It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptocalypse-Did you Sell?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

There's no future mining bitcoin.

80% of them have already been mined.

cointelegraph.com...

Don't forget foresight.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

The card prices are getting way too high and the availability is dreadful. I

Finding that out the hard way.

The cryptopocalypse didn't effect mining rig prices on Ebay or Price goughing on Amazon and Newegg.

I might have to revisit it.

$220 versus $2,000 on hardware that's already outdated.
edit on 18-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: peter_kandra

There's no future mining bitcoin.

80% of them have already been mined.

cointelegraph.com...

Don't forget foresight.

serious question Neo, what happens when they're all mined?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Demand will increase.

Supply dwindles.

Price goes SKY HIGH and that ain't no lie.

We've already seen $20,000 BTC just recently.

Looking at those rigs that supply is dwindling fast.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Agreed.
What is odd, is that pre sept/december many of the alt coins were "reasonable". I like to invest in coins/tokens that I get knee deep in research and are "young" or better said-cheap. I did put some money in 2 coins that I am not super on board with, reddcoin and digitalnotes. That were "cheap".
I am not saying these coins are not good, I am saying that I don't see anything that stands head and shoulders above the competition. And they are performing good, and I have to make a decision on when to cut them loose and sell or to hold them.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr
a reply to: seasonal

I bought my first crypto during the dip.

Was thinking about it for about a month and then saw an opportunity to buy low. Just a small bit of etherium, but a fun investment to watch. I used coinbase, now looking at Poloniex for more variety.

Very good, you are planning for a future that no one has a clue to what exactly it is going to look like.
I have dropped less than 1% of my entire retirement investment in to this crypto world. So I have a cheap used car into crypto, but If I cashed out right now I could by a new f-150 (2X4).
But I am not going to cash out, I think my investments, especially Ripple is going to be world changing, sending cross boarder payments in the banking worlds will be "world changing" anyways.

edit on 18-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Demand will increase.

Supply dwindles.

Price goes SKY HIGH and that ain't no lie.

We've already seen $20,000 BTC just recently.

Looking at those rigs that supply is dwindling fast.

Excellent! I like the sound of that. I can convert my mining to a different crypto and just watch my Bitcoin value increase in the mean time.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I currently am holding BTC, ETH, Litecoin and Ripple... I'm thinking of picking up cardano... Anyone have experience with cardano? Also, I didn't sell anything off...

Also, diving through historical data...

2015 - low = Jan 14th = $152
2015 - year close = $430

2016 - low = Jan 16th = $352
2016 - year close = $966

2017 - low = Jan 11th = $755
2017 - year close = $13880

2018 - low = Jan 16th = under $10k
2018 - year close = ???

I see a trend

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So I have a cheap used car into crypto, but If I cashed out right now I could by a new f-150 (2X4).

Dammit.

I want one of those badly.

And no where near the required cash.,

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: notsure1

I hope you are correct. Now the last look I did at Dogecoin there was little in the way of updating done by their team, like it's been years.
Or do I have this coin mixed up with another?

They keep pushing the "to the moon " date back. Im reading now its not tell 2019 . I got 10,000 of them when they went down to 6$ 1000. they are over 8 again now. they were recently b4 this crash at 18
edit on 18-1-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've been day trading, I slipped my Ethereum into a coin that wasn't dropping as heavily, but I lost around 30%, today I gained 10%. I just started keeping track in great detail all of the various prices and exchange rates for taxes, wow, it is annoying.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If cards are played right, then you can reach goals.

The good news is you are in the game.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
At this point I'm not sure there is any real benefit in investing in Bitcoin. At least for the average guy like me who can only invest small amounts.

I focused on the smaller ones that have a low risk high reward type of investing.

First one I invested in was Ripple, which at one point I had 8x the value but I will continue to hold no matter what. I expect it to rise pretty good by end of 2018.

Another one is called KIN. It's the currency that will be used in KIK and I expect it to go up in 2018 as well. KIN is a little more difficult to buy/sell because you have to invest Ethereum. But you can invest a fairly small amount, like $100, and have a potential for a huge return. It's at .0004 price right now so $100 USD would get you 250,000 KIN.

As always, only invest what you are comfortable losing. I have a total $750 invested and have only used that money when buying and selling. It's an amount that if everything were to go belly up, I would be ok in losing.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

If cards are played right, then you can reach goals.

The good news is you are in the game.

That's why I've been looking in to mining.

Purchasing power multiplier.

Genesis is out of stock, and wants way too much.

Hashflare wants too much money for too little gain.

Kryptex has been running for the last day an a half(free) and is on target to supposedly making $50 bucks this month(jurys way out on that one). On a decade old machine.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
At this point I'm not sure there is any real benefit in investing in Bitcoin. At least for the average guy like me who can only invest small amounts.

I focused on the smaller ones that have a low risk high reward type of investing.

First one I invested in was Ripple, which at one point I had 8x the value but I will continue to hold no matter what. I expect it to rise pretty good by end of 2018.

Another one is called KIN. It's the currency that will be used in KIK and I expect it to go up in 2018 as well. KIN is a little more difficult to buy/sell because you have to invest Ethereum. But you can invest a fairly small amount, like $100, and have a potential for a huge return. It's at .0004 price right now so $100 USD would get you 250,000 KIN.

As always, only invest what you are comfortable losing. I have a total $750 invested and have only used that money when buying and selling. It's an amount that if everything were to go belly up, I would be ok in losing.

Quite a few of the ICO's that offer services and products are based on the Ethereum blockchain (which partially drives the price up on the underlying crypto). I've bought DentaCoin (DCN), Worldcore (WRC) and a few other ICO's that way.
Every month there seems to be dozens of new ICO's. It's getting hard to separate ones that offer viable services vs the ones looking to simply take advantage of the underlying crypto price. Some of the service-based ones have a multi-year road map...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Just looked into Kryptex, sounds good.

So you set up a quiwi wallet for the cash from the mining, then you can transfer that to any other wallet?

I got 3 "old" computers just sitting in the closet......

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
sold some while price was high made very nice profit . gonna let the rest sit for awhile .

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
if bitcoin survives it could hit and stay at 18 billion....i am not invested or planning to invest in any tokens cept salt
edit on 18-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

18 billion

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So you set up a quiwi wallet for the cash from the mining, then you can transfer that to any other wallet?

Haven't made any $$ from it yet to set up a wallet.

IF i ever do I plan to use Exodus desktop that I've had install for a year.

Then from there move it to where it's needed.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join