It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporters, youre NOT understanding your man.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Krakatoa

Beacause the author is not the topic, and i chose to reply to your post.

Then this topic should not even be in this forum should it? According to the rules set froth by SO when he stated,

Many people either don't read, misunderstand, or don't care about this message at the top of every thread in this Political Madness forum: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians, political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny. Because of the inherent distrust of government by conspiracy theorists, discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to be highly critical of the current administration. Following yesterday's I'm Pissed thread, threads that are nothing more than ideological proclamations, without any merit for conspiracies, will be moved to Political Rivalry forum on BelowTopSecret.com. From this point forward, please use this (Political Madness) forum for its intended purpose, speculation of the manipulative conspiracies that have created the intense atmosphere of politically-inspired hate that has been fostered over the past few years.

Forum Rules / Purpose

ETA: Since the "Political Rivalry" forum is no more, this could go in any of the other Political Forums such as; Political Issues, Political Ideology, Political Mud-Pit, even People and Politicians (as it is specific to a single politician).

edit on 1/23/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

People ain't listening, Jerry.

Trump's base has such a deep emotional investment in their man that no reasoning, no reality, can shake their belief. If they allow any reason or doubt to creep in, they risk undermining the very core of their selves and their world.

It's the same thing that Communists went through in the 50s and 60s.

edit on 23-1-2018 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Again, not the topic.

You don't need to start a forest fire man. Just report and move along.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

In other words, you don’t agree so something must be done? MOCE THE THREAD! SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!!
I can’t speak for the OP but that’s a bit arrogant dont you think?

Though I don’t agree with all the OPS Points I get the premise.......

We should def all be holding our heads Of state accountable.....even at the most basic levels of gov....I don’t know why all the trump supporters on this thread are flipping out.....that use to be a main tenant of conservative thought.....is it not now? Did I miss something?

We have gotten lazy and complacent though.....and the we want to throw a damn fit or protest because it’s out of control....

It’s a bit like never punishing a child for misbehaving, and the being upset when he grows up to be a bastard

edit on 1/23/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Oh get real it happens with every POTUS, both Party and gaggle of politicians behind them. Even the MSM talking heads, thee corporations themselves have been deified even by todays "liberals" (especially by todays "liberals").

To act like its some exclusive Trump thing is bizarrely deluded.

Obama is still the Sainted one; he without scandal; who never told a lie; the breaker of chains; the unburnt; etc.

Then there's Hillary... oh yeah she embodies every single personality trait the left hates Trump for, and BIll's every bit a rapist as Trump supposedly is, and she's the most scandalous politician in HUMAN HISTORY, and a war criminal, and a AL Qaeda traitor... RIOT in the streets if she loses...

It can be said of the Bush people, a great many of them at least had moved on by 2009...

But the brazen appeal of the MSM to the DNC troupe post-Bush really took the personality cultism to whole new levels...

The inverse we've seen is the MSM has trolled the Trump people into a defensive corner. At least there can be found hints and evidence that the Ruling Establishment (The Corruption / NWO / Patriarchy / Corporatocracy / call it what you will) loathes Trump and at least half the stuff he's trying to do, so there is some logical reason to the appeal, to stick up for the guy.

Obama? Who that 'NWO' without any doubts whatsoever GROOMED INTO POWER like all the rest of them... Oh, we love your ability to read from the teleprompter. No more AntiWar Movement from us Obama you get a free pass to carry on Bush's work imploding the ME.

Trump?!? Your personality sucks we're going to violently #RESIST. Off with your head!!!!!!!!!!!! And anyone who sticks up for him their the cultists to be exclusively ridiculed.

Because sanity.

edit on 23-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The anti-NWO / deep state / anti corporate-politicians are so desperate to have a hero that they won't see trumps flaws. It's not a personality flaw. It's how he acts and what he says. He lies, says absurd things, and most importantly; plays a hand in dividing the country. He calls CNN and MSNBC fake news, but then gives Fox News great praise. He's just picking sides in the corporate controlled left vs right media. OP is right, he only cares about what gets him likes. Hillary was not a good choice, but that's not an excuse for everything trump does.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Do you think that 3 years from now people will still be ADD about writing posts on why others should and/or shouldn't like Donald Trump by sighting ideas we have known about for the last 5 years?

"Trump, loves to be liked"? You don't say. Thanks for the revelation, my eyes are now open. And to think I thought most politicians loved to be disliked.

Hey new guy who hasnt posted in forever

Youre apparently missing the point.

I thought the point was that "unlike" most politicians Trump is pandering for support. And you where kind enough to explain this hard to understand fact. Thank you for your service.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Bro, you’re talking about a section of the American people who can’t seem to grasp that a BILLIONAIRE isn’t going to work for their prosperity. Only his buddies. I’d be willing to bet that their IQs are roughly in the low 70’s. Sure, you have the exceptions-the book smarts exist but lack of reason, logic and common sense is sincerely hurting their comprehension of the impact of their actions. It’s akin to getting a psychopath to feel bad for hurting people.
Good luck with that although I applaud your attempt. S&F for you.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin
Bro, you’re talking about a section of the American people who can’t seem to grasp that a BILLIONAIRE isn’t going to work for their prosperity. Only his buddies. I’d be willing to bet that their IQs are roughly in the low 70’s. Sure, you have the exceptions-the book smarts exist but lack of reason, logic and common sense is sincerely hurting their comprehension of the impact of their actions. It’s akin to getting a psychopath to feel bad for hurting people.
Good luck with that although I applaud your attempt. S&F for you.

Hmmm....I could say the same thing for ANY politician. It applies to them all, regardless of personal wealth (which they usually gain while in office because of those connections and deals they make in the swamp that is D.C.). If you deny that, they you are also denying reality and playing partisan politics.

Personal attacks on those that differ from your opinions? Really, they must have a low IQ because they don't agree with you. Why am I not surprised this attack has been used here? Frankly, it isn't surprising.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

And you clearly don't understand the sentiment of most people who support him.

Just find it funny how you feel the need to educate people about something that you yourself clearly knows very little about. The human condition...

Let me guess you're a baby boomer?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I disagree.

I won't challenge your response point by point because I didn't say it was a Trump thing. It's a people who follow Trump thing.

It's human nature.

The way people respond to Trump is different from the way people identified with Bush, or Clinton, or Obama, or Reagan, or Nixon, or Carter, any president I can remember.

Some of it is because we now live in the internet age, which has changed the way we get our information and the way we express our opinions. There is no longer any quality control and we are much freer to weave our narratives about the big world outside.

Some of it is because Trump presses all the right buttons for some people, creating a turbulence that doesn't need justification just passion. Don't consider the evidence, feel the emotion.

Some of it is because the American media - even the alternative media - has spent forty years creating and maintaing an adversarial version of politics that not only protects the financial interests of their parent companies but gives the truly undemocratic participants - like the lobbyists - a free pass. The negotiation and consensus that is at the heart of an effective democracy is ignored in favour of Them and Us.

Some of it is because millions and millions of people have been badly let down by the failed neoliberal experiment of the last forty years. We had a once in a generation opportunity to change the world, our own Berlin Wall moment, in 2008 and passed on it, giving more money to the same people who caused the crash, with the TEA Party cheerleading. Most us are no better off now than we were ten years ago and our kids have fewer opportunities.

You also have a curious attitude to the Left in the US, maybe a throwback to the Cold War. Your Left is visible at a grass roots level but you've closed most of the Left off at the municipal level. As Bill Clinton acknowledged, political movement there always takes place on the Right, managed by the financial and big business interests that created and thrived on the crash of 2008.

Today's internet's structure is part of the problem. Everytime some people log on to read about or discuss Trump, there's a spike in cortisol and adrenalin, like entering a sports arena. The Game is On! The nature of the internet means we always win online. We destroy our opponents arguments, even if nobody - including our opponents - are reading. We get a little dopamine hit everyone someone caught in the same conceptual web as us gives us a like or an emoji or a star. We are making a difference! What about Hillary, huh? Pizzagate? The e-mails?

So people, understandably, get caught up in all this and look to someone, something, anything, that offers a comprehensive solution. Critical thought is set aside. Inconvenient truths are fake news. Experience is reshaped to fit the new narrative. Operational definitions replace absolutes.

There Is No Alternative.

Over the years, I've known a few old Stalinists. Some had come to terms with what happened in the 50s and the 60s and had a realistic view of the political challenges around them. A couple became libertarians (as did the rump of the entire Revolutionary Communist Party in the UK). Some went to their graves confused, guilty, wondering why they went along with the Von Ribbentrop Pact flip flop, which some of them heard about in trenches on the Ebro front in Spain, the last desperate stand against facism before Hitler invaded Poland; why they explained away Hungary in 56 and Czechoslovakia in 68; how easy it was to throw Stalin under the bus when Moscow said they should.

It's human nature.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I don't believe you

You just proved his point. Trump supporters are either stupid or evil.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
No you liberals don't want to understand,the majority has spoken,we are tired of being run by big corporations Trump is for private enterprise,the people he is used to working with,the lazy liberal's are worried that they may have to work instead of staying in school,eating up the taxpayer dollars,liberals remind me of the story"How to catch a wild pig" they caught a bunch

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ok.

The OP has said that he basically thinks Trump has the best interests of America at heart, and that both 'sides' can benefit from his Presidency.

But, because of a "personally, I don't like him", 80% of the responses are STILL "lib-this" and "Butwhatabout-that".

But what about that, indeed.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WizardVanWizard
Ok.

The OP has said that he basically thinks Trump has the best interests of America at heart, and that both 'sides' can benefit from his Presidency.

But, because of a "personally, I don't like him", 80% of the responses are STILL "lib-this" and "Butwhatabout-that".

But what about that, indeed.

I noticed this as well, thank you for articulating that, I didn’t think the OP was bashing him at all

The knee jerk reaction is pretty telling

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yup, I don't really get it. It's like so many people are "redpill af" now that they've split the capsule in half and are arguing about which half is the REAL red pill haha

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

He's just fine the way he is. He is getting plenty done... hell, he has almost finished undoing what it took obama 8 years to do. Here is some advice for you- instead of listening to the lefts talking points, seperate yourself from your irrational ire and take a moment to appreciate why we support Trump. Do you remember the most transparent administration? If you truly do value transpareny, just take a step back and take it all in... I would think that you could atleast admire that

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I took your advice, and I layed out my wishes for Trumps next 100 days. I was focused and thorough. Sadly, he send back a message that he doesn't value my input enough to act on it, so we are back at square one. Great effort, but sadly, a bit of wasted effort.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I don't believe you

You just proved his point. Trump supporters are either stupid or evil.

always classy. Thanks for being consistent.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I took your advice, and I layed out my wishes for Trumps next 100 days. I was focused and thorough. Sadly, he send back a message that he doesn't value my input enough to act on it, so we are back at square one. Great effort, but sadly, a bit of wasted effort.

Get 2million more deplorables on the same page as you, call it out publicly...and I bet his agenda begins to drift towards your camp.

He wants to be a populist, but only for some. He likes being hated, too. Strange dude, that Donald Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join