It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Milwaukee you'll get a ticket if you leave your car running in your own driveway!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
There's a law similar to this over in Canada, you can't leave your car running, but it has a different reason, there they are mostly concerned with "emissions" from the exhaust. So, you can't leave your car engine running, while your car is stationary and not moving, even if you're sitting in the car in Canada, because they'll give you a ticket for polluting the environment unnecessarily. So, no waiting outside the store, while your family member runs in to buy something, with your car engine running to keep you warm. You've got to switch off the engine. They are even making cars today that switch off the engine when the car is simply stopped at traffic lights, this "rule" has been implemented and is now mostly automatic in many newer car models.

There is no Canadian wide anti-idling law. It doesn't even fall under the jurisdiction of the Federal gooberment.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
a reply to: DBCowboy

Mine are unlocked 24/7.

If you need something, ask. I'll help you out as best I can manage.
If you you come in trying to take without asking....

.454 casull. All 5 in the cylinder.

Obviously you're a criminal. And since you're a gun owner, probably an evil Nazi as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

There's a law similar to this over in Canada, you can't leave your car running, but it has a different reason, there they are mostly concerned with "emissions" from the exhaust.

Citation please, I've been to Alberta, everyone leaves their vehicles running in the winter.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler
There is no citation required. No such law exists in Canada.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Must be.
Do I get more evil points for having a mother who raised me with the mentality of i don't care if you're black,white,red,brown,green,or purple- your still human, and I'm obligated to help you if you need something.
Lol

Like I said , just ask, and I'll give you anything I can.

It's that whole rude thing that brings out the firearms.
Or if I'm feeling really cruel-ill get my wife.

edit on 26-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My current city has the same law. To be fair, your article (and my city) are only talking about leaving running cars unattended and unlocked in your driveway. Have the doors locked and it's no problem. Make sure the car's attended & it's no problem either.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Beertown don't care if your doors are locked. Unattended running vehicle = citation.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Sooooo, your theory is wrong budz...you don't have to warm up your car.

Sooooo, YOUR theory is wrong, Princess.

My mom has COPD. And it's VERY dangerous for her to get in a cold car, so it ALWAYS has to be warmed up, especially if the outside temp is < 50.
You should at least CONSIDER thinking, at least occasionally, before you speak. Or type.

And more importantly, ALWAYS believe YouTube videos. Those guys wouldn't lie. Cuz if it's on the internet, you KNOW it's GOTTA be true.
edit on 26-1-2018 by MteWamp because: add

edit on 26-1-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Hewhowaits

Mine are unlocked 24/7.

If you need something, ask. I'll help you out as best I can manage.
If you you come in trying to take without asking....

.454 casull. All 5 in the cylinder.

Obviously you're a criminal. And since you're a gun owner, probably an evil Nazi as well.

That's funny here in Vermont we don't even have a carry license. Yet Bernie.

Yep you can carry with no licence at 16 no less...

It helps to havedecent people make up your society so you don't need as many laws to protect idiots from themselves and others.
edit on 26-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Wow, didn't know you could carry without being 21. That's commendable, and a little worrisome.
But, I haven't heard any bad news coming from Vermont, so you guys must be doing something right.

Btw: Wisconsin is technically an open carry state too.
But municipalities consider it disturbing the peace, and usually ends up with someone dead.
Not so much where I currently reside, but downstate, most definitely.
edit on 26-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Murica! Land of the free lol

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

We have the checks and balance system here.
They write the checks, we pay the balance...

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

They should be there to serve and protect...not serve fines so that you are protected.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Sooooo, your theory is wrong budz...you don't have to warm up your car.

Ummm, you do realize when people say 'warm up their car' they typically mean warm the interior right? As in, start the car, turn on heater, come back few minutes later.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Highest density is 42k in our largest city.
Not many police. Vermont has the lowest crime in the nation.

Even the cannabis bill is home grow and possession legal. No Comercial sales.

Bleeding heart libertarians.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler
There is no citation required. No such law exists in Canada.

You're right. My mistake. It's not a law. It's a by-law. Its a law introduced by cities, not the province. They plan to make it into a province wide law in Ontario, but right now various cities have introduced the law.

Idle Hands Ontario wants to reduce fossil fuel waste and pollution by turning a patchwork of local anti-idling bylaws into a province-wide law.

Quote:

Ontario communities have a variety of idling bylaws: Windsor and Waterloo allow idling for five minutes; Kingston for three; and Toronto for one minute. Kitchener doesn’t have a bylaw at all. In Simcoe County, municipal vehicles, including ambulances and transit buses, cannot idle for more than 30 seconds.

Other provinces have cities with similar rules. Eventually, it will be Canada-wide.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You know, I really don't think he did.

I made a similar argument a few posts back, hehe.

And I also mentioned the fact that 97% of scientists agree that if it's on the internet, it must be true. Actually, it's the exact same 97% of scientists that Bill Nye was referring to in the climate change/AGW debate, so you KNOW that it has to be, like, WAY real, right? I mean, like YUGELY, BIGLY real.

The fact that you also caught it means that I might not be an insane evil mastermind and former supervillian after all.

Damn, that's a load off MY mind. Thank you!

edit on 26-1-2018 by MteWamp because: sp

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

where i live you can get a ticket if its unattended and running. i let my warm up on the street every morning so far this winter and not worried about it. doors were locked i could see it just fine from my window. i would have to fight a ticket for that if i ever got one.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

They should be there to serve and protect...not serve fines so that you are protected.

You warm up the car so you don't have to freezeass when you get in the car.

What are you even arguing about?

Let me put this way, so you can understand...

WHY DO YOU CARE?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Tempter

I know, it is complete lunacy, not just for car thieves, but for most crime in Wisconsin.
I heard the other day some guy was on his 8th OWI, yes 8th time! (for those that don't know, Wisconsin called drunk driving OWI, instead of DWI). How about they go after the drunk drivers instead of the people warming their cars up in the morning!

Sounds like they did in that case since the guy was arrested and all.

The other legal aspects are up to lawyers and judges...
Both need clients and cases to show why they are needed.
And as for an 8th offense? The taxes you pay are paying for the whole circus. Judge, cops, public defender, District Attorney, county jail officers...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join