as I am concerned the only person worth a damn in the house calls BS..

What makes you think he's worth a damn on security issues? I never heard of this guy, so I've been reading his Wikipedia page. His background is as a corporate lawyer. He has no expertise in national security, foreign affairs, or anything even related to that that I can see, and his voting record gives me the impression he has a serious lack of understanding of security issues.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: face23785
What a difference a week makes. Last week it was the Republican memo will compromise sources and methods. That was proven to be a blatant lie. This week it's sources and methods aren't important, Trump is hiding something.

Even though it was the ODNI that said not to release it.

I just want to see all the memos and all the evidence behind the memos.

If we are paying for them to view evidence and write memos of the oversight variety....I would like to see all of that.

I mean...imagine being able to see ALL the truth instead of selected pieces. We could learn so much about so many at the top of the federal government.

"Arm the people with information!" Maybe all of them are in "collusion?" Hiding behind national security is disgusting if they are.

I think the People need to demand to see the memo AND all the evidence.

Enough f*cking around.

I don't want to see any memos, I'd rather see the information the memos are based on without having preconceptions written by politicians. I'm all for them trying to go through the process to declassify the applications themselves. I doubt we'll be able to see all the evidence, some of it is going to remain classified.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh. So you're ok with corruption and lying and illegal activity at the highest levels of our public institutions because, in your opinion, the guy you don't like is the one who started the process for these crimes being exposed to the American public?

Mommy, HE started it!

And you're also ok with these crimes because hey, law enforcement has "always been a dirty business?"

Good lord, man.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: luthier

@justinamash

As far as I am concerned the only person worth a damn in the house calls BS..

What makes you think he's worth a damn on security issues? I never heard of this guy, so I've been reading his Wikipedia page. His background is as a corporate lawyer. He has no expertise in national security, foreign affairs, or anything even related to that that I can see, and his voting record gives me the impression he has a serious lack of understanding of security issues.

Sure. If you support a neoconservative national security position I can understand your position.

However, he supports the 4th amendment and has expressed constant concern over the same issues that are popping up now and did during John ashcroft as well.

Maybe you just don't know politics that well.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

what question is that

She asked you about 5 differnt questions. Do you even READ the posts to which you are replying?

So again no, you aren't going to answer the questions (even though you said you think they are fair questions!), you just aren't brave enough to say it straight-up.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

No surprises here.

Meh

The whole thing was a Republican plot from the jump. Who started memo madness again? What was the purpose of the Nunes memo but political theater?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
That kind of talk shouldn't be coming out of a sophisticated lady!

I'm not sophisticated enough to not have needed that.

Thank you, eisegesis.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Give me a break about trump giving a dam about exposing anything!

You believe that you believe in the tooth fairy

Trump is all fine with law enforcement tactics that murder people he’s made clear many times.

He's only interested in challenging law enforcement when it goes after him

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I want to see how the oversight works, too. The memos and the evidence behind them can tell us a lot about Congress and our two parties.

I think it's in the interest of national security that we see all the memos and all the evidence.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I don't want to see any memos, I'd rather see the information the memos are based on without having preconceptions written by politicians. I'm all for them trying to go through the process to declassify the applications themselves. I doubt we'll be able to see all the evidence, some of it is going to remain classified.

Which is why no memos should have been released in the first place. There's no real point to it but politics. It doesn't have any bearing on the oversight processes, disciplinary actions at the DOJ/FBI or any potential legal proceedings.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: ausername

No surprises here.

Meh

The whole thing was a Republican plot from the jump. Who started memo madness again? What was the purpose of the Nunes memo but political theater?

One could argue that the memo was an effort to inform the American people about some of the ways our taxpayer dollars are being spent, I.e. the actions of some of the officials whose salaries we pay. Comey, McCabe, and a whole host of others.

You don't want to know what all these people are up to? The FBI and DOJ are supposed to do their jobs without favoring one party over the other- the are supposed to uphold the rule of law and apply justice. So, you can't use the argument that those guys are bad because they are "Republican" can you?

So why DON'T you want to know what's going on behind closed doors, on our dime?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

what question is that

She asked you about 5 differnt questions. Do you even READ the posts to which you are replying?

So again no, you aren't going to answer the questions (even though you said you think they are fair questions!), you just aren't brave enough to say it straight-up.

U.S. police chiefs blast Trump for endorsing ‘police brutality’

Police leaders across the country moved quickly to distance themselves from — or to outright condemn — President Trump’s statements about “roughing up” people who’ve been arrested. The swift public denunciations came as departments are under intense pressure to stamp out brutality and excessive force that can erode the relationship between officers and the people they police — and cost police chiefs their jobs.

Trump Pardons Joe Arpaio, Who Became Face of Crackdown on Illegal Immigration

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Friday pardoned Joe Arpaio, the former Arizona sheriff whose aggressive efforts to hunt down and detain undocumented immigrants made him a national symbol of the divisive politics of immigration and earned him a criminal contempt conviction.

In a two-paragraph statement, the White House said that Mr. Arpaio gave “years of admirable service to our nation” and called him a “worthy candidate for a presidential pardon.”

Mr. Trump called Mr. Arpaio “an American patriot” in a tweet later Friday. “He kept Arizona safe!” the president said.

Trump only cares about what law enforcement does to him

Any other brutality and injustice done to ordinary citizens he supports that kind of action

link   

edit on 292018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Of course.
Revise and try again. They mean ...take out the intelligence that incriminate trump and we'll consider it.
I cannot say that I'm surprised.
Truth fairness and accuracy are completely foreign concepts to that man.
edit on 292018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join