It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bumpy Ride Ahead? US Stocks Finally Down - DOW Down 360+ Points

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: intrptr

It's a weird one, if your money is in a Bank it's not yours its the Banks. If I have a silver denarii in my pocket, I am free to trade at my leisure. The actual physical money has value. A paper note is an illusion of wealth, these days with many Caveats. Its the bail in laws which are a big red flag. Once a Bank just held your wealth for a small fee, now they have garnished it.

how much gold and silver should all the home and car buyers have lying around?......if you're a company that needs to buy heavy equipment, how many millions in gold or silver would you physically have lying around?.....trillions in US dollars float around this world on a daily basis.....would ALL EMPLOYERS have to have caches of gold and silver ducats lying around to be physically given out each payday?.....to tens or hundreds of thousands of employees?.....my un-asked-for advice, read a few books about the booms and busts during 1800's America, regarding this very issue.
edit on 1-2-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

No all you need is an honest exchange to keep it in, and issue the notes backed by what you have in the exchange.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

DOW down almost 700 points today, but it's not even a 3% correction. VIX is up as well. Hmmmm

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

If the bleed off in Bonds continue Monday, this is it folks ,first a deflationary spike with Gold and Silver and oil going down, then ask where is all the cash gonna go?. Since all the world markets are down, and a reported bank run in China. Were in for an interesting week.

edit on 2-2-2018 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

If the bleed off in Bonds continue Monday, this is it folks ,first a deflationary spike with Gold and Silver and oil going down, then ask where is all the cash gonna go?. Since all the world markets are down, and a reported bank run in China. Were in for an interesting week.

Yeah, this has potential. DOW 24,200 is the short term technical support low, so as long as it doesn't drop below that in the next couple of weeks, this is still a fairly mundane correction. I think (hope) we're seeing the selloffs coming from investors who tried to outsmart Apple and Amazon and shorted them, only to be sorely disappointed by both beating expectations yesterday.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Weird, isn't it? We are in unknown territory where massive point drops that rank in the top 10 all time largest sell offs barely even register as blips on the radar in terms of largest percentage declines. 10 years ago we were seeing 7-8% single day drops with 10% gains a couple days later... today that would equate to a 2,000 point single day sell off and a 2,300 point gain.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think that everyone knows that the market is way over what it should be, but it defies gravity and keeps on rising, it has to be this way to prepare for a reset. The Banks are buying and controlling the price of gold/silver, So they can get it cheap. Since as far as Silver is concerned all available world silver supplies, are now bought up. It doesn't make much sense to delay the inevitable. This explains the inevitable unescapable way it has to be.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I wish I better understood technicals. How did you find that DOW 24,200 is the technical support low?

DOW 24,200 is the short term technical support low

Thanks for the wisdom burdman - always learning more from intelligent ATSers

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
understand.... the DOW 666 daily drop & 1040 weekly drop... was not from financial news (although the talking-heads insist that bond rate increases and unexpected lower earnings by several high tech mega Stocks are the cause

no, imo, the market contraction is the early response to a Constitutional Crisis Development... and the
Uncertainty
such a Crisis of Purging the DOJ-FBI-State Dept of treasonous actions by cliques of individuals within those Agencies & Departments....
Along with the potential Chaos that holdovers (AKA: deep state actors) from the Obama regime can unleash within their areas of dominance...

this market devaluation is about Government Disruption ahead, & the fear of many things that might result from greater government restrictions on the economic factors of the economy & corporations & individuals ability to trade in general

even the Globalists might have a hand in last weeks devaluation, even causing the FANG stocks to alter accounting procedures so that lower reported earnings are announced for the high flying corporations with 100s of Billions in earnings suddenly ~not there anymore~ thus lowering their Stock Market value from 55 X earnings to the reasonable 'norm' of 16-18 X earnings

the Globalists are not doing anyone a favor by these actions--- but are shaking out the weak speculators in both the equity markets and the Crypto Coins Futures (now below $10K)..... the deep state actors & globalists are behind It All,

Trump's heavy footsteps will continue to bring greater distress on the masses/economy/social-order in Retaliation...
don't believe me, But Do think about the DOW being harpooned because of the speech content with the SOTU/GITMO/the tax makeover which released 'Trickle Down' bonuses to many individals in a wide swath of businesses---> And Of Course The MEMO release

watch events unfold (read between the lines) & prepare best u can is my advice

edit on rd28151768108303042018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on rd28151768128803082018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
now, the markets downward trend is not just the reaction to the memo... or even the continued retaliation from the Globalist puppet masters who use the TBTF Banks & PPT of market manipulators to do real damage to the Trump 'pride-&-Joy' ~ which is his forever rising stock market fantasy and taking full claim

what's not being addressed is that even as the Globalist led take-down of the DOW Average was playing out...
that other items were exerting control (or loss-of-control)....

for instance the public and financial houses were all starting to factor in the decreasing or possible total absence of continuing money injections into the Markets disguised as Quantative Easing...
so some 40-80 BILLION per month are not injected into the geometric growth of the DOW any longer---

in fact the Federal Reserve is entering a phase of Reverse Quantitive Easing where the Fed is covertly selling their secretive holding in the Stock Market in an effort to repair their $4 TRILLION negative Balance Sheet

Wow, this explanation could be very complex so I will present the factoids in sequential posts so that the full nature of the problem is brought into the light

but for now, I expect the market sell-off and volatility to persist until another 2,000 drop in values is realized... a balance must be achieved... the former paradigm of the Market rigged for Wall Street is now reversed where the Market is rigged for the Main Street crowd... watch as down-the-road that the futures option & shorts from the speculator class will not be so influential in after hours as those derivatives are now (they are goosing the Stocks too much so that panic or manic trading results)~ not so good for stable markets at all

DOW 22,000 is the optimum equilibrium place (even if the FANGs** are all broken into 10 pieces each)

** ---> FANGs = Facebook-Amazon-Netflix-Google-

edit on th28151811637508592018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join