It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX Falcon Heavy: The Landing with 2 Sonic Booms. Simply awesome.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Thank you. I did my best to lower myself to your level.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I agree. Pressure to meet deadlines, in this and other industries, can have adverse affects. Often safety takes the hit. I suppose it's the nature of the beast when money is in play. Same today as decades ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Have u ever met an astronaut?
I play golf each week with one...
If u know one, ask them how they feel about NASA’s current state.

-Chris

I talked to astronauts in space on a shuttle mission! When I was 12 after getting my radio license omygeard! I'm the expert dontchyaknow??

Hahaha..
I was in the Army therefore you can't talk about rifles to me. The m16 is the greatest weapon ever created.
Have you ever talked to somone in the army? I do everyday.

LOL would have been funnier if you weren't so old, but it's almost sad your immaturity.

Know what else is sad?

I almost cried watching those rockets land. I'm not entirely sure what hit me so hard about it. Something deep inside me was moved. I'm inspired for the first time in many moons.

Your appeal to authority argument is luda chris.
You are emotionally damaged at somone else's achievements. What do the kids say these days? Jelly??

Howabout this.
Let's look at the data?

I just watched the first and only rocket in my life time capable of putting woman on the moon freaking land after boosting main patlyload..

What are you confused about?

Talk about triggered hahaha.

Omg and then I realized what your ats handle says and I burst out laughing again. Chris testosterone?
It's too much.

If you think I'm being mean I am, but it's only to help I swear.

edit on 9-2-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great job on missing the entire planet of Mars, SpaceX...
Y’all must be so proud...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

And how many times has your great and amazing NASA screwed up trying to land on Mars?

And let's not forget this gem by them, after years of experience sending probes into space.

www.wired.com...

edit on 2/9/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You must be proud...
Call me when they send men into space..

Let’s just pray to jeebus they never send men to to the asteroid belt instead of mars...

Great job, SpaceX

-Chris

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Counting all government space agencies there have been 47 Mars missions attempted. Of those, 26 were complete failures, either of the launch or the spacecraft itself, 4 were partial failures, and 2 managed to achieve most of the planned goals.

And you're going to sit here bitching because they failed on their first attempt ever? Get off your high horse already. No one does things perfectly in space every time, let alone the first time.

Your attitude is hysterical. NASA has had so many failures and screw ups that it's not funny, but you'd think they did everything perfect from the first time and every time. I guess if you aren't absolutely prefect at everything when it comes to space you're a total failure.

Oh wait.....

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

And y’all are 0 for 1.
So congrats...
At this rate y’all can beat the beet munching communists in failure rates re the red planet...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

They weren't actually trying to go into orbit around Mars. They were going into a heliocentric orbit near Mars. But it doesn't matter, because the main part of the mission was the test of the rocket, which was a total success. Putting a car into orbit near Mars was not an important part of the mission. God it must be nice to sit on your high horse and be so arrogant, and think NASA is God.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You consider the third stage a success?
You know, the one that sent them on the wrong trajectory to the asteroid belt...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The third stage getting into a successful heliocentric orbit wasn't part of the test. The test was getting the stage into orbit without the rocket exploding. Elon Musk made the decision to try to send a car into a heliocentric orbit, since they had to send a payload up anyway. The only thing being tested was the actual Falcon Heavy.

Funny how you totally ignore NASA failures, but are all over SpaceX failing something that wasn't even part of the test.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I would bet I was a lot closer to nasa failures than you...

How you can be so taken with a freaking car and GoPro??

I mean Jesus dude...this is sad

We went to the effing moon.
We operated the space shuttle...

Parlor tricks (mannequin in a stupid car) was more sensibilities-wise a fit for the dog murdering communists...

-Chris

edit on 9-2-2018 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Because, unlike NASA, SpaceX is actually launching things into space. And doing it without being millions of dollars over budget most of the time. If we want to go into space NASA certainly isn't going to be sending anyone up there.

A Falcon Heavy launch is expected to cost around $90M, with a Falcon 9 single booster running $60M. It cost around $500M to develop the Heavy, using private funding.

Now compare that to the NASA SLS. They began development in 2011, and the first flight has slipped to 2019 now, with a crewed test in 2022. NASA estimated that it would cost $18B through 2017, and estimates for total development are somewhere around $30B. Each launch is estimated at $1B.

And meanwhile SpaceX is developing the BFR, and estimating they can do the first orbital flight within 5 years.

Why WOULDN'T you be excited by this?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I would bet I was a lot closer to nasa failures than you...

How you can be so taken with a freaking car and GoPro??

I mean Jesus dude...this is sad

We went to the effing moon.
We operated the space shuttle...

Parlor tricks (mannequin in a stupid car) was more sensibilities-wise a fit for the dog murdering communists...

-Chris

That Tesla already has better mileage than any Prius...

Ever.

edit on 10-2-2018 by madmac5150 because: Ever.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The side boosters landing impressed me more than the launch and more than the roadster in space. It was damn near incredible to me.

It reminds us of dreams as a child, I think.

It impacted me emotionally.

Seeing it happen for the first time was witnessing a leap to the future in my own world.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Jungian
That looks pretty cool. When did they send them up. Or is this about that car they sent in near orbit that everybody is talking about?

Looks pretty dam cool either way. Always miss things like this. Isn't it customary just to you know let them burn up on orbit or something? it almost looks like a launch played in reverse, they way they landed. To bad there are so few vids of more closer up action.

Or at least that I seen. Though it would not be prudent to be to close, those sonic booms would sake things up or anybody trying to film it from close up alone, probably blow them along like leaves caught in a gust if they get to close to said action.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

You must be proud...
Call me when they send men into space..

Let’s just pray to jeebus they never send men to to the asteroid belt instead of mars...

Great job, SpaceX

-Chris

You are a child.

Let's remember history.

These guys likely walked on the same paths/sidewalks/roads as me.. They trained here.. And NASA killed them if you want to say it like that.
There is audio if you want to hear people being burned to death. (Not included here)

Apollo1.. Not Gemini 1...

I've never seen NASA re use entire rockets they landed. I've never seen space x kill anyone.

I like both NASA and space x.

You are biased.

NASA kills people, and started with nazis!

That's a joke but..... (truth)

Seriously, that launch and those landings took my breath away. I can't describe what that did to my inner being. I made my mom watch as I was at her house and after that, we watched apollo 11 for 2 hours.

Tu estas defacil no?

edit on 10-2-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I missed those videos thanks for posting this, watching the landing gave me goose bumps. What an accomplishment it makes me think their might still be hope for humanity.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: animatorsteve

let us face facts..these rocket programs are basically 100 year old tech..or worse.

It is obvious something else entirely should be explored.

Feels like we are being played for fools by billionaires with toys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join