It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey has announced that the Kurdish genocide is about to begin.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Wouldn't be the first genocide at the hands of the Turks...

Nope they almost wiped out the Armenians, and yet the US will still not acknowledge that genocide. 1.5 million poor souls.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

LOL. The U.S. got suckered by the Brits...and the French...into getting involved in the ME with their machinations.

The U.S. doesn't need or want ME control, at least now.

I don't know where YOU get your information, but the 'professed' love is pure ME poker faced bull. Simply put, even Obama supported Levant. Not an Ottoman Empire.

Europe, rightfully wouldn't tolerate it and neither will the U.S..

I'm not going to change your mind, which is fine, but IMO, this all hinges on Putin. If he supports Turkey and Turkey moves into Syria, there will be a WWIII. If Putin realizes this and sees no one wins in that scenario, he may make accommodation with Trump...even Europe.

In any event, you will not see an Ottoman Empire ever again.Bank on it.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
That’s NATO it’s a nasty beast which is micromanaging the world.So yeah poor old Kurds are now surplus to requirements.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I thought it was the kurds that help fight isis ?
Turkey must be stopped at all cost, its only going downhill in that country

It was...the kurds have done more to help destroy isis than the us.... but Turkey is a disgusting racist country that dont give a # about the kurds and the us has as much back bone as who ever is better to support politically... no sense... no reason.

Poor kurds
may the turks suffer nummerous loses and their facist state show its true face!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: flice
Thats the spirit! Lets make sure we continue to give them our support!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

anti-aircraft missiles shipped to YPG in Efrin

US representatives told YPG commanders who received the shipment to not use it unless Efrin city and Kurdish-majority areas were threatened, and assured them that Turkey could launch a military operation to take Tal Rifa’at and dozens of villages around it which doesn’t belong to Efrin canton and in this case the missiles shouldn’t be used.

The shipment which supposed to be followed by others reached Syria from Kurdistan Iraq through Assad regime-held area in Aleppo eastern and western countryside to YPG-held Efrin canton but local sources confirmed that Russian or Assad regime didn't protest against these missiles.

Euphrates Shield forces have already been shelling the small towns around Efrin and there have been clashes. Supposedly there was also a recent air strike. If Turkish air attacks Efrin, they may fall from the sky.

edit on 1-18-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Seems like a bad decision for Turkey, if they make a serious move to crush the Kurds in Syria they risk all the Kurds in turkey destroying their supply lines.
Wonder if its just that maniac pushing his scared generals into this build up, in a pure turkey vs syrian kurd fight turkey will win eventually. Problem is Kurds form Iraq will come help and kurds from turkey will start raising kaine in turkey.

If that occurs there is no way Turkey wins, their military just isnt trained well enough to handle asymmetric warfare which the Kurds have been masters of for oh about 1000 years.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

The Kurds are one tough nut to crack....Good Luck Turkey.

I hope the Kurds destroy the Turk armies! I know a few immigrant Kurds, and no Turks... The Kurdw have been shat upon by Iran, Iraq, Turkey and now ISIS for centuries. I will side with the Kurds just because of who is after them.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It's way beyond Obama and Bush...it's the policy of the ME since ww1.

It certainly is but it was started by Sir Lawrence of Arabia and the lines the English drew on a map without regard for who lived in those lines.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
The problem is that the Turkish armed forces, unlike the Saudis, are in fact quite well trained. However, while the Kurdish resistance in Turkey has had to rely mostly on guerilla tactics, the Kurds in Syria are quite well armed thanks to their OPS' against ISIS. They also have tanks, ATGM's, possibly MANPADS, heavy artillery systems, Multiple Launch rocket systems etc.. etc.. They only lack an appropriate air force, which the US has been providing. However the US would not provide air assistance to the Kurds against Turkey unless Turkey either was kicked out of or withdraws from NATO. Clandestine logistic support may be possible though.

Honestly it would be a blood bath on both sides. The Turks are no amateurs. But they are barking up the wrong tree with Rojava. The YPG has the firepower and training on the ground to match Turkey. The US is certainly not ready to give up what it has invested in Rojava and the YPG, least of which the Turkey who has turned its back and aligned with Iran.

Oh well I just read that the Syrian government has threatened to defend against Turkish air if they instigate a bombing attack on Afrin/Efrin . Seems like the powers behind everything are forcing this to be a ground match if Syria is willing to go through with it.

Sana
In a statement to reporters at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants Office today, Dr. Miqdad stressed that Syria would meet any hostile Turkish action or launch military action against the Syrian Arab Republic by appropriate response, pointing out that the Syrian Air Defense Force has regained its full strength and is ready to destroy Turkish air targets in the skies of Syria This means that if Turkish air strikes on Syria, he should not consider himself a picnic.

I forgot Afrin is not inside the borders of Rojava, which would explain why the Turks are choosing to target their aggression there, and why Syria would also rush to their aide.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Which Is why i believe, its highly likely the deal between all parties (with exception of Assad and Iran,possibly Turk) is to carve out Kurdistan east of the Euphrates from Syria and possibly parts of Iraq.
You get whats left of Syria , E ukraine and Crimea,we get Kurdistan, its strategic location to Iran, its development and construction contracts and most of its oil revenue and most importantly, it's land to run our pipeline to Europe.
edit on 18-1-2018 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think i see the plot here. We are given the impression that the US want to give the Kurds and the Syrian rebels a good protion of the Syrian land north of the Euphrates river. But what i really think it is, is a plot to trick Assad, Russia and Iran. Trukey is not really a Russian ally but a US ally. By giving the world the impression that the US want to give the kurds all this land in Syria. Turkey have a reason to march into Syria and fight the Kurds. But what they are really doing is creating a northern front inside Syria for a future attack on Assad. I personally think Turkey is going to backstab Russia when all this is in Place.

Or the other option is that: it is Turkey who is going to be the 30 000 strong boarder force in the Northern part of Syria.

Something just dont add up in this mess og a war.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

anti-aircraft missiles shipped to YPG in Efrin

US representatives told YPG commanders who received the shipment to not use it unless Efrin city and Kurdish-majority areas were threatened, and assured them that Turkey could launch a military operation to take Tal Rifa’at and dozens of villages around it which doesn’t belong to Efrin canton and in this case the missiles shouldn’t be used.

The shipment which supposed to be followed by others reached Syria from Kurdistan Iraq through Assad regime-held area in Aleppo eastern and western countryside to YPG-held Efrin canton but local sources confirmed that Russian or Assad regime didn't protest against these missiles.

Euphrates Shield forces have already been shelling the small towns around Efrin and there have been clashes. Supposedly there was also a recent air strike. If Turkish air attacks Efrin, they may fall from the sky.

The Syrian gov't has said it will fire on any Turkish jets that violate it's airspace. We'll see.

As I said before, I suspect this might result in the Kurds deciding to reconcile with Assad.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Turkey (at least publicly) is of the opinion America was behind the recent coup attempt
Supports the arming and training Kurds in Syria whom Turkey is against
it's future in the EU wont happen,
I expect these are legit moves by Turkey,its alignment with Russia and the East
it never was apart of Europe,and it never will be
Though i could be completely wrong
If such a force is created,Turkey will bomb the militant Kurds in the North, imo Syria wont lift a finger.
I personally think after thousands of years of war,these people need to be separated,that though difficult as it may be, kurds deserve there own country
I think this was the USA's plan from Iraq,from the get go.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

Turkey (at least publicly) is of the opinion America was behind the recent coup attempt
Supports the arming and training Kurds in Syria whom Turkey is against
it's future in the EU wont happen,
I expect these are legit moves by Turkey,its alignment with Russia and the East
it never was apart of Europe,and it never will be
Though i could be completely wrong
If such a force is created,Turkey will bomb the militant Kurds in the North, imo Syria wont lift a finger.

Syria without the support of Russia and Iran dont have the capability to take on Turkey.

I do think Turkey will attack the Kurds, but that is just a minor problem and not part of the main goal/plot in this war. The US are hell bendt on taking out Assad. And i think this is all a smokescreen to give us all a impression. The publick will Accept that Turkey will attack the Kurds do to their history With the Kurds. That is the plot that gives Turkey the acceptance to bring in their forces to the Northern part of Syria. When this is done we will see a change in this war.

The only way this will go wrong is if Russia creates bases North of the river.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Could very well happen
Either way a deal has been struck
Turkey could turn on the Russian's and secure N Syria with no intent on returning it, under the guise of defending against the kurds.And as you say,use it for a staging ground or "safe zone" to further foment unrest indefinitely against Assad.
but the result would be kurds aligning with Russia/Assad, and betrayal from the USA
dashing their hopes of a pipeline and staging ground for Iran.
No way to tell if the new friendship between Russia and Turkey is genuine.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I have some vague memory from a few months ago reading an article that said the Syrian kurds and assad had struck sort of an accord, where the kurds get to basically be autonomous but they have to stop trying to topple assad and be willing to lend a hand in defense of the country.

Could very well be a bad memory, but if true would make sense for Syria to offer air support in the event of a serious push.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The monkey wrench is Russia and Turkey and what they have up their sleeve with their new relationship.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
you are correct they did strike a deal, but I think Assad was hoping that they would waive hosting NATO forces inside their boundaries. It was wishful thinking of Assad. Domestically in America, the Kurds have congressional bi-partisan support for independence in Iraq. It is quite clear that the Pentagon support has established we also are fully behind Syrian Kurdish autonomy/independence as well.

Syria is threatening Turkish air because Russia has people stationed in Afrin, which is where Turkish aggression and threats have manifested lately and in the surrounding countryside.

That section is not within the borders of the Rojava autonomous district, and explains why they are still under attack by the Turks. The Turks already control a chunk of northern Syria through their FSA umbrella group and have military assets deployed in the region. I am theorizing the Turks are not going to give it up, and are attempting to expand it in the current YPG held areas West of Euphrates. They know they can do nothing about Rojava, so they are going after the land that is not yet under Syrian government control. Syria though still sees those areas as under their control because they are having better terms with the Kurds, thus the defensive posture against Turkish continued expansion into chunks of Northern Syria.

Forgive my crude depictions here, I just took a snap of the territorial lines from the livemap and did my best. The Red arrows are where Turkey will continue to try and expand their control into, primarily through their FSA aligned factions but backing them with air support wherever and whenever possible. What you see in green between the two yellows pretty much belongs to them now. Their goal is to expand that as much as possible before the official end of WW3.

Afrin is the flash point. If they strike there like they plan on, well, expect to see Turkish cities experience another wave of bombings and terrorist attacks on par with what they went through for like eight months after shooting down the Russian jet. Funny how that died down after they mended relations, no?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

i remember the saudis wanted to run a pipeline through syria into turkey to europe and syrians wanted no part of it so saudis funding isis and alqeda to try to overthrow syrian gov then russia jumped in to cover there interests.
now turkey looks poised to jump into frying pan. can the us kick turkey out of nato or stop them using our bases in turkey.

i may be wrong but if turks invade syria and runs into russian troops and fires upon them russia might get really pissed with nato for not controling it members.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join