It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptocalypse-Did you Sell?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

to put all that strain on your computer?????

It's not doing anything else.

Besides it's OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: SRPrime

But what If I'm using solar panels ?

Fair; still -- you'll expense more than that on hardware alone. Mining crypto stresses components, it's basically running cpu/gpu at max cycles, which drastically reduces life time. You won't make enough money farming cryptos at that rate to replace the system when it dies from mining.

It's basically too late to mine unless you're conscripting other computers in a botnet via hackware to mine for you when they're "idle."

BTW; that's how BTC is mined today. By stealing computational cycles of idle computers with home made viruses.

You go from 1.76$ a day, and the cost of the power and hardware strain on you, to offloading the computation to everyone you can infect who knows nothing about computers, increasing your yield to thousands per day at 0 cost to you, outside of the illegality of it.
edit on 21-1-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ya know what testing the waters is ?

I built this computer almost 8 years ago.

I picked up a used 780 ti off ebay a year ago.

Everything is already way past it's hay day.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It seems like you have something personal against people doing what they like to do.

Who cares?

I'm in the process of piecing together a back country hack job mining setup. So what if I spend a couple of hundred dollars to make a dollar or two a day. I think it is cool and I need a new hobby anyways. Hobbies generally cost money. Some more than others.

I have kids, I spend a ridiculous amount of money on crap that doesnt even exist in my house a few months later.

People have been saying bitcoin is worthless for over about a decade. The damn things are $12,000 a piece. I'm sorry but that is not worthless no matter how you want to try to spin it.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Agreed, looking at what i have invested in crypto, less than 1% of my total investments. It is a cheap gamble that has paid off 300% after the down turn.

No one can say for sure what is going to happen with crypto just like any other investment.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Crypto is a fantasy; it will NEVER be stable, because it CANNOT be stable. It's growth is exponential, which means it's loss is exponential, which means it grows and loses so fast, that an hour later what you paid for a product can be worth twice the product. This is why no businesses really accept crypto, and why Valve, owners of steam, stopped accepting BTC as payment for their distribution service.

A volatile currency can never be used, it's essentially a fake propped up investment scam.

Have you done any research into HOW it works, and what business problems the technology is positioned to SOLVE for businesses? Yes, it is volatile NOW...but the investors' bet is that more adoption and regulation are on the horizon, and hence, more usage and value. After just a little research, if you can't see how this will be the eventual future of money, I can't help ya more there....

Sure, it's going to be a bumpy ride, but as long as you don't bet the farm on it, what's it going to hurt? Especially since the payoff could be very big. Hell, I've got no illusions of becoming a millionaire here (though won't knock it)...but if I can get enough to pay my property tax for a year, I'm a happy camper.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What I like about NiceHash legacy miner ?

It cycles through alogrithims automatically finding the most profitable one.

What I don't like about it ?

After almost 24 hours. The first day my balance is sitting at $1.20

Which puts the monthly total at around $30ish dollars.

My cards 5 years old.

Not completely terrible.

It's going to be $30ish dollars I did not have before.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think the mining idea is a great one. And I question the electrical usage as a reason to poo poo it. It is a hobby at the point we are doing it. We do not have farms, just old equipment being re-purposed.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think the mining idea is a great one.

It's just a means to an end for me.

Mine to get some more cash.

Gonna buy a bot soon.

Then I will have a couple more income streams to put in to my accounts.

And I question the electrical usage as a reason to poo poo it.

Newer video cards are more energy efficient.

Every manufacture, and re seller has their power requirements.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i mentioned to my brother how these computerized coins are 'fake' and he brilliantly replied, so is the inter-nationalist paper the dFed 'loan' us at interest.

i think its amusing people buy and sell pokemon for billions of dollars.

i buy real things to sell. the profit margin is only 33% but its still profit margin lol.

but no joke, i wish i bought this pokemon stuff when i first saw it on attack of the show. i was shocked to see it back then, but now its huge.
edit on 22-1-2018 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Is the money gained from selling these "not real" items "real"?

Well, there ya go.

Poloneix is really ticking me off though. Finally got to a point I could upload vs. rely on the damn camera, and when it gets to face, just never takes it. I mean, c'mon, I'm no looker, but sheesh.... Now, can't try again for a whole damn day. Ugh. I may just go with Binance for the hell of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I hear ya, security is a real thing with most of these exchanges. And sometimes it isn't smooth.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Now, can't try again for a whole damn day. Ugh. I may just go with Binance for the hell of it.

I've been checking Bittrex every day.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've already got an account at Binance (and Polo), but just haven't verified them yet. Polo, because I can't seem to get a pic their automated system likes, and Binance, because originally, I was gun shy after the China crackdown. But, like you mentioned before, not like I'd have much in there, so if it did go poof.... I mostly just want it for the penny ones (which I consider under $5 each)
edit on 22-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Most of my positions range from $2.50 all the way to $150.

Checked out their advanced platform.

Like it better.

Right now it's a toss up between a new video card or a trading bot that works with both.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I bet there are more CryptoCoin investors (over 13 million accounts & growing) than there were 'house flippers in that hey-day of Retirement-made-easy speculators

I wish to point out that the deadly substance known to Superman as "Kryptonite"...
might soon become the new spelling for Crypto-Coins => Krypto-Cons

just an observation as the New-Better- Kryptos keep getting issued to a gleeful & speculating public
edit on nd31151665431722512018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Binance moved their headquarters out of China. They are now stationed in Japan. I was worried, but the Binance team seems to want to keep it going.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Did not hear about that.....interesting.

Got things going with Binance, so will see what cheapo ones I can get today.
edit on 23-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

i'm having a difficult time speaking the word, "Cryptocalypse"

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Well I wish it was behind us, but as we can easily see it is alive and well. It is hard to see the continual downward pressure. But good coins are going to do good t hings.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join