It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Milwaukee you'll get a ticket if you leave your car running in your own driveway!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.tmj4.com...

This is complete BS!
I can understand this on public streets, but to tell a person that they can't warm up their car in their own private driveway is crazy. The reason they are doing it is even more crazy, because criminals might take your car, so we are going to ticket you.
Here's a really crazy thought, how about punish criminals harder so they will be less tempted to do it.

I drove through Milwaukee twice today. The police must have received orders to fatten up the city coffers. Saw 3 Speed traps on the city expressways. Police handing out tickets on side streets adjacent to the main highway. The 48 degree temperature outside released all the pent up demand for writing tickets it seemed.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.tmj4.com...

This is complete BS!
I can understand this on public streets, but to tell a person that they can't warm up their car in their own private driveway is crazy. The reason they are doing it is even more crazy, because criminals might take your car, so we are going to ticket you.
Here's a really crazy thought, how about punish criminals harder so they will be less tempted to do it.

I drove through Milwaukee twice today. The police must have received orders to fatten up the city coffers. Saw 3 Speed traps on the city expressways. Police handing out tickets on side streets adjacent to the main highway. The 48 degree temperature outside released all the pent up demand for writing tickets it seemed.

They will needing those funds to pay Justine demonds family after being shot in cold blood by officer whathisface

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

www.tmj4.com...

This is complete BS!

I suspect you may be mistaken in your ideas about what they are doing it.

IMO, making these kinds of laws is a measure of how deperate they are for money. It shows they are so desperate, they are resorting to looting/levying the citzens in order to generate income streams.

While I have no evidence for this, I suspect the reason they are resorting to this level of desperateness is because the tradiational source of govt revenue, ie personal and corproate tax, are drying up. IMO, the most likely of these is that the amount of tax paid by corporations, in real terms, has fallen to donation levels while wage and slarlied incomes continue to be taxed at the full rate because it cannot be avoided because there are so few deductions that can be claimed.

Goverment reticience to publish gross corporate tax colleted as a percentage of gross corproate turnover, is evidence of this. SImilarily, if they wanted to, they could publish the same figures for wages and salaries, eg gross tax paid on gross wage and salaries earnings in the reporting period.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

don't give them (the power that be) ideas!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

www.tmj4.com...

This is complete BS!

I suspect you may be mistaken in your ideas about what they are doing it.

IMO, making these kinds of laws is a measure of how deperate they are for money. It shows they are so desperate, they are resorting to looting/levying the citzens in order to generate income streams.

While I have no evidence for this, I suspect the reason they are resorting to this level of desperateness is because the tradiational source of govt revenue, ie personal and corproate tax, are drying up. IMO, the most likely of these is that the amount of tax paid by corporations, in real terms, has fallen to donation levels while wage and slarlied incomes continue to be taxed at the full rate because it cannot be avoided because there are so few deductions that can be claimed.

Goverment reticience to publish gross corporate tax colleted as a percentage of gross corproate turnover, is evidence of this. SImilarily, if they wanted to, they could publish the same figures for wages and salaries, eg gross tax paid on gross wage and salaries earnings in the reporting period.

It would appear at face value you are correct.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

www.tmj4.com...

This is complete BS!

I agree. With remote start , my car is locked and there is no key in the ignition.
car manufactures need to push back. The cops are forbidding the use of a feature lots of people in Michigan use daily

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have no idea if I'm right but I'd bet $100 they're Democrat. They need the money to cover all the spending.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's better than the Republicans in many cases who fail to raise the money for their budget and then require federal aid...

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yawn. I'm willing to bet the $100, let me know.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm sure the arrival of 100,000 Somalis and the increased rate of stolen cars is completely coincidental.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What that red states and counties take more federal aid and can't pay for budgets?

Sounds like some partisan baloney.

It's a dumb law. The politicians probably spend more enforcing it than they make.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

They love dropping refugees in towns that are hurting. I wouldn't be surprised.

Hey guys welcome to the us there are no jobs here good luck.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Actually, crime rates decreased as Somali refugees came. Here's some data from Minneapolis, which has one of the largest Somali diasporas in the US:

Considering that refugees surged into Minneapolis starting in about 1993 with the onset of the Somali civil war, Cook compared violent crime rates in the city on either side of that marker. From 1985 to 1992, the violent crime rate was 1,553 incidents per 100,000 population. From 1994 to 2013, it was 1,378 per 100,000.

Violent crime has actually decreased, which means if we pretend that we can reasonably match crime trends to the growth and decline of a single immigrant group, Minneapolis could definitely use more Somalis.

Are Somalis Increasing Crime in Minneapolis?

And here's some info from the police chief of Lewiston, Maine, which also has been a focal point of Somali immigration:

On Friday, Lewiston’s acting police chief, Brian O’Malley, said there was no correlation between Somali immigration and increased crime, and if anything, the opposite is true.

When asked if crime was up because of Somali immigrants, O’Malley said. “Not in Lewiston. Our crime rate has gone down. We have not seen any increase in crime due to the Somali immigrants.”

He said that since Somali immigrants began arriving in Lewiston in the 1990s, the city’s crime rate has steadily decreased. Meanwhile, overall crime rates are down across the state and across the nation, O’Malley said.

Trump’s statements about Somali immigrants in Maine draw rebuke

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Yes I was near the area and cops all over the place, even pulling over white folks (so you know they are desperate!)
Kidding, but not kidding.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

As much as Americans would love to put crime on refugees, that isn't what is happening here. These are all American kid thugs. The problem is more about the broken family then it is about illegal aliens in this case.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

A tax on a corporate entity IS a form of individual tax - it's just hidden in price of products or services.

What gives probable cause for entering private property to police or are the folks just well trained and subservient.

This is what you get when general sentiment about something you don't like is "there oughta be a law" the resulting vacuum is gleefully filled by government.

Enjoy just rewards!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Yep, everyone complains about HOAs, well now it doesn't matter anymore they will treat everyone like HOA's. The apathy is just sickening!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Michigan is stressing and doing that as well... But it's an unattended running vehicle

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It's not necessarily about broken homes, either. That would be like saying that broken homes are the cause of financial crimes.

Some people just like to commit crimes. Some car thieves are just "joyriding", others are a part of organized crime, and others are just opportunists like the people who fall for "bait" cars and the people who steal delivered packages from someone's front porch. Laws like the one in the OP are meant to prevent the opportunists.
edit on 27-1-2018 by enlightenedservant because: i had a typo fail in the 2nd to last sentence

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Michigan is stressing and doing that as well... But it's an unattended running vehicle

Thankfully most police don't like getting out of the car in extreme cold. I see multiple vehicular laws broken, right in front of them, on frigid days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join