It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bumpy Ride Ahead? US Stocks Finally Down - DOW Down 360+ Points

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

if XRP drops below .80 I'm buying 1000 of them

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
As many of you probably know, the teflon US equities market finally had a small correction today, with the DOW down more than 360 points:

Weird.

Every state of the Union Speech is usually supported by a rising stock market.

I always suspected that PPT would jump in on the day of the speech, and prop up the market to give the President a boost.

Something's gone wrong.

Where's PPT?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

maybe more see what the headlines are saying and I'm paying attention to the groups I'm in with coin collectors

if they start buying I'm buying, watching everyones emotions, I may pick up 2000 if it sounds good or a deal goes through

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: FamCore

Stocks up, big tax cut, great for big business. The tax cuts went mostly to the wealthy, the hi stocks benefit mostly the wealthy, the inequality of wealth in this country remains the same.

How are things improving for whom?

Gee, my investments are up over 40% since Trump came into office, I can promise that "improved things" for me. Can definitely say I am not sweating a one day drop of 1.36%.

EXACTLY RIGHT. Those who don't own thinking caps believe that a 400 point drop in a 26,000 point market is the same as a 400 point drop in a 13,000 point market. It's sad how many think this, really. What the hell are they teaching in our schools?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

well, the problem is that the market is still showing irregularities like the wage growth is still below inflation and the real numbers are higher and lower as well as other economic indicators aside from the DOW rising are still showing signs of trouble

look at the housing market as an example

www.kpbs.org...

also the Fed has been talking about raising interests rates for a long time then Trump came out with a low dollar value policy now the Fed can't raise rates

easy money = bubble
edit on 30-1-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thanks a lot!. . . . . . . OBAMA!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I always suspected that PPT would jump in on the day of the speech, and prop up the market to give the President a boost.

Perhaps the Plunge Protection Team (PPT) is not on board with Trump, or they do not consider this correction worth intervening in.

I am not aware of past data for other State of the Union Addresses but now you got me curious - thanks for that insight!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I moved my 401K into a safe haven over a month ago, I am to old to take another loss like in 2008 & 2009. The stock market is to volatile for my comfort.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I moved my 401K into a safe haven over a month ago, I am to old to take another loss like in 2008 & 2009. The stock market is to volatile for my comfort.

I've been buying a lot of gold and silver, myself.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

many investors are moving into secure positions

if you play it right and go long you'll actually be positioned fantastically for the next rise

also if your in the british pound or yen right now I'm thinking you'll be in a better position soon as the dollar continues to lose value

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

The market is fake and nothing to do with the real economy, all the government figures on unemployment and GDP are also faked. So their is no reason why it cant be faked for a very long time. Or on the other hand if the Fed and the Central Banks who are the Plunge protection team, decide to stop buying the stocks and Bonds they can crash this market in a day. If they decide to get rid of Trump that's what they will do .
It's getting a bit too obvious as to what they are up to, which means if you understand this, the market is predictable , and your chances of loosing on investments is greatly reduced. Which means the Fed and Central Banks are giving money to canny investors. They can also do this only for a limited time, although they can print any amount of money they want, it will end with Hyperinflation, to avoid this, they would have to recall billions of dollars, crashing the market destroys lots of unwanted dollars in a day. They do this just by selling their stocks and bonds at the top. The timing of when this event happens will be reflected in the run for the lifeboats which has to be the Precious metals.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Krakatoa

karma is going to take care of you

Indeed. They forget who's going to kick it first in terms of lifespan, and how those "golden years" tend to tarnish quickly once the shiny plating wears off.

It won't be pretty for the Boomers, not by a long shot.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The market has never gone this long without a correction.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

and guess who's going to be taking care of them

I'm also talking about where the market is headed if they don't fix what's going on with my age group

we will recover they won't have time to

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Dow is off 1.37% for the day?

OMG

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

and guess who's going to be taking care of them

I'm also talking about where the market is headed if they don't fix what's going on with my age group

we will recover they won't have time to

The same thing that befell Boomers & their "retirement options" in '08 -- the bubble will burst all over again. We keep doing the wrong things over and over again thinking it'll correct itself in time. In this sense, it's the Achilles Heel of investing.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Same here, I'm out completely.

Trickle down has never worked and it won't work for Trump; Too much debt that just gets ignored.

Cult45ers, will say "why didn't someone warn us" well.....do some research besides Brietbart, drudge, fox and infowars.
edit on 30-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

there are several bubbles forming due to the fact that the average income for my entire generation is less than 25k a year nationwide and everyone has tons of student loan debt

you brought the crash on now you are going to suffer

good luck Gen X and Baby Boomers

So if that’s the “average”, that would mean about 50% of “your generation” are making at least $50k a year and I suspect they are actually making much much more when you factor out the unemployed peeps.

I’m pretty sure that in any branch of the military you can start at 18 with about $40k annually with benefits...but then again you have to actually work in those jobs...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: intrptr

My 401k and Roth are looking great!

'Looks' great in someone else's account?

You do realize it doesn't belong to you, you aren't holding it, 'they' are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join