It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump supporters, youre NOT understanding your man.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kerri
a reply to: SailorJerry

"But Donald DESPERATELY , wants to be liked and supported by his base."

Um, he already is.

You dont understand, if you listen to his rhetoric, sometimes he agrees with the left OR the right depending on whose there.

I believe for better or for worse, its bcause he wants to leave a good legacy behind. Admittedly for nothing but vanity and his own history books.

But I think hes one of those people that will .

Again I strongly dislike donald trump. I dont like his ethics, I dont like his background, I dont like his misogyny, and I dont like his crass BS

BUT, I spent months watching this guy, watching him flip flop, watching him ramp up his speech then tone it down when he was around people who didnt agree

I honestly think, hes so Maliable that BOTH sides can get what they TRULY BELIEVE from him if they work for it and are reasonable.

Fk the extremes on both sides yada yada they arent the majority, Trump panders to the large groups.

I kind of feel like the common sense of us might be able to make headway this administration if we stop being stupid with each other.

He wants so much to be seen as a good man and a good president, we might be able to actually WORK TOGETHER FOR ONCE!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
but ZOMG TRUMP IS HITLER GODZILLA!!!

How about a T-Rex?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Love how some people try to convince other people to change their minds. I remain unconvinced and the fact that the OP makes assumptions of my support for Mr. Trump is very tiring to say the least.

Why cant some people let other people think and live as they want? Why must I conform to a thought process that the OP feels is right when in fact he could be just as wrong?

edit on 23-1-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You are correct...you need to hammer him

Same with any politicians though. They will do what they want until the mob shows up with pitchforks.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I dislike Trump Strongly

Just a little piece of advice from an old , observant, nonpartisan guy

Nice try, but I read the entire thing....and these two statements of yours are counter to each other. So therefore, your suggestion is nullified.

Then you cant quite grasp the whole concept of the post can you?

I laid out how he is able to be manipulated, and that is NOT partisan.

The man WANTS to be loved , liked, adored and respected.

It WILL be by his base, or his opponents.

He has a strong need, to be supported, period

How bout debate the points in my post instead
ok, i will play. I find this absolute evidence of you projecting onto Trump how you see yourself in transference.
All the evidence is in your op.
The left is now consuming their own tail. Will they stop at just the tail?

Trump=bad. Remember that. Anything in your life you see in politics you dislike make sure youcan make an effigy to hit with a stick. It will make yourself feel better. Better than petting puppies.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

My question is why are Democrats so obsessed with Trump? I myself am a Rebuplican, that will never change as I view Democrats as being mentally insane. You guys hate him so much why do you even care about this?? Are you Masochists?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You are correct...you need to hammer him

Same with any politicians though. They will do what they want until the mob shows up with pitchforks.

Accountability my friend accountability.

But apparently that is not a popular thing. A lot here are not understanding what im trying to say lol.

They cant get past the criticism to see the logic

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Love how some people try to convince other people to change their minds. I remain unconvinced and the fact that the OP makes assumptions of my support for Mr. Trump is very tiring to say the least.

Why cant some people let other people think and live as they want? Why must I conform to a thought process that the OP feels is right when in fact he could be just as wrong?

You apparently didnt read the whole OP through, or my follow up. What exactly did I assume about you?

Or was your mind made up before you made this post (ironically )

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
So What

Who Cares

What Difference Does It Make

Ze Deepz Schtate iz getting shallow and people are reacting like the "OH WOW" Man died

$||o
o||$

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

ok, i will play. I find this absolute evidence of you projecting onto Trump how you see yourself in transference. All the evidence is in your op.

Do explain, I feel like you misunderstood my message.

The left is now consuming their own tail. Will they stop at just the tail?

Will the right? both of them are. The left destroyed itself for the cult of Obama and the "right" is doing the same over Trump. I find it tragic that neither side has learned from their mistakes.

Trump=bad. Remember that.

Who said that? How did you get that at all from ANYTHING I posted....Unless you already made your mind up before finishing the OP.

Anything in your life you see in politics you dislike make sure youcan make an effigy to hit with a stick. It will make yourself feel better. Better than petting puppies.

This makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Cuz Trump.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So What

Who Cares

What Difference Does It Make

Ze Deepz Schtate iz getting shallow and people are reacting like the "OH WOW" Man died

$||o
o||$

You should care, with this president, both sides have chance to come the closest to fixing thing we ever have.

But were to busy arguing over semantics and bllsht, and not realizing that FUNDAMENTALLY we can have what we want on both sides of the country.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Unfortunately, the "Utopia Theories" dried up long ago.

When reality sets in, it's a different story.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Unfortunately, the "Utopia Theories" dried up long ago.

When reality sets in, it's a different story.

It has nothing to do with Utopia, its realizing that Trump wants to be liked, he wants to be affirmed by the people.

If we can (on both sides) approach him with things that are gratuitous for BOTH sides, we can get A LOT DONE.

Hes not playing party politics.

Should we not capitalize on this? From both sides?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Sure. I agree.

But too many don't agree.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I dislike Trump Strongly

Just a little piece of advice from an old , observant, nonpartisan guy

Nice try, but I read the entire thing....and these two statements of yours are counter to each other. So therefore, your suggestion is nullified.

Then you cant quite grasp the whole concept of the post can you?

I laid out how he is able to be manipulated, and that is NOT partisan.

The man WANTS to be loved , liked, adored and respected.

It WILL be by his base, or his opponents.

He has a strong need, to be supported, period

How bout debate the points in my post instead

Because I could apply those points to ANY politician or anyone seeking to be elected in a position of power. That is not new information, it goes back thousands of years.

You also stated as appearing as fact that the president has ADD. Are you his doctor? Are you qualified to make that diagnosis? My guess is the answer to each of those is no.
You also state that focusing upon one issue is the key to a successful president. That shows your woeful lack of understanding of that position. That position demands playing whack-a-mole with the issues. You may be visiting a natural disaster area now, and in an hour be approving a military action across the planet, followed by calling senators and reps to get them to support an issue that is within the needs of the country.

So, you see all your points are irrelevant except the two I highlighted. Those were the only two that were worth the effort to address that were accurate.

I stand by my previous assessment.

Quoting again since you still have not addressed nor refuted my analysis of your OP.

I'm still waiting.

Perhaps I should shorten and simplify it for you?

1. Politicians throughout history have acted (and will act) the same way to stay elected. Our president is no exception.
2. You are not qualified to make a medical diagnosis of ADD on the president. So, just stop.
3. The role of president means working multiple issues, in multiple areas, without the luxury of focusing upon one thing too long or people may die.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

One does not need qualification to have an opinion. Nor common sense to see that holding your leaders accountable is prudent.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

One does not need qualification to have an opinion. Nor common sense to see that holding your leaders accountable is prudent.

I agree. However, the OP states many things to be "surprising" and that those that support the president are somehow blind or ignoring the points made. In addition, stating emphatically a medical condition of the president with zero medical knowledge (i.e. ignorance). I disagree with that opinion, and stated my counter points. The thread author has addressed all other comments, however, strangely, not the ones that directly refute the ones in the OP.

Why is that?

And why do you feel the need to speak for the author?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Beacause the author is not the topic, and i chose to reply to your post.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

a reply to: BotheLumberJack

When Bush left office, we lambasted Obama for the blame game.

As an actual REAL conservative, I hold you to the same standard

Obama isnt in office anymore (Bush is no longer president)
Obama is responsible for his own actions and policies (Trump is responsible for his own actions and policies)

STOP BLAMING PAST ADMINISTRATINOS AND NUT UP!
naw....too unencumbered thinking.....

unencumbered by the thought process and telling on yourself, but good reading, just not a valid thread

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join