It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey has announced that the Kurdish genocide is about to begin.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Wouldn't be the first genocide at the hands of the Turks...

Nope they almost wiped out the Armenians, and yet the US will still not acknowledge that genocide. 1.5 million poor souls.

Where did you get that propaganda? The US DOES acknowledge it, its the Turks that do not. Please if youre going to make accusations make sure your info is correct

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The Kurds aren't as tough as you think they are. LOL at them being described as a "tough nut to crack".
They fled in absolute horror and with tears included in northern Iraq when the Iraqi army came rolling in to reclaim Iraqi sovereign territory.

Excuse my language, but the Kurds aint s***.
They are nothing more then a bunch of rag tag terrorists and militias who run around blowing things up and doing ambushes.

Big deal, they took on ISIS and beat them back. ISIS are even more poorly trained then the Kurds. What a shock, lol.
ISIS was only a problem, and only became as big of a headache as they did because no western country was willing to seriously put a stop to them, because the West wants Assad gone. And they don't care how he is made "gone".
When Russia stepped in, with simple air strikes actually targetting ISIS positions, ISIS was put not only on the back foot, but was sent running for their hidey holes, until Russian soldiers with Russian backed Syrian Army forces came knocking. When exactly did the Kurds start winning against ISIS again...? Oh yeh, around the same time..

The Kurds don't deserve their own country.
You feel sorry for the Kurds being betrayed in 1991 by the USA? I don't.
Read up on the Kurds, learn the absolutely horrific and brutal role they played in the Ottomans and the Turkish genocide of non-muslim populations from what is today known as Turkey.
Tell me again why you feel sorry for them then..

There's reports that the USA has armed the Kurds in Syria with manpad stingers..
The US has also announced a 30,000 strong Syrian Border Force. Guess whose going to make up the SBF? The Kurds in Syria. The same Kurds Turkey is now threatening to attack in an invasion.

But guess what? It's exactly what they want to happen. You know who "they" are.

When this is all done, the borders of the Middle East will be redrawn. I hope you all realize what the end game is here. It is not simply about the removal of Assad. Assad needs to go because he stands in the way of the end game. It's why Gaddafi had to go. It's why Saddam had to go. They are no longer useful or serve any purpose in being allowed to stay in power.

What they want is for Turkey to be drawn in with a large force, for a big war to happen, with lots of dead and lots of blood spilled.

Assad has already said that Syria will respond to any Turkish incursions or invasion, even threatening to shoot down Turkish planes.

The USA doesn't give a toss about the Kurds. The Kurds are being used to pull Turkey in to the conflict directly.
Remember, they wanted Turkey to send in its army, to invade Syria, back when this all started. Turkey wasn't convinced.

Now the Kurds are getting stronger in Syria, stronger only because the USA is pretending to be their patron.
Telling the world(ie Turkey) that they are going to create a Syrian Border Force(ie Kurdish army) trained and armed by America directly, right on Syria's northern border/regions(ie right on Turkeys door step).
They are arming the Kurdish group there, which Turkey considers a terror group that is directly linked to the PKK in Turkey/Iraq, with portable anti-air missiles.
They've already armed them with thousands and thousands of anti tank guided missile systems lol.
It's going to get bloody real quick on the ground for all involved.
And don't be surprised if bombs start going off in Turkey as the Kurds retaliate how they know best.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex
oh they are getting their own state, have no doubt about that. Turkey has not attacked them within the bounds of that state, only outside of it. Turkey is simply trying to claim what territory is left that has no been retaken by the Syrian government, which is not much left. Turkey has gained land from Syria from this "civil war and they intend on keeping it. Other than that, there is no plan to invade further South into Syria into land the Syrians are in control of. They are only going after what is not under their jurisdiction yet.

Syria likes to claim that the YPG held territory along the northern border is under their protection, but it is not. If they do defend against Turkish air, it will probably be as effective as when they fire on the Israeli's, which has typically been not very effective at all . The Kurds are on their own, and they got some bite they can put into it. It will still be a massacre for both sides.

Word is some of Turkeys battle hardened veterans were removed during the purging post coup. So they are working with some elements who are not going to as effective as those before them, as well as the FSA which has their own set of failures under their belt. In the end though, That Northeast corner will still be an independent state when its all said in done.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I sincerely hope the west finally grow a back bone and sort turkey out. Doesn't mean through warfare but it could be diplomatic or through economic means.

Slowly getting rid of freedom, bombing the Kurds who were pretty much the only effective force who took out Daesh and I seriously believe Erdargon wants to bring back the ottoman empire. I haven't seen anywhere of Kurds slaughtering people in Iraq or Syria.

I kinda understand why the Turks are pissed of with the pkk and the tak for bombing turkish cities. If you want freedom that's the wrong way to go about things. By bombing civilians you're going to piss off the local population and lose support. Try using peaceful protests, if it turns nasty then defend yourself then you'll get more support both locally and internationally.

Turkey needs booting out of NATO! And I think the Kurds should the very least have a referendum on independence WITH UN monitors making sure the voting is free, in all the territories they hold.

Viva la Kurds!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Therewearethen

Please note there was peace in turkey for something like 12 years till the current crazy guy ordered attacks against suspected PKK areas inside Turkey.

The only reason things had not kicked off again in a big way is the Kurdish leader from his prison cell ordered all efforts to be focused on ISIS.

As the ISIS thing is in the finish up phase I expect things inside turkey to get hot once more.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I'm not justifying what Erdargon has done, I support the PKK however, all I'm saying is letting car bombs off in major cities inflicting pretty heavy casualties isn't the answer. If the Turks go ahead with their operation in Syria and starting bombing eastern Turkey again, more than likely killing tens of thousands of civilians, who's cause is it going to help?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This translation came up kind of butchered, but says artillery let off a few shots that hit a maternity hospital??

EuroNews Turkey
The Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) shot Syria 's positions in Afrin city under the PYD control with a ball shot.

By Reuters shares görüntür the borders of Turkey, it was seen maneuvering his shot 3 times in the opening two two artillery batteries.

The Turkish troops on the border continue to wait in vigilance in the region where military activity continues.

On the other hand Syria's border with Turkey in a psychiatric Azez and women in the district maternity hospital in the city of Aleppo was alleged to have attacked with artillery.

In the alleged assault by PYD, 12 psychiatric patients were injured in a psychiatric hospital.

Approximately 200 patients in the psychiatric treatment suffered severe damage to the building where the wounded were referred to environmental hospitals.

There was no death or injury in the maternity hospital, which was the target of an attack on the ball.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
This translation came up kind of butchered, but says artillery let off a few shots that hit a maternity hospital??

EuroNews Turkey
The Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) shot Syria 's positions in Afrin city under the PYD control with a ball shot.

By Reuters shares görüntür the borders of Turkey, it was seen maneuvering his shot 3 times in the opening two two artillery batteries.

The Turkish troops on the border continue to wait in vigilance in the region where military activity continues.

On the other hand Syria's border with Turkey in a psychiatric Azez and women in the district maternity hospital in the city of Aleppo was alleged to have attacked with artillery.

In the alleged assault by PYD, 12 psychiatric patients were injured in a psychiatric hospital.

Approximately 200 patients in the psychiatric treatment suffered severe damage to the building where the wounded were referred to environmental hospitals.

There was no death or injury in the maternity hospital, which was the target of an attack on the ball.

Waiting for that 23432 guy to come and justify the actions. "As you can see the Kurds were hiding nuclear warheads inside the pregnant women".

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

LOL at them being described as a "tough nut to crack". They fled in absolute horror and with tears included in northern Iraq when the Iraqi army came rolling in to reclaim Iraqi sovereign territory. Excuse my language, but the Kurds aint s***.
Calling them a tough nut to crack refers more to the ability to make them a collective unit over the large area they are dispersed . If they were all one religion or one language or one political bend then it might be possible ... They are like herding cat's . I think that is why tptb wanted to create a ISIS to dictate over the area they wanted to cut out of Iraq/Iran/Syria/Turkey ... eta

edit on 19-1-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I agree its not a good move but it is what will happen, he will bomb them they will retaliate with car bombs and such and he will use that to justify more extreme actions.

Marginalize any group of people enough and terrorist like actions will occur.

I think the Kurds finally see a chance at their own land and they are going to take it come hell or high water.

I wish them the best.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You are absolutely right, Erdragqueen will use it as an excuse to justify is oppression on the Kurds.

I honestly think the UK and US are getting fed up of Turkey. Even though UK signed a deal with Turkey to help design new indigenous fighter jets. The Germans are publicly pissed of with the Turks and Germany has major influence over the EU.

I to hope the Kurds get their land. They deserve and they've been there for generations and generations.

Long live Kurdistan.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I to hope the Kurds get their land. They deserve and they've been there for generations and generations. Long live Kurdistan.
In North America there are 600 Nations that have been here generation after generation many times over .The place was once called Turtle Island and we are all still here save the Beothuck. There are Kurds in 4 countries and some of them don't mind living under those Government's . Its the same way here in N.A. ...There are certain groups of the Kurds labeled terrorist origination by western Nations . Having stable Govt's in the region is important .The majority of people inside those Country's although diverse want and need them to be stable to have a life other then warring .

If the few that think they can take control over others want to try they will be met with opposition . Think the Cuban Missile crises ...What should and will be decided in that region will have to be worked out by the neighborhood . Sometimes you just have to go along to get along and live as peacefully possible with your neighbors .

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

But Turks are vicious & unrelenting, if Erdogan has anything to do with it..!

Seems Syria really may turn out to have been the slow burning tinderbox 'Franz Ferdinand event' necessary to finally spark off WW3. We have Russia, Turkey, Syria, Iran, Lebanon, Al Qaeda, the USA, Israel, Saudi Arabia - and possibly an extra-territorial non state actor, working to shake it up & play the various players off against each other...

Dangerous times.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
oh they are getting their own state, have no doubt about that. Turkey has not attacked them within the bounds of that state, only outside of it. Turkey is simply trying to claim what territory is left that has no been retaken by the Syrian government, which is not much left. Turkey has gained land from Syria from this "civil war and they intend on keeping it. Other than that, there is no plan to invade further South into Syria into land the Syrians are in control of. They are only going after what is not under their jurisdiction yet.

Syria likes to claim that the YPG held territory along the northern border is under their protection, but it is not. If they do defend against Turkish air, it will probably be as effective as when they fire on the Israeli's, which has typically been not very effective at all . The Kurds are on their own, and they got some bite they can put into it. It will still be a massacre for both sides.

Word is some of Turkeys battle hardened veterans were removed during the purging post coup. So they are working with some elements who are not going to as effective as those before them, as well as the FSA which has their own set of failures under their belt. In the end though, That Northeast corner will still be an independent state when its all said in done.

Lol what battle hardened veterans?
Turkey hasn’t been to war in a long time. It’s fought a low intensity insurgency from the Kurds for a few decades, on and off again. Unless you think soldiers who invaded Cyprus in 1974 are still fit for front line combat roles.

Word is? You obviously don’t pay too much attention to headlines. ALL of Turkeys kemalist old guard has been purged from top to bottom. There’s over a hundred thousand people in jail as a result of the purges and thousands more hiding out in Europe and elsewhere.
Their Air Force actually has a shortage of pilots as a result, and the pilots they do have are poorly trained and lack flight hours and experience. Similar story right across the board for them.

If Turkey invades the Kurds are finished. Those who don’t flee will be massacred, and the Turks won’t show any mercy, it will be brutal and the line of what is a war crime will be well and truly crossed.

Turkey will only invade if America has agreed, ie given them the ok, and has assets in the area tasked with watching over the Turks to keep the Russians away.

What will likely happen though is small scale incursions, air strikes and artillery strikes. In fact the Turkish Defence Minister has announced artilery strikes have started on/near around Afrin or whatever.

Just like they did before, when they got humiliated by isis and had to flee, leaving behind a destroyed Leopard2 tank among other toys.

I really don’t care if the Kurds get a country or not, they are untrustworthy scumbags who don’t deserve their own slice anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Therewearethen

I'm not justifying what Erdargon has done, I support the PKK however, all I'm saying is letting car bombs off in major cities inflicting pretty heavy casualties isn't the answer. If the Turks go ahead with their operation in Syria and starting bombing eastern Turkey again, more than likely killing tens of thousands of civilians, who's cause is it going to help?

You support a declared terrorist group?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: GuidedKill

But Turks are vicious & unrelenting, if Erdogan has anything to do with it..!

Seems Syria really may turn out to have been the slow burning tinderbox 'Franz Ferdinand event' necessary to finally spark off WW3. We have Russia, Turkey, Syria, Iran, Lebanon, Al Qaeda, the USA, Israel, Saudi Arabia - and possibly an extra-territorial non state actor, working to shake it up & play the various players off against each other...

Dangerous times.

You know it’s prophecized right..?
Damascus destruction is also prophecized..

It remains to be seen what will happen how “big” Turkey will go with this, but if they go in hard with a big force, or if their incursions into Syria spark a bigger war, prophecy is being fulfilled..
There’s a little specific thing about the big war and where it starts...if it starts in the south, ie Syria, from memory without looking it up, it doesn’t end well for Turkeys future.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Therewearethen

You are absolutely right, Erdragqueen will use it as an excuse to justify is oppression on the Kurds.

I honestly think the UK and US are getting fed up of Turkey. Even though UK signed a deal with Turkey to help design new indigenous fighter jets. The Germans are publicly pissed of with the Turks and Germany has major influence over the EU.

I to hope the Kurds get their land. They deserve and they've been there for generations and generations.

Long live Kurdistan.

Why do the Kurds deserve a country carved out of four other SOVEREIGN countries?

Is that the reward they should get for butchering and massacring and raping Christians on behalf of the Ottoman Turks?

I think the sites admins/owners need to have s good long hard look at some of you who are openly supporting the terrorist PKK group.
Seems like PKK terrorists are in here posting their nonsense, like this threads title.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
you are bringing up an ancient history if you have to reach back to Ottoman Empire Kurdish pitbulling. You are obviously aware that everybody's hands were quite bloody at the time, not the least of which includes England, France, Belgium, USA, Spain etc.. etc.. all over the world. It is a non argument to reach back to ancient history to make a case for today unless you are going universally condemn us all.

In any case, the Kurds are not going to be running, they are equally matched on the ground with the Turks. If the pilots are as crappy as you say, then their Air will indeed fall like that of the coalition bombing Yemen.

Whether deserving of a state or not has never been my argument. The fact is they are getting it, and have already established its borders. The areas that Turkey are attacking are the areas not within those borders, and not yet under Syrian government control, as shown on that map I posted last page. Turkeys aggression is limited to those area and simply expanding their own borders a bit. This is all just Turkey demanding get more piece of the pie for allowing ISIS and the world's psycho's to flow through their borders freely from 2011 - 2015. They are simply cashing that check that was promised them. They were expecting to get more I guess because NATO convinced them that Syria would exist no more. The Russians clearly were not having that and thus where we are today.

Turkey may not even initiate a full on invasion of Afrin. They are just beefing the border up right now on the west side of it and shelling from there. They are intent on using the FSA though to take more land East of it. Afrin is not a part of the newly established state East of the Euphrates, so as far as the Turkes are concerned its land up for grabs unless and until Syria actually show up to wrestle it back into their sovereign.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You know it’s prophecized right..? Damascus destruction is also prophecized..
To be fair Jerusalem's destruction has been prophecized as well ....what does it even mean and are we talking pre-millenial or post ?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Seems like PKK terrorists are in here posting their nonsense, like this threads title.

Seems like your full of #. Don't worry Aussia, your country gets a turn of the action when North Korea happens. Just be patient.

a reply to: the2ofusr1
So here are some recent actions and claims being made in the area recently.

Turkish warplanes in the sky of the Al Bab city now and more than 25 rockets from the Turkish Army targets YPG's in Shaalah
"Syrian National Army" convoy heading towards Afrin border from all over Euphrates Shield area.
FSA will deploy 5000 soldiers for 1st Stage of Afrin operation
Turkey-backed FSA Euphrates Shield commander: 'Delay in Afrin Afrin op due to "bad weather". FSA put on high alert as of this afternoon. Op likely to kickoff 0700 tomorrow, unless sthing changed on international scene'

Efrîn: A russian delegation from Kafr Jannah is visiting multiple front lines between SDF and Turkish-backed Rebels to monitor and document the bombing of villages.
New Report from Russian Reporter after talking to several insiders and High ranking Kurdish Commander - News about Russia Withdrawing looks to be true

US closely watching Turkish for launch of incursion into northern Syria, a development that US officials believe could undermine the fight against ISIS, spark a regional clash, and throw diplomatic relations with NATO ally into chaos. A potential crisis on shutdown weekend.
US officials tell CNN that US troops continue overt patrols near Manbij, Syria. Officials say Turkish-backed rebels in the area regularly fire on these patrols and US forces occasionally return fire. One official said US troops in the Manbij area came under fire "in the last week"

Follow events as they happen with Live Map
edit on 1-19-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join