It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is All About Jesus Christ Being Exalted.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Where does god (OT) say if they don’t believe in his son/messiah he will revoke the covenant??

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Maybe you're blind, but the fight for Jerusalem has become a battle that the whole world and the U.N. has gotten involved in. So, you can try and say it will never happen, but it has already begun. God will step in and save Jerusalem and the land of Israel in the end, but many Jews will be sacrificed in the process.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

So did isreal rebuild a temple I’m missing??!??

Is there ANY chance the Jews bulldoze the mosques that are there to rebuild their temple?

Nope..

If I’m right it is HIGHLY debatable that modern Jews are even descendants of the pre-first century Jews..

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Israel has already created a model and started collecting artifacts for the next temple.

It doesn't matter if modern Jews are descendants. All that will matter in the end is who believes that Jesus is the Messiah and only a remnant of the Jews will finally come to that realization.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God. (John 8:47)

The video goes through a reading of Revelation chapter 22 (a reading through "the sayings of God", or "God's Word"), the piece of text quotes from the bible and has further links and references to numerous relevant bible verses, my final commentary below that contained 2 relevant bible quotations regarding something referred to earlier. Those interested in bible truths can read every verse from the bible that is referenced in the piece of text but not quoted, as well as the quotations that are already there. Here's more stuff from the bible that isn't tickling your ears and therefore you don't want to deal with, can't be twisted so easily to make it appear to a biased or indoctrinated beholder that it supports the Trinity dogma or have anything reasonable to say about (without the standard twisting and evasion routines that have been drilled into your mind or you have been fed, not an accusation or complaint, just a heads-up in case you one day might wake up from it so that what's mentioned below and previously can actually begin to be evaluated by you without the bias and subtly nurtured aversion* that is preventing that now. *:described as "do not put up with" at 2 Timothy 4:3,4; sometimes it's less than subtle if a sufficient level of aversion has already been built up over the years; nurtured, figuratively 'fed', see description under my accountname):

Do any of the scriptures that are used by Trinitarians to support their belief provide a solid basis for that dogma?

A person who is really seeking to know the truth about God is not going to search the Bible hoping to find a text that he can construe as fitting what he already believes. He wants to know what God’s Word itself says. He may find some texts that he feels can be read in more than one way, but when these are compared with other Biblical statements on the same subject their meaning will become clear. It should be noted at the outset that most of the texts used as “proof” of the Trinity actually mention only two persons, not three; so even if the Trinitarian explanation of the texts were correct, these would not prove that the Bible teaches the Trinity. Consider the following:

(Unless otherwise indicated, all the texts quoted in the following section are from RS.)

Texts in which a title that belongs to Jehovah is applied to Jesus Christ or is claimed to apply to Jesus

Alpha and Omega: To whom does this title properly belong? (1) At Revelation 1:8, its owner is said to be God, the Almighty. In verse 11 according to KJ, that title is applied to one whose description thereafter shows him to be Jesus Christ. But scholars recognize the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 11 to be spurious, and so it does not appear in RS, NE, JB, NAB, Dy. (2) Many translations of Revelation into Hebrew recognize that the one described in verse 8 is Jehovah, and so they restore the personal name of God there. See NW, 1984 Reference edition. (3) Revelation 21:6, 7 indicates that Christians who are spiritual conquerors are to be ‘sons’ of the one known as the Alpha and the Omega. That is never said of the relationship of spirit-anointed Christians to Jesus Christ. Jesus spoke of them as his ‘brothers.’ (Heb. 2:11; Matt. 12:50; 25:40) But those ‘brothers’ of Jesus are referred to as “sons of God.” (Gal. 3:26; 4:6) (4) At Revelation 22:12, TEV inserts the name Jesus, so the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 13 is made to appear to apply to him. But the name Jesus does not appear there in Greek, and other translations do not include it. (5) At Revelation 22:13, the Alpha and Omega is also said to be “the first and the last,” which expression is applied to Jesus at Revelation 1:17, 18. Similarly, the expression “apostle” is applied both to Jesus Christ and to certain ones of his followers. But that does not prove that they are the same person or are of equal rank, does it? (Heb. 3:1) So the evidence points to the conclusion that the title “Alpha and Omega” applies to Almighty God, the Father, not to the Son.

Source: the bible, or Trinity: Reasoning (where every verse mentioned above will have a link to it so one can read it)

You were almost right about one thing though, except it's Revelation 1:8 that "tells us exactly who Revelation 1:8 is talking about." In honest translations that is:

Revelation 1:8 (NW)

“I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,”* says Jehovah* God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

Footnotes are linked under the * for those who didn't notice they are blue.
edit on 27-1-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
God's word never changes.

Not True.

While the Jews may have broken their end of their Covenant with God, God will not break his end of the agreement.

God revoke covenants twice.

1. “Behold the days shall come, saith the Lord, and I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel… not according to the covenant I made with their fathers” (Jeremiah 31:31).

2. In Mystici Corporis Christi, Pope Pius XII confirms that by the death of Christ the Old Law was rendered null:

“And first of all, by the death of our Redeemer, the New Testament took the place of the Old Law which had been abolished; then the Law of Christ together with its mysteries, enactments, institutions, and sacred rites was ratified for the whole world in the blood of Jesus Christ. For, while our Divine Savior was preaching in a restricted area - He was not sent but to the sheep that were lost of the house of Israel (Mt. 15:24) - the Law and the Gospel were together in force; but on the gibbet of his death Jesus made void the Law with its decrees (Eph. 2:15), fastened the handwriting of the Old Testament to the Cross (Col: 2:14), establishing the New Testament in His blood shed for the whole human race (Mt 26:28). ‘To such an extent, then,’ says St. Leo the Great, speaking of the Cross of our Lord, ‘was there effected a transfer from the Law to the Gospel, from the Synagogue to the Church, from many sacrifices to one Victim, that, as our Lord expired, that mystical veil which shut off the innermost part of the temple and its sacred secret was rent violently from top to bottom’.” (Mystici Corporis Christi, #29)

The only problem is that God is only going to allow one third of the Jews to witness it, the remaining two thirds will be cut off, just as told in Zechariah.

Another speculation from your part.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Maybe you're blind, but the fight for Jerusalem has become a battle that the whole world and the U.N. has gotten involved in. So, you can try and say it will never happen, but it has already begun. God will step in and save Jerusalem and the land of Israel in the end, but many Jews will be sacrificed in the process.

Irrelevant. I still await you to provide Biblical Proof of Jesus riding on cloud and sit on David's throne.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

1. “Behold the days shall come, saith the Lord, and I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel… not according to the covenant I made with their fathers” (Jeremiah 31:31).

Sorry, but you're grasping at straws. God never revoked a covenant and just because he makes a new one doesn't mean that that the old one was revoked. The original covenant will play out here on earth and the new one will play out for eternity in heaven.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Sorry, but you're grasping at straws. God never revoked a covenant and just because he makes a new one doesn't mean that that the old one was revoked. The original covenant will play out here on earth and the new one will play out for eternity in heaven.

Did you miss out, "...not according to the covenant I made with their fathers"?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

You left out

Isaiah 9:7

He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

Jesus did not accomplish this. Therefore He is not the Lord Almighty. My point still stand.

Isaiah 9:7 in an honest truthful translation (NW):

7 To the increase of his rulership* [Or “government; princely rule.”]

And to peace, there will be no end,

On the throne of David and on his kingdom

In order to establish it firmly and to sustain it

Through justice and righteousness,

From now on and forever.

The zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.

American Standard Version
... The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.

Darby Bible Translation
... The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.

Young's Literal Translation
... The zeal of Jehovah of Hosts doth this.

Source: Isaiah 9:7 (Biblehub)

Jeremiah 23:27 (NW)

They intend to make my people forget my name by the dreams they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot my name because of Baʹal. 28 Let the prophet who has a dream relate the dream, but the one who has my word should speak my word truthfully.”

“What does the straw have in common with the grain?” declares Jehovah.

Quoting God's Word with the phrase "the LORD" or "the Lord" where it really should say "Jehovah" (in English translations) based on the manuscriptual evidence regarding the divine name (such as at Is.9:7 and Rev.1:8) or at the very least some rendering of God's unique personal name that some people apparently 'intend to make people forget' according to God's Word... is not speaking God's Word "truthfully".

That's also how you get people thinking that "Revelation 1:7 tells us exactly who Revelation 1:8 is talking about." When it's verse 8 itself that already sufficiently does that if God's name isn't conveniently replaced by "the Lord" by those who 'intend to make people forget God's name'.

Further details regarding Is.9:7 in multiple translations below at 7:00 (also a clue regarding the sneaky switch from "LORD" to "Lord" to help with conflating the Sovereign Lord Jehovah with the Lord Jesus Christ).

JW ARCHIVES DIVINE NAME JHWH YHWH JEHOVAH NWT NIV COMPARE.
edit on 28-1-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Thanks whereislogic.

I admit I was a bit hasty to compare with other translations, which clearly spelled Jehovah as Lord Almighty.

I hope this will clear up Trinitarian's wishful thinking of trying to replace God with Jesus, due to poor translations.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Then what is all this about isreal?

If this is not the group god made his original covenant with , then why does it matter if they chose the name “isreal” for their country?

Also it isn’t their descendants, then this isn’t a continuation of that society/civilization/exc.. this is a totally different one.

If they don’t matter anymore (replacement theology) then the prophecies are invalid.

On the other point of a temple getting built on the old site....

BWAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHA

That would literally lead to their destruction..

Every country on the planet would turn their backs on isreal and every Muslim on the planet would charge..

Just imagaine if Muslims bulldozed the Vatican..

Catholics would go violent..

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
Vegas, Halvamal

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the Vegas too, but the sweet sesame and honey taste of Halvamal takes some beating.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

...The original covenant will play out here on earth and the new one will play out for eternity in heaven.

Note that in the bible quotations below Jesus is referring to the Mosaic Law with the expression "the Law" (after 1:00):

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Did you miss out on 2 Samuel??

2 Samuel 7:10-17

10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,

11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the Lord telleth thee that he will make thee an house.

12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

Read verse 14 very carefully. This is talking about the period of the Millennial Kingdom, not heaven. In heaven, there will be no iniquity that will be punished with the rod of men.

Also, the book of Revelation talks about the Millennial Kingdom and then the New Jerusalem coming down from heaven. The Millennial Kingdom is described in Revelation 20 and then the New Jerusalem comes down in Revelation 21 to establish it as a heavenly kingdom forever. We know that Revelation 20 is talking about an earthly kingdom because it talks about Satan being released after the thousand years are over to go out and deceive all of the nations of the four corners of the earth/world. Satan won't be allowed in heaven to do that.

edit on 28-1-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Revelation 1:8 (NW)

“I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,”* says Jehovah* God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

You're the one ignoring scripture when you refuse to read and understand the previous verse or the ones that come after it.

Revelation 1:7

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Revelation 1:17-18

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God. (John 8:47)

Yet you are the one who is the Jehovah's Witness quoting from your own "New World" translation of the Bible. This is why YOU do not listen.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Did you miss out on 2 Samuel??

I fail to see in what way 2 Sameul suppose to be related or refuted Jeremiah 31:31, that God can revoke covenants, which I stated previously.

10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,

11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the Lord telleth thee that he will make thee an house.

12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

Read verse 14 very carefully. This is talking about the period of the Millennial Kingdom, not heaven. In heaven, there will be no iniquity that will be punished with the rod of men.

So you are moving your subject to Millennia Kingdom instead. That's fine with me.

Judging by your highlights, I take it you emphasize on God's promises to David?

Also, the book of Revelation talks about the Millennial Kingdom and then the New Jerusalem coming down from heaven. The Millennial Kingdom is described in Revelation 20 and then the New Jerusalem comes down in Revelation 21 to establish it as a heavenly kingdom forever. We know that Revelation 20 is talking about an earthly kingdom because it talks about Satan being released after the thousand years are over to go out and deceive all of the nations of the four corners of the earth/world. Satan won't be allowed in heaven to do that.

Well yes. Problem is, you are talking about a Millennial Kingdom during the time of David as stated by 2 Samuel. We all know David's kingdom did not last forever as God had promised ( 2 Samuel 7:10 ). The Israelites lost their land and were scattered around the world after several invasions by Babylon, Macedonian Greeks, Roman etc.. It wasn't until 1948, when the Jewish State of Israel was proclaimed.

So no. God did not keep His end agreement with David as stated by 2 Samuel. Therefore, Millenial Kingdom did not happen and neither do Revelation 20 about an earthly Kingdom.

Armageddon, the Beasts and The Heavenly New Jerusalem you envision remain speculation and probably may not happen at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So you are moving your subject to Millennia Kingdom instead. That's fine with me.

Judging by your highlights, I take it you emphasize on God's promises to David?

I didn't move the subject. The verses in 2 Samuel are talking about the future Millennial Kingdom where the seed that he sets up after him is the one that leads to Jesus' thousand years of rule after his second coming. Why else do you think Jesus' entire ancestry is listed in the beginning of the New Testament? The reason it says that David's kingdom will last forever is because Jesus will be carrying it over into the New Jerusalem after the thousand years are over. What part do you not understand about Revelation chapters 20 and 21? If there wasn't going to be a Millennial Kingdom, there would be no reason for John to mention it in Revelation 20.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Double Post

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join