It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Milwaukee you'll get a ticket if you leave your car running in your own driveway!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well, yeah. Should be common sense.

Why would you want to leave a running car alone?

If your engine's running, you need to be in control.

You're still responsible for your car, even when it's cold out.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

make mixture up and leave outside if solution is made inside where it is 70 degrees and you walk outside and temp is -20 when you throw it on window window might break from thermal effects

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

We do have that law about not leaving the car running. I remember being at a Tim Horton's watching people turn their car off, then more 2 inches ahead, turn their car off, then turn it back on to advance and so forth when the law first came out. I can see that doing more harm to the car then anything else.

I've never seen the police ticket anyone for warming up their vehicle, or letting it run while sitting in it waiting for someone who ran into a shop or what have you. It's a law, but I don't see it getting enforced much if at all, at least in Alberta.

There is nothing more special then driving on a cold winter's day with a cold car as the windshield frosts over and you can't see out of it!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well smart guy, I guess you never drove in cold weather, a heater blowing on your window is what causes fog. So what you say will make it worse. Blowing A/C on the windows is what actually defogs your windows.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I live near there, but once my son went to Lacross to vist his girlfriend in collage and his car was stolen and the cops asked him about the keys he said he might have a spare under the seat and they gave him ticket for leaving a key in the vehical. Its about a 3 to 4 hour drive one way and cort was during the week and he just started a new job, what you going to do ? you send in the money. so ya its all a money game.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

Just to add, when its really cold like -20f you just don't want to jump in and go and you don't want to stay out there and wait for it to heat up, besides your breath will fog the inside, not good to drive like that bad things happen

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's a law in Denver too.. I think you can leave it running 5 minutes. A co-worker probably forgot to lock his door a month or so ago.. and while he had his car warming up outside, it was stolen. So.. it does happen. Goes to show though.. cops can't win. Try to protect people from their silly selves, and they get angry with them. : )

Just.. bundle up.. and drive. Your car will be warm in minutes.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
first california is sending people to jails over straws and now this? is everyone getting more and more retarded? what is going on. i wil leave 10 cars running on my property if i feel like it. try and stop me.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

They will stop you.
Remember your cops carry guns not just lame sticks.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We have the same law in Kansas City Missouri. I ignore it. Of course I also put a Club (tm) on my steering wheel as well as lock the doors.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join