It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is All About Jesus Christ Being Exalted.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just wanted to jump in on the Hitler nonsense.

It is documented very clearly that one of Hitler's opponents was Christianity. He abhored Christianity, and had plans to extinguish the theology once he finished the war.

You are correct that he said many nice things in his early political career. Germany was the Christian Capital of the world. He'd have been politically suicidal to mention his disdain publicly.

I had an itch about this topic about 5-6 years ago and satisfied myself at that time with the above mentioned. Wished I could provide you with links or quotes. Go do your own homework and stop shooting from the hip.

Also... He was inline with Replacement Theory. I won't name the Christian sects that profess this doctrine for almost 2 millenia. But that also is incorrect, anti-semitic, and evil. Zecharia disproved replacement theology in 1948.
edit on 26-1-2018 by FingerMan because: eh...

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
I hate to break it to you, but Jesus was the angel of the LORD who spoke to Moses in the burning bush and communed with Abraham in Genesis 18 and 22 (which is why Abraham called him Lord).That's why Jesus said that before Abraham, was I am, in verse John 8:58. Jesus is the physical manifestation of God whether it's through the sound of his voice or physical manifestations in the form of an angel.

You made it up.

1. Jesus was never be an angel.
It's violates the Nicene Creed, "And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds (æons), Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father; By whom all things were made [both in heaven and on earth]; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary, and was made man;

2 . Jesus has nothing to do with Moses or Abraham or Isaac. The sole reason for Jesus to came down from Heaven is for the salvation of mankind through sacrifice.

John 1:29
29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

John 17:1-5
1 When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You. 2 For You granted Him authority over all humanity, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him. 3 Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on earth by accomplishing the work You gave Me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed.

3. God conversed directly with Abraham, Isaac and Moses. There wasn't an angel sent. The only prophet who God didn't converse directly is Muhammad.

Exodus 3:13-15
13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.”[a] And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I am has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘The Lord,[YHWH] the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you’: this is my name for ever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

Jesus is God, but I don't expect you to have the wisdom to understand that since you're not familiar with the stories in the Bible and who said what.

I am familiar with Nicene Creed which dictates, "And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds (æons), Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father; By whom all things were made [both in heaven and on earth]; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary, and was made man;

Jesus is the only-begotten Son of God.

John 1:18 - 18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

That's right, Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.

Exodus 6:3 - 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

Jesus is not Jehovah or YHWH.

edit on 26-1-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'm not going to play the Joshua Cox game with you of explaining something to you only for you to ignore what I said and repeat yourself. Wisdom is not being referred to in Proverbs 8:35-36, even though it was referred to in the first few verses of the chapter.

The entire Proverbs chapter 8 is about A call to Wisdom. It has nothing to do with Jesus as Wisdom of God as claimed by Chesterjohn

Also, the quotes given in the New Testament are from Jesus, not Luke or John. They gave people quotes that Jesus himself spoke to them.

Again Jesus spoke the way of heaven through Him in New Testament. Jesus did not and never spoke about the Call for Wisdom in the entire Chapter of Proverbs 8 of the Old Testament.

They are completely irrelevant.
edit on 26-1-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

I don't know. If you sit and think, and try to truly comprehend the massiveness of GOD, possibilities open up.

For instance, GOD obviously operates outside of time and space. So, it is theoretically possible that Jesus could have been at all of these events, as he could just be plucked from one instance to the other. His birth within our time/space reality would have no bearing on this eternal nature, as eternity rests outside of our space/time.

So, not saying I believe that. Just saying that swallowing that pill isn't so hard if you are a Christian.

If Jesus is the mouthpiece for the Lord in our future, makes sense he was the mouthpiece in the past as well.

edit on 26-1-2018 by FingerMan because: spell correction

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

Except that his mouthpiece was about salvation and He made that clear the moment John the baptist saw him. He has nothing to do with creation and everything else. That would be God's job. God the Father or YHWH or Jehovah. Not the kind of job for Jesus, the begotten son of God.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to: JoshuaCox

grow up man, you know exactly what I meant by the response to the specific sins in the posters point. Sin corrupted everything in this universe from bacteria to the far away galaxies.

My son has a SHANK3 Deletion limited to his neurological physiology. But I don't blame God for his situation. He doesn't sweat as you do so his body over heats and have severe seizures, some can cause death. Because he cannot get rid of the water he should sweat out can form cysts on his brain and if it ruptures will cause him an excruciating painful and immediate death. He can't defend himself physically, he cannot make rational decisions, he will never be able to drive or even count money for himself because he does not understand quantity and quality.

Is it God's fault? NO! it is corruption to the system caused by sin.
edit on 26-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Almost everyone here who has participated has taken the thread off topic.

I have not been engaged at all about the thread.

Onwe man says I have taken as few verse to prove my point but if he worth his salt, knows it is more than a few.

But why not go after the Mormons who base a Whole doctriine out of ONE verse, baptism for the dead.

So either bugger off and get back on topic guys or go start you own threads.
edit on 26-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
I have refuted your claimed and you have yet to address them. None of the Old Testament texts which you provided, relevant to OP.

The Bible isn't ALL about Jesus being exalted. The Bible is ALL about collection of stories from the time of Genesis until The Act of Apostles, which involved many prophets, kings and kingdoms, God's Law etc..Jesus is just a part of the stories. And that part of story never claim that Jesus was an angel manifestion of God, nor taken part in the creation of New Earth or Heaven, nor in any way influence Lucifer and his nonsenses fairy tales etc...

The Bible literally mentioned Jesus was a son of man, who acted as the lamb of God and, as stated by John the Baptist, the one who wash away the sin of the world. The Christian churches acknowledged Jesus as the begotten Son of God through Nicene Creed. In no circumstances, the christian churches ever acknowledge Jesus as God the Father, the Creator, the I AM WHO I AM or YHWH or Jehovah. And thus, Jesus shouldn't be treated as such.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Replacement theology is alive and well. There is no disproving a religious tradition.. it is not based on facts in the first place it is based on faith..

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Replacement Theology = Antisemitism
Replacement Theology = Blasphemy
Replacement Theology = AntiChrist

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
More Than Likely Because "The Christ" Washed Away Our Sins And Replaced It With The Light Of The World. Tis No Easy Thing To Love. It's A Cross And It Must Be Carried That One May Know The Mystery Of The Crown. In Cábala The Crown Is Called Keter... In Spanish We Pronounce It As "Quitar" (Keetal), It's Mirror Is Also In Spanish Called "Cuidar" (Kweedal)
The former is "take away" the latter is "take care"

Evil is real...
edit on 26-1-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

Except that his mouthpiece was about salvation and He made that clear the moment John the baptist saw him. He has nothing to do with creation and everything else. That would be God's job. God the Father or YHWH or Jehovah. Not the kind of job for Jesus, the begotten son of God.

Your statement above is just more proof that you know nothing about the Bible and what it says about Jesus. Jesus is the one who created everything and without him, nothing would consist...

John 1:1-4,14

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Colossians 1:12-19

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The Christian churches acknowledged Jesus as the begotten Son of God through Nicene Creed. In no circumstances, the christian churches ever acknowledge Jesus as God the Father, the Creator, the I AM WHO I AM or YHWH or Jehovah. And thus, Jesus shouldn't be treated as such.

LOL! You don't even understand the Nicene Creed which recognizes God as being the Holy Trinity of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one...

1 John 5:7

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Deuteronomy 6:4

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Zecariah 14:9

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Matthew 28:19

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

THEY ARE ONE!!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

To you it means those things..

I think that has you ignoring that it was the dominant Christian dogma for 1940 years lol.. Christianity as a whole has been all “let’s love everyone” for exactly 70 years.. out of 2000..

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Actually it wasn’t the nicene council where they debated the trinity. That was the aryan Revolution/rebellion I think..

Dan brown mixed his facts up and gave a bunch of people bad info. Bart Ehrman clears that up..

It is true that they debated the trinity. It just wasn’t at the council of nicea.

So your point stands.. a

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

So then why does jesus say “father why have you forsaken me?”

If jesus is god.. he would already know the answer..

There are a dozen other quotes where jesus clearly states he is not god..

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

All you have given is an opinions not one fact in the lot. At least I showed bible verse to support my views you show nothing but opinions.

The Nicene Creed was nothing but a bunch of men in their flesh, most of which were Roman Catholics from 325AD.

I never consider any if them so called church fathers. i would hat best call then false teachers and heretics.

If all you believe is the Bible is a collection of Stories then you are a lost man at worse and a beguiled saved man at best.

You cannot refute with personal opinion you must use the Bible to refute Bible. Which you haven't yet to do.

So you refuted nothing except in your little mind, which is very limited when it comes to scriptures. Been listening to to many MEN, and not the preserved scriptures of God at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Not part of the original OP

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

not part of the OP

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

not part of the OP