It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptocalypse-Did you Sell?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Looks like I can pick up another 780ti on ebay pretty cheap.

Mining with my current setup is slow as snip.

Checking out GPU-z and bus usage was around 9%.

Even on this old Pci express 2.0 won't be a problem.

It's an Asus Maximus II formula p45 chipset. Intel quad core Q9550.

Got a free pci x1 slot so might get a pack of those risers and pick up two 780 ti's and still wouldn't even come close to current new gen card prices.

Been two days using Kryptex my balance is reading $3.32 .

Not even close to being able to try to withdraw anything yet.
edit on 19-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

A little heads up.

Amazon has gtx 1050 and 1050 it's on a 0re order for Jan 22 and Jan 28 shipping date. Check it out. You can get a dollar or a little more a day from one.

I am racking my brain trying to figure out how to come up with a few dollars.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

The 1050 would be worse than I'm getting now.

www.nicehash.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I,was just thinking price and ROI.

For $129 For the 1050 and $179 For the 1050 ti. That's pretty cheap. The ti says a $45 a month return. That's not bad.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I HODL'd & LOL'd while my ASICS pwned ETH ALGOS aaaaalllll DIP long BRAH! Flippin BAT BNB NEO NOVA IOTA LAMB (duh) w/ev ttyl PnD CANDLE MASS scammer cucks.
(rofl)

Go Z Cash!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
OK, I understood all that...now I know I'm too far gone....

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

I held too. In fact I am looking at signing up with another exchange so I can gain access to very new and unheard of coins. There is a bunch of new ideas with block chain, industry and social media. We will see.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I held and bought more when it bottomed out. TRX XRP XVG XLM. Hopefully it works out in 6 months to 2 years.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I only asked because you made the comment "if it gets the right buy in" (regarding Ripple). There have been some very substantial newsworthy articles regarding Ripple over the past couple of years. Most notably regarding the recent MoneyGram and Ripple partnership and an as yet to be confirmed rumor about Ripple and Western Union entering into a partnership.

This is huge news and quite frankly if successful will make Ripple substantially more valuable as a tech than all other cryptos. It is seeking to replace SWIFT as the world's method of transferring funds. More on this in a moment.

99.99% of all the alts are BS coins with zero value in terms of tech. The market in crypto will consolidate behind major players. BTC (Bitcoin), ETH (Ethereum), and XRP (Ripple) will carve out very unique niches. BTC has a lot of hurdles to overcome. Too damn slow and the fees are too damn expensive. This is why we have forks. More forks to come in the next 2 years.

There is now (as of today) an unconfirmed report out of China that will prohibit payment service providers from facilitating cryptocurrency-related transactions, among other stipulations. Even though this report is still unconfirmed as of this post entry, if true, will have ramifications yet again in the crypto world.

China is creating their own cryptocurrency in an attempt to become the world's reserve in the crypto world. This is why China is pulling out of BTC mining and making it illegal. This latest move by China to ban payment service providers from facilitating crypto transactions is yet another move by China to corner the Chinese market so you can ONLY use Chinese crypto. It's the same reason China has developed all of their own tech.

The crypto world over the next 2 years is going to be volatile for sure. Ripple is going to be a major player. BTC can continue to be a benchmark but only if they get fees down and transaction times reduced significantly. Ethereum for smart contracts will be substantial as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wild price fluctuations, I think, are inherently part of the system at this point. The entire system is a modern day Wild West. That’s not intrinsically a bad thing, but the risks are substantial. Many fortunes will be certainly be made, but just like the gold rush in the 1800’s, many more fortunes will be lost than gained.

I think investing with rational sums of money is the key.
edit on 19-1-2018 by SlightlyAbovePar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Very well said.

I look forward to Ripple partnering up with many companies and hope they continue to use XRP as the main currency for cross boarder payments.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sold nothing, did a couple trades to increase the amount of BTC I had total, thats it.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
I didn't sell the little bit of Bitcoin I have. I'm in it for the long run. I recently invested in cloud mining. At least that makes me feel like I'm getting some value from it. It will take about 4 months to break even though.

How does the cloud mining work?

Without researching it..it would appear odd and bizarre that anyone would offer mining for rent when they could just do it themselves.

I mine for coins and currently the return on the gear i bought is about the same...so you must be buying mining gear ? Just not having it at your residence.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I'm at war with myself over cloud mining.

I want to pull the trigger on it, but just can't do it.

Think I'd be better off just buying a couple of cards and doing it myself.

Buy them when you can..the faster the better...prices going up almost weekly.

The 1080's i bought last year for 600 now go for 1000 or more.

Even still..i would continue to get more machines as it is very satisfying watching cryptos count up and sending them to wallets and exchanges without buying anymore.

Just way more fun mining than loading money into exchanges.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I'm actually apprehensive bout kryptex.

It pays out in BTC.

But they give you 'krptocredits'.

But what the hell.

I've got nothing to lose.

I can still use my pc unlike when I was using Claymore Miner.

Kryptex is scary and runs slow as hell.

Sometimes it just runs and nothing happens...uninstalled and deleted forever...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Gotta love gambling.

A friend of mine's son in law invested in bitcoin and I shook my head as he has no idea-he's too busy playing candy crush to keep focus on the prices, when he is not paying attention the worth could plateau and then fall fast when he isn't looking.

Keep your eyes on the ball as always, if I were to gamble on stock it'd be blue chips, not some pseudo currency.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Anyone that can help me get this stupid app botted up to latch onto open source email addresses that will let 1 or 2 cents of Bitcoin get deposited into my coinbase account... let's say maybe 1 million times a day? There's plenty of email addresses to go around, and it has been making free deposits into my account. I have to x out of a lot of ads, but it sure beats mining.

coinspinner.me...

I expect a PM, a thank you, and an invite for anyone that can make this happen. It's going to take a back door approach to accessing them or watch the bots do it anyway. Estimations for the last Bitcoin being mined are 2140 as of now. It's impossible to find a whole Bitcoin without settling into small fractional shares.

When a block is solved, it drops 25 Bitcoins... there are no blocks left that an individual mines in... even the beast equipment needs help.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
No, I bought more Bitcoin, Litecoin, and much more Etherium. It dropped and then began leveling out. Now my balances are increasing.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
After 4 days.

I'm up to $4.85 on Kryptex.

On a 780 ti.

At this rate I will be able to buy a new video card in bout 1000 days.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I find it strange for South Korea that's big in the industry of electronics would be so reluctant on accepting the innovation of cryptocurrency. That crytpcurrency uses that electric hardware in some form.

So this is the same thing as petro putting a ban on motor vehicle production. So if South Korea wants to commit economic suicide let em. The US will just pick up the pieces.

So here you are out in space a few sectors out from Earth and you're a trucking/trading vessel pulling over at MCD's hub, are you going to use paper money that can only be printed on Earth? No you're going to use cryptocurrency quantum entanglement computer transactions. ROFL.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join