It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptocalypse-Did you Sell?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not on the front end... it comes on the side of stupid and moronic legislation.

Like writing off all traveling, rent on the apartment you mine from, meals, a damn lease on a car as long as it weighs over 5,500 pounds. Yes... some of the laws that benefit business make zero sense and contribute to waste.

Sorry, but if I have to cut my Mpg by 3/5 to be able to write something off, I am putting employees in the heaviest and largest car I can find.

Claiming max exemptions, demanding a cease to the via process taking social security out, and letting earnings work for ourselves instead of Uncle Sam is where it's at. This is the Trump playbook I am telling here... where not paying taxes is advised.

I'd be willing to play by the rules if I trusted what the feds did with it. I don't trust them to not waste it, and I can do a better job on my own. I dance the line...I pay what I am legally obligated to, bur strive to give them as little as possible too.

The accountant is a business' best friend. If you're getting a refund each year, dump your accountant and find one that has a "Screw Sam" sign on their desk.
edit on 21-1-2018 by ttobban because: added comment

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Agreed, and your comment is an educated one.

The rumors are just that and the fact is litecoin, unless litecoin has some HUGE NEWS about it's operating perimeters, is that it is not fast enough or cheap enough.

Ripple would be much better suited for a big corp.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Day 5 using Kryptex/

780 Ti.

$5.53 the bitcoin transaction fee is covered

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If I were you I'd at least be mining Altcoins.

I mine minted coins that are worth way less... digital note and Bytecoin right now.

When comparing coins gained to projected transfer rates it's far more economical. Let the Walmart sized bots handle Bitcoin while working with the Mom and Pop budget... mining Bitcoin is like washing your car with Evian water.
edit on 21-1-2018 by ttobban because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I am working now... I'm an investor.

But don't own a home, hold hard assets in reserve.

Yah, tell me

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Sorry, but if I have to cut my Mpg by 3/5 to be able to write something off, I am putting employees in the heaviest and largest car I can find.

So you do earn on the backs of others...

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

"Horseless Carriage" ?

Lol, the King isn't wearing any clothes.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't.

Done trying to convince younger generations the difference between tangible, intrinsic, hard assets and

phoneybaloney.

They line up in droves to laud The Establishment. Enjoy the shadow play on Plato's cave wall.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Well I wasted a week with Kryptex.

'File corrupted. This program has been manipulated and maybe it's infected by a virus or crakced. This file won't work anymore.

So I'm deleting it completely.

And gonna try to find an older version of nicehash.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

1 Worker.

Nicehash Legacy miner.

$2.77/Day Blakes 2s

780 ti.
edit on 21-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am new to the mining side of this new brave world, what do those mean?

Blakes 2s

780 ti.

I am trying to convince my son who is mid teens and owns some Digitalnote and Verge to use one of my 3 year old laptops to mine digitalnote. I will see if I can get him on board this week if not, I may take the computer and get this up.
I may tap you and ttobban on the shoulder to get this little ship of mine off the ground, I like to avoid the scraped elbows and knees if I can.

edit on 21-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Blakes 2s is the algorithm used to mine.

780 ti is my video card.

Nicehash tells you which one is the most profitable any given time.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thanks, the computer I plan on using is a 3 year old asus. Not sure what video card is in it, it is on a shelf in the basement.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

980ti or better.

The more cards the more $$.

Getting $1.76/day now.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I will have to warm the little beast up and see what is under the hood.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There's a difference between earning for money and money earning for a person... both of those are a choice and are not of a self serving nature to choose either.

That's the main flaw with your premise as I am responding based on your initial argument. You seemingly feel like we own the money we possess. I, and the bulk of investors don't feel an ownership to money... it's just in our possessions for a short while, and using it for earning purposes instead of hoarding. Saving or spending money... it's a freedom of choice to choose what's best for ourselves and families.

Being willing to rent and earn from a pool of people that have zero desire to learn to earn will be a faction of commerce that always exists.

Take all my money... I'd be happy to lose it, as I am going to give it all away anyway. Split all the 'whatever' currency evenly across all the consumers that spend and earn... in 3 years time the money will be in the pockets of investors again. It will end up in the same pockets it's in now for the simple fact that people don't care to own the responsibility of personal finance management... surely not because all investors are greedy like you seemingly feel.

In fact, you are the "Owner" side of the debate here if you think about it... feeling like you need to own and hold it for it to be credible. There's a tad bit of cognitive dissonance to your hypothesis...

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
With a gut wrenching drop that would have cast the "real" investment world into a global depression, the crypto world is already healing.

$260 billion ‘cryptocalypse’ hits
www.ozynews.com...

Some say it was whales moving the market by selling off their significant portfolios, mainly BitCoin-Eth-and Ripple. This caused waves of FUD dropping from what I saw, every single crypto had losses that would have crippled any fortune 500 company.

Uproar over crackdown on cryptocurrencies divides South Korea
www.reuters.com...

OR did the news/rumors of bans from China and Korea cause a wave of fear? Turned out no bans, but Korea will follow China's style of regulating crypto. We will see what that means.

South Korea Crypto Crackdown Causes Correction; but No Ban
It is very likely this will end up playing out the same way the China ban did (where some of the worst practices of cryptocurrency were regulated, not banned).[4]
cryptocurrencyfacts.com...

Now the real question for what seems like the 7 or so members here at ATS that are invested in crypto, did you sell any of their crypto investments?
I did not sell any of the 7 crypto's that I own. And my 7 carefully researched coins as of mid morning are up an average of 57.88%. Of course this is after watching them fall by larger %'s losses, but I think we will see a restored market.
If I were a betting man, and I am in crypto so I obviously am, I think this was all caused by rumors of crypto bans and whales flexing their impressive muscles.

Hate to break it to you; but you should have sold all your holdings at it's ridiculous high.

Crypto is a fantasy; it will NEVER be stable, because it CANNOT be stable. It's growth is exponential, which means it's loss is exponential, which means it grows and loses so fast, that an hour later what you paid for a product can be worth twice the product. This is why no businesses really accept crypto, and why Valve, owners of steam, stopped accepting BTC as payment for their distribution service.

A volatile currency can never be used, it's essentially a fake propped up investment scam. It's an intangible commodity like Gold, except it's not real and cannot be used like gold can for it's conductive properties. The bubble will rise, pop, new investors who were broke will try to get back in on it, it will rise and pop, until the trend passes. The bubble should theoretically reach less highs each time it pops as people start to realize how crypto's work.

Essentially it boils down to crypto's being designed multiplicative instead of additive; if you search my post history, there is a pretty decent breakdown I did a few weeks back.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

980ti or better.

The more cards the more $$.

Getting $1.76/day now.

Ya; wait until you see your electric bill. You're losing money. Also, ONE DOLLAR SEVENTY SIX CENTS, is a waste of 24 hours. 7 cents an hour, to put all that strain on your computer?????

Makes no sense.
edit on 21-1-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

But what If I'm using solar panels ?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I just watched a video.

And the dude said Amazon Prime doesn't price gouge video card prices like everyone else does.

I have no idea if that's true.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join