It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Not Release Minority Memo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Grassley already destroyed the Schiff memo without even trying.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
This was not to be unexpected.

And, yet, when I suggested he might not release it, on ATS....not one star.

I was scoffed at.

"Of course he's going to authorize the release. He would never make an ass of himself and his good-hearted supporters. He knows how Democrats would spin it."

Trump. Is. Mean.

...to his supporters. He is a gem to Democrats.

The evidence is in front of our faces....and it's not 'accidental.'

ETA: And the saddest part for me is...his supporters will hate me for saying that. Even though I have respect for them when Trump does not. Even though I have exposed more corruption than he has.

edit on 2/9/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think I found an unredacted copy of the Dems memo here...

Minority Democrats House.Gov

Spoiler Alert

Muh Russia

edit on 9-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If the dems really wanted their memo read they would have made sure it was safe. (Especially after how they acted over the other memo)

They set Trump up....and here we are.

I believe the first memo would have liked to read the second. If the dems are serious they will rewrite and resubmit.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I suspect I'm blocked by half the people you follow on Twitter.

That said, Byron York is right in that the Minority did ask to have the DOJ/FBI involved in the process and for them to request any changes and note that they were requesting them.

It could go either way. Generally speaking, the DOJ/FBI don't want anything like this released. Recall the FBI statement about the Nunes memo? So they could actually request redaction of names of people in the FBI/DOJ and just about anything else.

On the other hand, I read the transcript from the Monday meeting of HPSCI (released today) and based on some statements from one of the Majority members (I don't recall which off the top of my head), he seemed to be saying that it wouldn't require major reworking. I'll track that down.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

God I love having an honest President who puts National Security above politics.

Are you kidding, this is not the act of an honest man but one of a thief who gets away with a crime and double downs on it with an unfair act to the opposition

What happened to the American sense of fair play?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
I think I found an unredacted copy of the Dems memo here...

Minority Democrats House.Gov

Spoiler Alert

Muh Russia

Your link is broken....

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Thank you MME,

Fixed.

This is important in that who this letter was sent to - James Comey
and the date is also important.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So Trump, for his own self interest gets to open of Pandora's box and then closes it for others who want to defend themselves and the FBI from the charges in the Nunes memo

Is that fair, right or just...?

This is the bottom of the moral barrel. Has this man no shame. At long last, has he any sense of fairness, finally.

Apparently not...

We are at the lowest dregs of our civilization

edit on 9-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

How about asking the FBI and DOJ about fair play? We waited over a week for the release of the majority memo. Don't get your panties in a bunch because the other side will have to be patient as well. Your panic is quite amusing.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Why would Trump help his opposition? They opposed what he ate, what he drank, even his desert. lol. Of course he is not going to help them.

Does that mean something is in the memo that will implicate Trump in some manner? Who knows, it could be the exposure of the republican side of the FBI. There is a war going on.
edit on 9-2-2018 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Here you go.

Document: Transcript of HPSCI Vote to Release the Democratic Memo (pg 12 in doc)

MR. HURD: There is a mention with a meeting with a source outside of the country. I believe that can be fixed by not revealing the location. There is a reference to an independent source of the FBI that can be revelatory. But I think, again, not changing the point that is trying to be made it would not be something that someone would be able to understand where that came. And there are two references to FBl's capabilities, and I believe, again, without changing the points that you are trying to make, that can be revealed -- reviewed, or changed. And so I hope that the ranking member -- I know it matters -- I spent some time with you over the weekend, I know it matters to you making sure we are not revealing sources and methods that could impact Federal law enforcement

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It was a mocking joke

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That's a letter to James Comey from 2016 and it's the wrong committee.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Wow you sound really desperate for something that confirms your bias towards Trump. Kinda sad. Read the Grassley memo and the Nunes Charge memo. Open your eyes because you have been being played for a very long time.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

No it just means that Schiffty and his pals put classified information in it to trap Trump because he can't release it for now. It has go through the vetting process first. Seriously did Obama just wave his hand and the american people forgot about all laws and rules?

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Trump is Goldfinger in the James Bond movie when he cheats at golf

That’s the kind of person you people are defending

The kind of guy who would kick one when their down…

Take a wallet of a man who fell sick in a subway

And this is the kind of character people defend!

It’s almost funny if it weren’t so despicable

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Wow you sound really desperate for something that confirms your bias towards Trump. Kinda sad. Read the Grassley memo and the Nunes Charge memo. Open your eyes because you have been being played for a very long time.

If you cant see what kind of person trump is then you're not seeing too well

You admire someone with no moral character. One with the moral character of a criminal

he even admitted if he murdered someone on fifth avenue you people would somehow find a way to defend him

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

If the dems really wanted their memo read they would have made sure it was safe. (Especially after how they acted over the other memo)

They set Trump up....and here we are.

I believe the first memo would have liked to read the second. If the dems are serious they will rewrite and resubmit.

The whole point of the Nunes memo was that it couldnt be refuted without releasing classified info. This is exactly what Nunes and the WH wanted.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Grassley already destroyed the Schiff memo without even trying.

And NUNES is now demanding the transcripts of what the Obama Administration TOLD the FISA Judge, and his/her response each time the SPY Warrant was approved.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Probably lies and ommissions in the FISA request document, and from the mouth of the Obama official speaking to the judge at the hearing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join