It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Milwaukee you'll get a ticket if you leave your car running in your own driveway!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.tmj4.com...

This is complete BS!
I can understand this on public streets, but to tell a person that they can't warm up their car in their own private driveway is crazy. The reason they are doing it is even more crazy, because criminals might take your car, so we are going to ticket you.
Here's a really crazy thought, how about punish criminals harder so they will be less tempted to do it.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They should ticket people for having money in their pockets because someone might steal it!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

People in local government need money so they can keep all their relatives on the payroll.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Blame the complete and utter dumbass, Tom Barret, the mayor. It's his and Ed Flynn's (police chief) decision NOT to chase car thieves.

That's right.

The police don't chase car thieves.

In Milwaukee you can simply steal a car and drive away with ZERO concern you will get pulled over.

Residents have been clamoring for YEARS to change this policy because there are so many stolen cars.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's supposed to be that way where I live too. Doesn't stop us. Some mornings you have to warm up the car.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Fonzi will leave his Bike running all day long and still get away with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Sooooo, your theory is wrong budz...you don't have to warm up your car.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I know, it is complete lunacy, not just for car thieves, but for most crime in Wisconsin.
I heard the other day some guy was on his 8th OWI, yes 8th time! (for those that don't know, Wisconsin called drunk driving OWI, instead of DWI). How about they go after the drunk drivers instead of the people warming their cars up in the morning!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You lock your car door. Problem solved.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Maybe you don't have to, but what if you want to? Some people don't have garages and want to warm their car up before putting an infant in it when it is -28.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I know, it is complete lunacy, not just for car thieves, but for most crime in Wisconsin.
I heard the other day some guy was on his 8th OWI, yes 8th time! (for those that don't know, Wisconsin called drunk driving OWI, instead of DWI). How about they go after the drunk drivers instead of the people warming their cars up in the morning!

I would LOVE that, except that the Tavern League (league of bar owners in Wisconsin) has a LOT of pull in the legislative branch.

There are some things in this State that just make me shake my head as to why I still live here considering I'm a remote employee.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I have noticed that when there is ice, snow, frost, etc., on my windshield that I have a much easier time getting it off if my car has had time to warm up and the defrosters have been running for a time.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's against the law to leave an unattended vehicle running in Virginia too.
A few years ago some kids took off in a van left running at a local 711. They drove away, lost control of the van on a wet street and drove into a house killing a woman who was napping on her sofa. But everybody wants to warm their car up and manufacturers make remote start devices for cars. I send my husband out to start the car if it's cold out. Lol. He's my remote starting device.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You know why a lot of people don't lock their car doors, so thieves don't break their windows (that's a huge thing here too). Pretty soon, police will say, no cars in driveways because of theft, see how it is a slippery slope.

You know how you solve this, Punish the thugs harders.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I have noticed that when there is ice, snow, frost, etc., on my windshield that I have a much easier time getting it off if my car has had time to warm up and the defrosters have been running for a time.

Use half rubbing alcohol and half water....frost and ice instantly disappear.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Your vehicle should be warm enough that the heater blows warm air on the windows to keep them free of fog and ice.

Dude in that video does not even touch upon thermal expansion of the metal parts of the engine.

Rubbish video.
edit on 26-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You don't have to warm your cars engine, but it sucks to drive at -10 without the defrosters working. I don't know anybody who enjoys starting their car and driving off in 30 seconds in sub zero weather.
edit on 26-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

You don't have to warm your cars engine, but it ducks to drive at -10 without the defrosters working. I don't know anybody who enjoys starting there car and driving off in 30 seconds in sub zero weather.

It sucks even worse when it's effing freezing and precipitating and you have poorly working heat because your car isn't warm.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Maybe you don't have to, but what if you want to? Some people don't have garages and want to warm their car up before putting an infant in it when it is -28.

They do sell space heaters that you can plug into the cigarette lighter compartment...you do know that, right?

Certainly cheaper than getting a fine.

Btw...I am not arguing for law enforcement...rather, if that is how they fine people I am hoping to help you out to stay away from fines.

A lot of people on here automatically think negative rather than remain neutral. Geez...maybe you guys DO need the fine.

edit on 26-1-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dang right. Also I rarely have a perfect 1/8 of an inch of ice. It's usually a layer of ice, sleet, snow and frankly squirting that for 15 minutes while I am getting three kids ready for school and taking the dogs out isn't an option.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join