It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is All About Jesus Christ Being Exalted.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Because there is so much information in the Bible about the Millennial Kingdom, I'm just going to post this link to explain it with some Old and New Testament verses that discuss it. However, I don't believe these are ALL of the Old Testament verses that touch on the subject.

"The Second Coming of Jesus and the Millennial Kingdom"

bible.org...

If you believe that the Millennial Kingdom is only speculation, then you probably also believe that the second coming of Jesus is only speculation. If that's the case, I'm not sure why you would waste your time discussing it in this thread.

My guess is just that you haven't read or studied the Bible enough to know or understand most of it. You do or don't believe in the second coming of Jesus?

edit on 28-1-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
Truth hurts now don't it? But no anger there except in your own heart.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No I think it is the kidnapping and torturing for all eternity that hurts, not the truth..

I mean jesus, Muslim terrorists don’t torture people for all eternity..

Rapists don’t torture people for all eternity..

Child molestors don’t either..

I am quite sure that benevolent gods always torture the souls of people who never heard of them for all eternity..

That would definitely not be the trait of a Hitler like god...

edit on 28-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
We all go to the next place there is no hell...don't let people fool you into believing in it it only effects you for the worse in this life.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
I didn't move the subject. The verses in 2 Samuel are talking about the future Millennial Kingdom

You brought up future event where no one can verify?
I thought I already stated, I'm not interested with predicament. I'm looking for evidence of truth.

where the seed that he sets up after him is the one that leads to Jesus' thousand years of rule after his second coming. Why else do you think Jesus' entire ancestry is listed in the beginning of the New Testament? The reason it says that David's kingdom will last forever is because Jesus will be carrying it over into the New Jerusalem after the thousand years are over.

John wasn't entirely correct either. Technically Jesus didn't have any ancestry. Jesus is the son of God, remember? Being adopted by Joseph didn't change Jesus's bloodline or DNA.

What part do you not understand about Revelation chapters 20 and 21?

I do not understand why you brought up future event that no one can observe and verify. This certainly isn't going to make your argument true.

If there wasn't going to be a Millennial Kingdom, there would be no reason for John to mention it in Revelation 20.

Of course not. But John was an illiterate fisherman who was known to add something that Jesus never said, surprisingly quite familiar with Greek philosophy, such as Logos, which is foreign to Jewish tradition, and wrote in Koine Greek quite well. One would suspicious if the author really was John the disciple of Jesus, and not some ambiguous gnostic Greek's author. As you can see, John writing is remarkable "unique" compare to Mark, Luke and Matthew.
edit on 28-1-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

If you believe that the Millennial Kingdom is only speculation, then you probably also believe that the second coming of Jesus is only speculation. If that's the case, I'm not sure why you would waste your time discussing it in this thread.

The OP isnt about predicament. It's about The Bible is ALL about exalting Jesus. I'm here to learn the truth about Jesus and the Bible. I'm not here to speculate.

Edit: I believe in the second coming. I just don't understand why people keep linking it with Armageddon when it was suppose to happen like 1000 years ago. Also, 2 messiah was killed by the Israelites and there will be no more coming messiah after Jesus, yet John fail to reveal that vital information in Revelation? For your information, The Jews are still waiting for their Messiah and it's has been like what? 2000 years and still nothing happen? Not only that, there isn't any "lasting forever" Jerusalem Kingdom nor David Kingdom nor David's descendants Kingdom for the past 3000 years. And you keep parroting nonsense thing about Millenial Kingdom?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

John wasn't entire correct either. Technically Jesus didn't have any ancestry. Jesus is the son of God, remember? Being adopted by Joseph didn't change Jesus's bloodline or DNA.

While Jesus was the Son of God, he was also human and called the Son of Man. While he was conceived by the Holy Spirit, he was born to Mary, who also was in the line of David. So, Jesus wasn't just adopted by Joseph, he was physically born to Mary.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Of course not. But John was an illiterate fisherman who was known to add something that Jesus never said,

How did you come to that conclusion, considering you're not very literate when it comes to what's written in the Bible to begin with? I'm guessing you learned this over the internet by another Bible illiterate?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'm here to learn the truth about Jesus and the Bible. I'm not here to speculate.

There's only one way you're going to learn the truth about Jesus and the Bible. It all comes through personal experiences with God. It requires a humble heart and some serious prayers to God for answers. A stubborn or mocking heart won't lead to answered prayers. Ask sincerely, and God will reveal himself to you (the keyword is SINCERELY).

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Of course not. But John was an illiterate fisherman who was known to add something that Jesus never said,

How did you come to that conclusion, considering you're not very literate when it comes to what's written in the Bible to begin with? I'm guessing you learned this over the internet by another Bible illiterate?

The Gospel of John and Revelation are claimed to be written by John. Interpolation from unknown sources are all over his writings making him distinctive among the rest of gospel writers. Would you denied that?

I did my researches. If you care to read my links from my previous posts, you'd notice I quoted from respectable sources such as statement from Pope, footnote from Origen, remarks from scholar like Bart Ehrman etc.. I cautious with what I've learn.

I'm tired with your character assassination. Instead of addressing the issue properly, you switch to character attacks. True scholars wouldn't resolve to such pathetic attempts. It seem to me, you can't have an honest discussion without belittling others. You offer nothing new. Your answers are quite common and expected for a trinitarian. Therefore, I concluded your "literate Biblical knowledge" isn't worth my time.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

The Gospel of John and Revelation are claimed to be written by John. Interpolation from unknown sources are all over his writings making him distinctive among the rest of gospel writers. Would you denied that?

Interpolation from unknown sources? Do you have an example? You're not making any sense.

But I'm tired with your character assassination. True scholars wouldn't resolve to such pathetic attempts. It seem to me, you can't have an honest discussion without belittling others. You provide nothing new. Your answers are quite common and expected for a trinitarian. Therefore, I concluded your "literate Biblical knowledge" isn't worth my time.

Have a nice day.

I apologize for belittling you, but it's clear from your posts that you either haven't read the Bible or don't understand what you read, probably because you think that's a waste of time too. It's clear that you're more interested in trying to debate a topic you really don't know anything about.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Neighbour. You claim that you have an education in scripture, yet you don't know the first thing about your new testament. As already pointed out, the old testament has no words from Jesus.

Perhaps it has according to the Apostle John.

John_5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

John said that Jesus said that Moses wrote of Him [Jesus]. If that be true where is that located? Jesus says that Moses wrote of Him according to the red letter of the KJV bible.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Here's one example...

Genesis 28:10-13

10 And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.

11 And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.

12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

13 And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;

John 1:49-51

49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.

51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

John 1:45

45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.
edit on 28-1-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Wrote of him, does not mean Jesus' words are in the OT

It means Moses wrote of the messiah's coming

Unfortunately Jesus doesn't qualify as the judaic messiah

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It means Moses wrote of the messiah's coming

Unfortunately Jesus doesn't qualify as the judaic messiah

There you go calling Jesus a liar again!

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

ye best read that again...

He wrote of me... does not mean "my words are in the OT"

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

a reply to: Seede Wrote of him, does not mean Jesus' words are in the OT It means Moses wrote of the messiah's coming Unfortunately Jesus doesn't qualify as the judaic messiah Text

Point taken, but there are other avenues of understanding your premise. No, Jesus did not exist in the Tanakh or the Torah as the human man named Jesus. He had not as yet been born. But, also Jesus the human man did not exist in the book of Revelation. He was dead was He not? Yet being dead did He not author Revelation? So in all cases of the biblical literature Jesus wrote nothing by His own hand, is that not true?

Yet if Jesus is credited as the author of Revelation, of which John penned, then why does this not apply to the Torah or Tanakh literature? If this cannot apply to OT then it cannot apply to NT. If one accepts the fifth chapter of John as words spoken by Jesus then that one must accept Moses writings also. In both cases Jesus is absent as the scribe. In your premise it is impossible to present theological evidence in any literature that is not provable. Then by your standards all non fiction literature would have to be provable by whose standards? You can open a can of worms on that premise.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Seede, something that no one is saying is this. Jesus had a body when he wrestled with Jacob. He had a body when he stood to be with Joshua.

The one thing is God is a Constant in all of our time. So Jesus was born 2000 years ago is only 2 days to him. But it doesn't matter when he got his body along a time line the point is he always had a body. But only had to have it manifest once, that moment he came in the flesh was through Mary 2000 years ago. He is eternal from everlasting to everlasting. Though he had a point in our 24/7where he received his flesh that point is nothing to him as he is the whole time line from everlasting to everlasting.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

But, also Jesus the human man did not exist in the book of Revelation. He was dead was He not? Yet being dead did He not author Revelation?

No actually... John of Patmos authored revelation...

the idea that Jesus was the author is just Christian Dogma...

IF that was actually the case i would have to assume it would sound similar to the four gospels when read... and it sounds nothing like anything in the gospels at all

Many christians assume that Jesus is all through the book... in reality he is only found in the NT

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Seede, something that no one is saying is this. Jesus had a body when he wrestled with Jacob. He had a body when he stood to be with Joshua.

Yes , in my view you are correct but to present this to people that cannot understand is very difficult to explain to them. Actually Chester when I was a youngster I could not understand how a person could see Jesus in the Exodus as the pillar of light and clouds of glory. Nor could I see Jesus in the ark of the covenant talking to Moses or in the arm of king David as he slew his cousin Goliath. But after I was led to the truth that Jesus was the Creator of both the celestial and terrestrial, then it began to fit together. Through all of both the NT and OT Jesus is the author of this creation just as John tells us.

Stand tall Chester and the sword of truth is your reward.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join